La Tailor Girl v1.89 Plain Black [updated march 18 2023]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.70H [happy new year]

Post by fakemai »

Apteral10 wrote:The Miko ninja outfit... Is just randomly dropped by black or white CH enemies. I HIGHLY doubt it drops naturally on a spot where there is usually armor pickup of blue variation or megasphere.
It's possible but extremely rare to find on all clothing spawners. Not the rarest outfit though, there's one that has a particular condition to spawn at all, and one that is based on finding a really rare item multiple times. One thing this mod has in spades is replay value. Especially, try with different maps, and even OBLIGE-generated ones.
Apteral10

Post by Apteral10 »

fakemai wrote:
Apteral10 wrote:The Miko ninja outfit... Is just randomly dropped by black or white CH enemies. I HIGHLY doubt it drops naturally on a spot where there is usually armor pickup of blue variation or megasphere.
It's possible but extremely rare to find on all clothing spawners. Not the rarest outfit though, there's one that has a particular condition to spawn at all, and one that is based on finding a really rare item multiple times. One thing this mod has in spades is replay value. Especially, try with different maps, and even OBLIGE-generated ones.
I mostly stick with the hard core version of Maps of Chaos because it is so much fun and provides more decisions when playing with this mod and CH. I have started playing joy of mapping and I have to say it works just fine.
jayjayduque_123

Post by jayjayduque_123 »

hello i downloaded ur mod but cant seem to open it with the late gzdoom. whenever i open it. it stays in a black screen after 5 or 10 seconds the game crashed. do i need a specific version of gzdoom? also i dont have other mods installed when im using your mod. pls help
Rex R

Post by Rex R »

most likely need a newer version of gzdoom (current version 3.7.2) look here viewtopic.php?f=48&t=32845
good luck and happy gaming.
Rex
FeddyCaeks

Post by FeddyCaeks »

Not sure what's happened but the mod has become unplayable. I had a save file that worked fine, trying any other Doom game though would cause me to seem to be in god mode for a certain amount of time, before eventually losing HP upon taking damage, and I can't pick up any armor either. Weapons and inventory items are picked up but I'm stuck naked. Went back to the save file, and again the mod was fine. I updated GZDoom to the latest version and now I can't access any of my old saves, and starting a new game I still have the same problem. Not sure what I'm missing here!
Korell

Post by Korell »

FeddyCaeks wrote:Not sure what's happened but the mod has become unplayable. I had a save file that worked fine, trying any other Doom game though would cause me to seem to be in god mode for a certain amount of time, before eventually losing HP upon taking damage, and I can't pick up any armor either. Weapons and inventory items are picked up but I'm stuck naked. Went back to the save file, and again the mod was fine. I updated GZDoom to the latest version and now I can't access any of my old saves, and starting a new game I still have the same problem. Not sure what I'm missing here!
Sometimes, newer versions of GZDoom are not compatible with saves from older versions. As for it not starting, what errors are you getting? They should be reported in the console, or in a crash log if it crashes to the desktop.
FeddyCaeks

Post by FeddyCaeks »

Well there's no errors, and the game starts up fine, I'm just completely unable to pick up any armor. Weapons, ammo and things like the backpack I can pick up and use as well as inventory items. But the armor doesn't give any option to put it on when I walk up to it, and I can't even get scraps on when I walk over scraps on the ground. And the really weird thing is it was all working fine in my [now inaccessible] save, but in whatever doom game/map pack I tried to load and start a new game in, the problem would occur. It starts me with 99 health and I take a bunch of hits before the HP starts going down too, which is really weird because normally when you're naked you can barely take any damage before dying, let alone tank a bunch of it without losing HP. So basically I can play the game as much as I want but without the aid of any armor whatsoever.
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

FeddyCaeks wrote:Well there's no errors, and the game starts up fine, I'm just completely unable to pick up any armor. Weapons, ammo and things like the backpack I can pick up and use as well as inventory items. But the armor doesn't give any option to put it on when I walk up to it, and I can't even get scraps on when I walk over scraps on the ground. And the really weird thing is it was all working fine in my [now inaccessible] save, but in whatever doom game/map pack I tried to load and start a new game in, the problem would occur. It starts me with 99 health and I take a bunch of hits before the HP starts going down too, which is really weird because normally when you're naked you can barely take any damage before dying, let alone tank a bunch of it without losing HP. So basically I can play the game as much as I want but without the aid of any armor whatsoever.
Sounds like you've turned on Nudist Beach mode in the LTG options menu. It's one of the special gameplay modes.
FeddyCaeks

Post by FeddyCaeks »

Ok yep that was it. I completely forgot that I was futzing around in those weird options with no explanations. I think I thought there'd be some extra KLK easter eggs or something. Thanks!
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by fakemai »

For reference the special modes do the following:
  • Transfer student: Start with schoolgirl costume and scissor blade. Obvious reference.
  • Back from shopping: Starts game with a shopping bag pick-up.
  • Nudist Beach: While another Kill La Kill reference, sadly it does not give you that organization's skimpy uniform. It just forces you to play nude, with the exception of Kamui which is your only escape from the hell that is playing this mode as Daina. It's not as bad with Sewie but she's limited to the pathetic headbutt attack when under Kamui.
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

Okay so since things are going bit slow and there has been so many versions changes with gzdoom and last LTG release is pretty old, I have decided to release a public beta build, and I might keep releasing more beta builds as I go due of the development times

Download

In this beta:
-Nari is playable but she is also still unfinished, lot of sprites are still missing and have hud place holders
-Part of the outfits have new Daina sprites, but this is still unfinished aswell
-Sewie has some new toys and tricks too but they are not as big tho apart from one certain one
-There are lot of bug fixes, tweaks and stuff
-Some items have changed spawn rates and proc rates

Second reminder that this is a beta build which is also heavily work in progress, there are things that are not finished, unpolished or might even be missing feature wise

If you run into a bug, let me know, but take into consideration that this is heavy WIP build.

Misc Change Logs related to weapon/ability balances;
Spoiler:
MPN

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.70H + Public Beta[see post]

Post by MPN »

Glad to see that you continue working on this mod. :D

I have an extended weekend... so i have some time to play the new beta.
MasterBeavis
Preferred Pronouns: Ask Me
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by MasterBeavis »

Makes me want to play Hdoom lol Love this mod though is there future things you want to implement into this?
Milestone

Post by Milestone »

Question: Is there a particular reason why Sewie's ability to change outfits is bound to "use" instead of the the "strip" key for the other 2? Is there some kind of function the "strip" key does for Sewie that I'm not aware of?

And Other Question: Would it be possible to give the same "look down, kick outfits away" ability that Sewie has? Too many times have I picked up a shopping bag in a small corridor, and ended up with something I really want in the middle of a crowd of other things, and curse my not-being-Sewie-ness.
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

Makes me want to play Hdoom lol Love this mod though is there future things you want to implement into this?
I plan to make some mobility options and rebalances in the future, I also have idea for some sort of shop system in the far future, but no idea how Id go with that yet
Question: Is there a particular reason why Sewie's ability to change outfits is bound to "use" instead of the the "strip" key for the other 2? Is there some kind of function the "strip" key does for Sewie that I'm not aware of?

And Other Question: Would it be possible to give the same "look down, kick outfits away" ability that Sewie has? Too many times have I picked up a shopping bag in a small corridor, and ended up with something I really want in the middle of a crowd of other things, and curse my not-being-Sewie-ness.
Sewie's special, its her unique perk, she does not strip, she prefers to do the comical change spin.
And no, not at the moment, I might make it a whole range ability later on, but currently its Sewie only as Sewie really needs it to avoid accidently picking up unwanted outfits infront of switches/doors

So time for a little beta version update;

Beta #2:
Download

-Nari has about all outfits code wise now done, (Shiver's power armor not included, yet). They also have their hud sprite variants and placeholders
-Improved F1 help menu, hopefully this is now less confusing.
-Some balance changes, tweaks and the like, mostly related to Nari
-Rare outfit spawn rate is temporarily raised in this beta

Return to “Gameplay Mods”