La Tailor Girl v1.89 Plain Black [updated march 18 2023]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
AvzinElkein

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.52 [Hot Springs]

Post by AvzinElkein »

chaoseclipse01 wrote:I'm curious, have you considered maybe adding a tutorial map for players to access that has all the items present so that players can try each outfit (With about 10 of each armor, 10 of each inventory item, 10 of each weapon, a button to summon backpacks and shopping bags, and a shooting range with a button to spawn random monsters) so players can get an idea of which armor they like best with each specific weapon? I imagine you could add it as part of the mod as its own separate episode so it won't conflict with any level wads.
I'd like to second this!
chaoseclipse01

Post by chaoseclipse01 »

AvzinElkein wrote:
chaoseclipse01 wrote:I'm curious, have you considered maybe adding a tutorial map for players to access that has all the items present so that players can try each outfit (With about 10 of each armor, 10 of each inventory item, 10 of each weapon, a button to summon backpacks and shopping bags, and a shooting range with a button to spawn random monsters) so players can get an idea of which armor they like best with each specific weapon? I imagine you could add it as part of the mod as its own separate episode so it won't conflict with any level wads.
I'd like to second this!
Something else I didn't think about until now, perhaps have a small obstacle/parkour course as well for outfits that give movement bonuses. IE: Outfits that give attacks that temporarily increase movement speed when you use certain melee attacks and/or weapons (Schoolgirl alt melee attacks, Extreme Bikini alt melee and Ultra BFG alt fire, etc), as well as the Succubi outfits that give you flight. That way players can get an idea of the speeds they can expect as well as what size of gaps they can safely jump across.
IDKrisis

Post by IDKrisis »

Quick suggestion for an upgrade for the wedding dress - a yellow outfit with black stripes based on "the Bride" from Kill Bill, complete with a powerful katana.
Apteral10

Post by Apteral10 »

I am very interested to see what kind of upgrades you come up with next.
Sasha_The_Lynx
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Sasha_The_Lynx »

Been awhile since anyone commented, or an update, but hey, its summer and things can get busy sometimes.

This morning i had quite an interesting and cute idea for the Sheep outfit as an upgrade.
Ever watched Droopy Dog Sheep Wrecked? That old cartoon had a scene where there was a sudden anthropomorphism of a sheep where the wolf tried to steal one of the sheeps, but instead of just pulling off the wool by accident with a plunger (Firing a plunger with a bow as an arrow to pull the sheep trick), he end up turning the said sheep into a curvy, and cute anthro. Making the upgrade of the Sheep Outfit to look similar sounds like a neat idea in my opinion.

...unless you already have plans on doing the exact same idea and i somehow unintentionaly predicted the future hah, but eitehr way, just something i like to suggest.
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

I assumed hege was embroiled in a massive secret update to add ribbons and cat-ears to all the gun sprites. XD
Sasha_The_Lynx

Post by Sasha_The_Lynx »

eharper256 wrote:I assumed hege was embroiled in a massive secret update to add ribbons and cat-ears to all the gun sprites. XD
That be quite a sight to see hehe. But there is defintly a big update comming im sure, considering how long it takes.
But hey, i bet the update will be so epic, it deserves a medal made out of platinum.
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by fakemai »

He's made 2 decent updates to Colourful Hell since the last version of La Tailor Girl so I assume he's just been caught up with that. Certainly I'm curious what's coming though.
Sasha_The_Lynx

Post by Sasha_The_Lynx »

fakemai wrote:He's made 2 decent updates to Colourful Hell since the last version of La Tailor Girl so I assume he's just been caught up with that. Certainly I'm curious what's coming though.
Ah he did? Thats awesome. Its one of my favorite monster replacer mods and it might explain why that mod is easly compadible with La Tailor Girl (I honestly didnt knew he made both mods, im a wierdo).
But yeah, we have to wait and see what he has in store for us.
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

Tutorial/showcase map has been in plans, and ive worked on one, too much stuff has been going on tho

I'd reply to some other stuff too but I'll just want to put out this announcement

VERSION 1.60

Whats new?
A lot, a lot is new.
Lets get to it

New character joins the fray!

Sewie

A weak lesser demon from the purgatory, she is a demon that preys on the innocent to steal their souls, Daina managed to capture her hearth tho in a pure accident and now Sewie has been stalking her with adoring eyes ever since, waiting for a chance to manifest and meet her again..

Sewie is a secondary character for those that want more tankier and easier early play character, not to mention multiplayer support character!
While as she doesn't get all the advantages as Daina and she only gets special sprites on upgrades and rare armors(Not all ready yet even), she still packs a punch
-Sewie is able to pick up Kamui and tear em apart to gain a powerup of crazy eye level! That's an advantage!
-Sewie however cannot use the guts belt and cannot be blessed by the divine for being a demon, hazmat is also bit of sausage to her but can be provided for protection
-Sewie has different starting weapons than Daina, but the rest are same, she will miss out on pistol and melee enchants however
-Sewie's basic alt fires vary on a lot of the basic weapons, there are many other changes on fire modes aswell with outfits
-Sewie can handle the void sphere a bit better on default use on top of that

Sewie does require some pre knowledge to be handle'd well and she doesn't carry a PDA around so keep the effects in mind.

JOLLY COOPERATION

A big thanks to SGT SHIVERS for remaking a lot of the weapon firing animations!
And that's not all, lucky players might find something else by Shivers lying around during play

borrowing Terminusest13 again, one of the new outfits can have a familiar summon pop by
you better keep your eyes open for some high noon

Armor re-haul

Fakemai gave me a big hand in re-hauling the armor system of LTG, the playstyle might've gotten bit harder with this, but there will be tweaks in the future as this change allows me to easier to do so
regardless, armor values should be less all over the place now.

That's about that for now
I had a list of other changes written down but unfortunately that file is gone so I can't put out a full change log this time

So uhh, go nuts?
Sasha_The_Lynx

Post by Sasha_The_Lynx »

Hege Cactus wrote: -snip of the massive patchnote and the amazing upate-
Wooo! Im so excited for this new update! And Sewie looks like an interesting character so im gonna give her a try.
I definlty make an edit of my comment when i treid everything out.

And i gotta say, you never fail to impress with new stuff <3

EDIT: Alright, yesterday i went for the first episode of doom and then i tried a few maps on a custom wad (Reverie to be exact) with Sewie, and i gotta say, she is a cutie.
I noticed that she is much more playful in her personality than Diana, as in less patient and love to get things going.

She kinda reminds me of a mixture of Diana and the baron from Heart of Demons. From what there is now with this update, i love it already. Sewie is different enough to act as a different role in multiplayer, but for this reason makes the gameplay great. I havent been able to test this in multiplayer yet (My friend i played with before is way occupied with world of warcraft).

Also as a side note, i do love how her nude sprite was made, its super cute lol. I did also noticed how she isnt as affected as diana is when loosing their clothing, as the weapon performance, atleast waht i noticed, are still the same. I geuss this is due to her much more energenic nature. Her sound clip when pushing a wall (Instead of a button) and she says ''whoops!'' is also cute hehe

Now for the weapons. I havent seen them all yet but they are more awesome with how fluid and wellmade they have become. Kodus to the one who remade them all.
Diana's melee attacks with kicks are alot more cooler now and less clunky.

Today i will play more and test stuff out.
Last edited by Sasha_The_Lynx on Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.60 [Sewie cuts in]

Post by Captain J »

Sewie is our best waifu of all time. Hands down! :twisted:
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by fakemai »

I'm not gonna be able to try this out properly for a while but I couldn't resist a quick look and I'm loving the new addition. Not totally sure on the theme of the new girl, but she's cute, and some of he alts seem to emphasise horizontal spread with minimal vertical, and the outfit swapping feature on use works nicely. As far as bugs I noticed that NoFix isn't being applied to Sewie with MMO. Possibly other specials aren't being applied, but that's all.
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

Oh nice, an update just as I'm about to do a Megawad marathon this morning!

Extra character for the win... we just need a loli-angel for the full trifecta. XD

EDIT: Played through Breach and part of Baneful with Sewie until I died to an Archvile ignoring LOS for lulz.

I'm guessing she actually eats the clothing to gain its effects at the moment since she doesn't have any unique sprites (lol).

Noticed MMO armour can heal now up to 300. I also saw two wedding dresses, a lab coat, and a succubus outfit too so it felt like the drop rate is skewed to be more random (In playing earlier versions, Bunnygirl, Swimsuit, Ninja and School Uniform always seemed more common, but maybe thats just me).
Rex R

Post by Rex R »

hi, registered to report a bug with v1.6; the end game key(F7) ends the game...by dumping me out to the desktop, tain't supposed to do that. other than that I am enjoying the mod.
Rex

Return to “Gameplay Mods”