La Tailor Girl v1.89 Plain Black [updated march 18 2023]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.52 [Hot Springs]

Post by fakemai »

One full Plutonia and Doom 2 playthrough later and I got to try all the new bits, at least the mentioned ones.

>Tsun
That's one apocalyptic slap, and for the time I one-shot a Baron of Hell with it it officially tops cat maid. It's also got other good improvements over the already excellent standard form so it'll be a regularly used one for sure.

>Towel
A bit of a mixed bag functionally though I like the portable nature and can't complain about it turning into fanservice-anime-towel when it's low on durability. The melee secondary is amazing since it scares enemies, including stuff like Arch-Viles. BFG reload is nifty though disappointingly doesn't alter her sprites in any way. Probably speed up the switching animation for the melee, it's frustratingly slow. (Intentional or not I can't help but think of Home Improvement for its internal name "TowelTime".)

>Blackini
Overall kind of neat despite the obvious disdain for it in-game (it is the seventh swimwear after all). The BFG's secondary kills my toaster like a couple of recent additions, but the reload feature is really cool. Overall not a favourite but usable. The pulse rifle is particularly strong, although fittingly weird since it's like a shotgun.

>Other
Lemon is real useful if abusing scissor blade (guilty as charged, perhaps tone down the armor restoration a bit, 50 is really high). Nurse upgrade melee still way too powerful in the same fashion. Noticed the office girl's K800Rod hits like a truck, and what the heck is the super shocker alt fire? Fuck you Plutonia for giving me only 4 gold threads and no BFG. 10/10 intermission screen addition I suspected that'd get one at some point, and for fixing the staff roll too.
Spoiler:
Alphapotato33
Location: here... maybe, actually probably not, im usually over there.

Post by Alphapotato33 »

Found a glitch (or a reference that i don't get)
If you lose the upgraded schoolgirl outfit you repeatedly lose the outfit causing thread to go everywhere and several overlapping voice lines.
You can't pick up another outfit but you can pick up scrap.
Picking up scrap stops the voice lines and thread, but doesn't actually give you any armor.
The weapons behave normally except the bfg which does nothing.
Using the voidsphere alt will start the voice line thread thing again.
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

Oh, i also saw you added a new level end screen with the succubus outift. Its so cute hehe. Poor Doomguy, dont know how to handle a cute succubi.
gotta handle very carefully
>Other
Lemon is real useful if abusing scissor blade (guilty as charged, perhaps tone down the armor restoration a bit, 50 is really high). Nurse upgrade melee still way too powerful in the same fashion. Noticed the office girl's K800Rod hits like a truck, and what the heck is the super shocker alt fire? Fuck you Plutonia for giving me only 4 gold threads and no BFG. 10/10 intermission screen addition I suspected that'd get one at some point, and for fixing the staff roll too.
The lemon is very rare so use it wisely and the alt of the shocker is a paper weight
Found a glitch (or a reference that i don't get)
If you lose the upgraded schoolgirl outfit you repeatedly lose the outfit causing thread to go everywhere and several overlapping voice lines.
You can't pick up another outfit but you can pick up scrap.
Picking up scrap stops the voice lines and thread, but doesn't actually give you any armor.
The weapons behave normally except the bfg which does nothing.
Using the voidsphere alt will start the voice line thread thing again.
Huh? Can you recreate this glitch and tell me if you had other mods/wads loaded with it?
This doesnt really sound like normal behavior
fakemai

Post by fakemai »

Just a heads up that I am actually going to try fixing the armor stuff now I've a fresh version to start from and had a bit of a play with it. It shouldn't require major restructuring but are you likely to be doing heavy changes over the next couple of days? Presently, it's at the hilarious state where she gets an armor value set but gets destroyed in one hit like Ghouls 'n Ghosts, but I think I know what's missing. Anyway I'll keep at it and see.

@Alphapotato33
Also couldn't reproduce that, no matter how I tried to force-remove it. Was it reliable in your case or a once-off, and what GZDoom are you using?
MisterPhantom

Post by MisterPhantom »

what do I use to play this game, I'm using ZDL and Gzdoom, I keep getting this error

Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

fakemai wrote:Just a heads up that I am actually going to try fixing the armor stuff now I've a fresh version to start from and had a bit of a play with it. It shouldn't require major restructuring but are you likely to be doing heavy changes over the next couple of days? Presently, it's at the hilarious state where she gets an armor value set but gets destroyed in one hit like Ghouls 'n Ghosts, but I think I know what's missing. Anyway I'll keep at it and see.
Well I am not currently working on anything related to the armors in the mod, so if you do come up with something, do send me a message with it and I'll take a looksie
what do I use to play this game, I'm using ZDL and Gzdoom, I keep getting this error
Update your gzdoom
Alphapotato33
Location: here... maybe, actually probably not, im usually over there.

Post by Alphapotato33 »

right
i figured it out
it has nothing to do with the particular outfit you have. it was because i had infinite inventory on.
i should probably mention that i lost the outfit with damage,not by stripping.
SlavGod

Post by SlavGod »

for some reason i cant run any higher then v1.2 version.
1.2 or lower works like a charm but higher then 1.2 or newer just say zip file corrupt
am i doing something wrong?
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

for some reason i cant run any higher then v1.2 version.
1.2 or lower works like a charm but higher then 1.2 or newer just say zip file corrupt
am i doing something wrong?
..That's odd. Tried renaming the file?
That's all I can think of at the moment for what could be issue causing

Now for a teaser;
Spoiler:
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Now she looks definitely Evheeeeel! :twisted:
Regios

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.50 [Shopping Day]

Post by Regios »

fakemai wrote:
Spoiler:
I don't care about being spoiled! Please tell me, how do you get that? I've been trying, but I'm unable to do it!

If you don't want anyone else to know, you can just say it over a private message, I don't mind. I'm just desperate and need to know! ;_;
Hege Cactus wrote:Now for a teaser;
Spoiler:
Is that another upgrade for my favorite outfit?

It looks like another upgrade for my favorite outfit!

The hype is real!
Sasha_The_Lynx
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Sasha_The_Lynx »

Hege Cactus wrote: Now for a teaser;
Spoiler:
Oh my, some new teaser i see that looks really interesting :3
The gun looks like it is the starter pistol that gotten some, devilish upgrade hehe, but im defintly excited for the next update.
fakemai

Post by fakemai »

Regios wrote:I don't care about being spoiled! Please tell me, how do you get that? I've been trying, but I'm unable to do it!
I didn't want to the instant the feature was added that's all.
Spoiler:
Regios wrote:Is that another upgrade for my favorite outfit?
I actually don't recognize the teaser, what's your assumption it upgrades? Personally I'm really waiting to see what the wedding dress upgrade is.
Sasha_The_Lynx
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Sasha_The_Lynx »

fakemai wrote:
Regios wrote:I don't care about being spoiled! Please tell me, how do you get that? I've been trying, but I'm unable to do it!
I didn't want to the instant the feature was added that's all.
Spoiler:
I knew i was on the right track! I mentioned before that i found an item that i suspected was for this secret outfit. I definlty will contiue my hunt til i find em all.
chaoseclipse01

Post by chaoseclipse01 »

I'm curious, have you considered maybe adding a tutorial map for players to access that has all the items present so that players can try each outfit (With about 10 of each armor, 10 of each inventory item, 10 of each weapon, a button to summon backpacks and shopping bags, and a shooting range with a button to spawn random monsters) so players can get an idea of which armor they like best with each specific weapon? I imagine you could add it as part of the mod as its own separate episode so it won't conflict with any level wads.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”