La Tailor Girl v1.89 Plain Black [updated march 18 2023]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.68.99 [informative]

Post by fakemai »

Milestone wrote:Could you also provide a keybind for quick using stored Radiation Suits?
All use items can be bound in the console if you know their internal names (I think for hazmat it's bind <key> "use HazMatLiteItem"). You also might like this mod since it adds a full bind menu for La Tailor Girl's items, and a few others, though it does spoiler what items exist.
Milestone

Post by Milestone »

fakemai wrote:All use items can be bound in the console if you know their internal names (I think for hazmat it's bind <key> "use HazMatLiteItem"). You also might like this mod since it adds a full bind menu for La Tailor Girl's items, and a few others, though it does spoiler what items exist.
I hadn't played Doom for the last several months, so I've missed out on some of the newer mods (like this!). I tried out that Hotkey mod, and it works great for this, thanks. I knew about the manual keybind thing, but I didn't have to look up a sheet of what was in the mod, and, well, as Krusty the Klown once said, "I'm a LAAAAAAZY man." And I'd rather be able to keep track of my keybinds via the GZDoom controls menu.
"Inventory item overload" is kind of a thing for this mod, if you play thru an entire Doom 2 campaign, and having hotkeys for "the most important stuff" is kind of great. If anything, it makes me wish that more items would be on the HUD if you own them, like the way it shows the belt, just to remind me they're there. The towel and the wine are the two biggies for me. It's why I just didn't bother with half the items in Russian Overkill...menu scroooooollllllll....

Really, really loving this mod. I haven't had this much fun with Doom since Samsara, Russian Overkill, and REELism. Just after playing a bunch, I realize the SHEER AMOUNT of weapon sets this grants with so many qualities, and it makes every playthru different. When I started, I favored what I thought was the "powerful" stuff, then I realized how many outfits give, say, faster chaingun, rockets that don't harm you, and OH MAN the BFG is the best implementation of that weapon, like, ever. Oh, and that doesn't even go into Sewie's stuff. (Love her for shorter campaigns/Doom 1 stuff)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Apteral10

Post by Apteral10 »

I wonder what Hege has in store for us next. I guess an upgraded version for the arctic outfit since it is December?
ShockwaveS08
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Android 10

Post by ShockwaveS08 »

Just updated the OGG Sound Pack for v1.68.99. Instructions are the same as last time: Nix the Sounds folder from your personal copy of the mod, and replace it with the Sounds folder from the OGG Sound Pack.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/0bfkiol2k ... 9.pk7/file
SwiftFunk
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by SwiftFunk »

Milestone wrote:
fakemai wrote:All use items can be bound in the console if you know their internal names (I think for hazmat it's bind <key> "use HazMatLiteItem"). You also might like this mod since it adds a full bind menu for La Tailor Girl's items, and a few others, though it does spoiler what items exist.
I hadn't played Doom for the last several months, so I've missed out on some of the newer mods (like this!). I tried out that Hotkey mod, and it works great for this, thanks. I knew about the manual keybind thing, but I didn't have to look up a sheet of what was in the mod, and, well, as Krusty the Klown once said, "I'm a LAAAAAAZY man." And I'd rather be able to keep track of my keybinds via the GZDoom controls menu.
"Inventory item overload" is kind of a thing for this mod, if you play thru an entire Doom 2 campaign, and having hotkeys for "the most important stuff" is kind of great. If anything, it makes me wish that more items would be on the HUD if you own them, like the way it shows the belt, just to remind me they're there. The towel and the wine are the two biggies for me. It's why I just didn't bother with half the items in Russian Overkill...menu scroooooollllllll....

Really, really loving this mod. I haven't had this much fun with Doom since Samsara, Russian Overkill, and REELism. Just after playing a bunch, I realize the SHEER AMOUNT of weapon sets this grants with so many qualities, and it makes every playthru different. When I started, I favored what I thought was the "powerful" stuff, then I realized how many outfits give, say, faster chaingun, rockets that don't harm you, and OH MAN the BFG is the best implementation of that weapon, like, ever. Oh, and that doesn't even go into Sewie's stuff. (Love her for shorter campaigns/Doom 1 stuff)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Last I played, it already works with Chex Quest
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by fakemai »

Milestone wrote:Also, KIND of a request, but is there any chance that, after this mod is "finalized", that we can get a version that's compatible with Heretic, too?
I actually asked about trying to implement that a while ago but apparently someone else was working on it. This was a while back though so not sure if it's still being done. It seemed to at least be feasable with some small changes.
RabbitCuddle

Post by RabbitCuddle »

Well, after much delay... here is a rough list of Sewie's enchantments... uuugh... I don't like Sewie :S

https://pastebin.com/RvAzKc5V
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Since this issue got reported...
viewtopic.php?p=1084320#p1084320

I'd really prefer to see this fixed in the mod instead of having to add a band-aid fix to the parser to let the incorrect definition pass through the parser.
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

huh surprisingly lot of discussion, some that have been gone over, but I'll answer few specific ones
2) Since you're adding F1/Help Screen stuff in there, can you make a bit for the Help screen that lists off all the powerups (except the obvious ones like health, ammo, and clothes), and their uses? I played thru this blind the first time, and ended up having to scroll back through the console messages and/or come to this thread to realize what some of the powerups/inventory items do.
I do plan to list most of the more less obvious ones in the F1
So I have been messing around in Slade 3 with this mod (though the mod uses ZScript) and was trying to create my own clothing set, using code from other clothing pieces in the mod, and managed to create a new clothing set, Again, I was only messing around because I wonder if it was possible to code custom clothing sets.

EDIT: It is a purple armor, a rare one, can be upgraded, but upon it being destroyed by enemies, the player explodes, but takes away 15 health points, Melee has a strong kick, as well as a strong punch, pressing the 'Reload' key will allow a supercharge and can only be used after 'Reload' key has been pressed again, However, it requires to charge up energy, However, energy charges slower than pistol secondary charge, and Wedding Dress connection power
If you know what you are doing, then making custom sets shouldn't be too hard. You just need to make sure the tokens are given and taken properly
Just updated the OGG Sound Pack for v1.68.99. Instructions are the same as last time: Nix the Sounds folder from your personal copy of the mod, and replace it with the Sounds folder from the OGG Sound Pack.
Well the current dev build of mine has so many new sounds but I'll try see if I can replace some of them of this pack
Well, after much delay... here is a rough list of Sewie's enchantments... uuugh... I don't like Sewie :S
Sewie's non sprite changing ones also have a lot of changes, tho there will be some new indication for this

Since this issue got reported...
viewtopic.php?p=1084320#p1084320

I'd really prefer to see this fixed in the mod instead of having to add a band-aid fix to the parser to let the incorrect definition pass through the parser.
Will be fixed, tho the powerupgiver could do with similiar note that the a_changeflag has when used in zscript, cause its bit non obvious due of the wiki so heavily inclining the powerupgiver

In other news I plan to do a release after I get more refining and features done, specifically one new outfit
For this release tho, Nari won't be ready so I'll probably be disabling her from the main selection, tho leave her in for those that really wanna play as her can just remove comment line
RabbitCuddle

Post by RabbitCuddle »

Forgot to ask but, how long do you want me to wait after a new update comes out before I post an update to the armour enchantment lists? (In case you wanna add something sneaky).
zombie_ryushu

Post by zombie_ryushu »

Can I request a Shrine Maiden Costume?
Rex R

Post by Rex R »

I have noticed an interesting feature added in the most recent update in regard to the homing rockets...they do occasionally try to settle into an orbit around their intended target(mostly cacos), this can get hazardous for the player as it ups the chance of running into your own rockets.
Rex
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

Forgot to ask but, how long do you want me to wait after a new update comes out before I post an update to the armour enchantment lists? (In case you wanna add something sneaky).
You dont need to wait for the armor list things
Spoiler:
Shrine maiden has been in the plans for a while
Spoiler:
The older missiles were even more dangerous as they would easily try to slam to ground, so that should be least of the worries

So I mentioned I was planning to update before new years so here;

LTG V 1.70 (hasty)

Notice: 3.7.0 seems to have caused pain states to break with full armor absorption so use earlier version or a development version of gzdoom

Key features;
-Ammo indicator on the hud! helps you keep track of what ammo each gun uses with each armor
-More life fiber uses! Many guns have some interesting new power up modes
-Sewie sprite indicator! Know when an armor is only half there..
-Kamui buff; Spawns an armor from "good armor pool" after use
-Sewie gains nurse outfit
-A new space marine armor

Full log:
Spoiler:
RabbitCuddle

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.70H [happy new year]

Post by RabbitCuddle »

I am enjoying the new armour you added Hege but I need to mention something very tiny about 1 character :3 :
Spoiler:
Apteral10

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.70H [happy new year]

Post by Apteral10 »

Is there some kind of console command order to access Nari because I have seen it mentioned here about... Three times I guess? Let me know through a PM or if this is allowed to be public knowledge feel free to answer in here when you can.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”