La Tailor Girl v1.89 Plain Black [updated march 18 2023]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Tesculpture

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.45a [PDA Dress Order]

Post by Tesculpture »

Hege Cactus wrote: I can add those counters on the hud if there's more need for it.
What would be useful to have on the hud is more info relating to costume's unique attacks; for example:
-a cooldown timer for the Hazmat Suit's place-a-barrel ability
-a charge-up indicator for the firehose attack of the Sukumizu empowered Pew Pew Rifle (shows how soon the increased damage/ammo consumption will kick in)
-a "clip counter" for the Tactical Suit empowered K800 Plasma Rod that shows how many more rapid shots you can fire before the "reload" kicks in

Just wondering; do you have any plans for:
-Heretic/Hexen compatiblity?
-Expanding on the whole "Smart Launcher has power of speech" thing? I can totally picture a Wheatley style running commentary on what you're wearing, what you've just picked up, what action you're taking, etc.
DoomMakerPL

Post by DoomMakerPL »

Great work, quickly became one of my top 15 favourites. Kinda reminds me of a very (and I mean VERY) obscure arena shooter called Wickland. You had "mutations" which gave you armor and a weapon, once the armor for a gun was gone, you lost the gun as well. Also, what does "not yet upgradable" mean? That the upgrade will be added in a future update or that I have to perform a specific action to be allowed to upgrade?
Apteral10

Post by Apteral10 »

DoomMakerPL wrote:Great work, quickly became one of my top 15 favourites. Kinda reminds me of a very (and I mean VERY) obscure arena shooter called Wickland. You had "mutations" which gave you armor and a weapon, once the armor for a gun was gone, you lost the gun as well. Also, what does "not yet upgradable" mean? That the upgrade will be added in a future update or that I have to perform a specific action to be allowed to upgrade?
The outfit that has this message on the PDA are not yet upgradable. They will have upgraded versions in the future versions of the mod.
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

What would be useful to have on the hud is more info relating to costume's unique attacks; for example:
-a cooldown timer for the Hazmat Suit's place-a-barrel ability
-a charge-up indicator for the firehose attack of the Sukumizu empowered Pew Pew Rifle (shows how soon the increased damage/ammo consumption will kick in)
-a "clip counter" for the Tactical Suit empowered K800 Plasma Rod that shows how many more rapid shots you can fire before the "reload" kicks in

Just wondering; do you have any plans for:
-Heretic/Hexen compatiblity?
-Expanding on the whole "Smart Launcher has power of speech" thing? I can totally picture a Wheatley style running commentary on what you're wearing, what you've just picked up, what action you're taking, etc.
if I had this hud done on Zscript Id add those 3 in, but I am still using old sbarinfo, I am planning to make the barrel thing into something else at some point tho.

No heretic/hexen compat planned, as cool as it would be, would get hectic
Great work, quickly became one of my top 15 favourites. Kinda reminds me of a very (and I mean VERY) obscure arena shooter called Wickland. You had "mutations" which gave you armor and a weapon, once the armor for a gun was gone, you lost the gun as well. Also, what does "not yet upgradable" mean? That the upgrade will be added in a future update or that I have to perform a specific action to be allowed to upgrade?
Means its not yet upgradeable, gotta wait to another future update.

But now, its time to release 1.50

La tailor girl 1.50!

What's new?

The shopping bag spawn rate is upped a little as there's now new items and toys!
These items range from small buttons to wine bottles to more interesting threads.

Strings Of Life
You will have a counter of strings of life where the sphere and sewing kits were, these fibers are gained from loss of proper clothing and shopping bags
What do you use em for? Well for now, the powerful clothing's special fires on certain weapons. Not many outfits use these tho, yet. Some do tho

Two new outfits!
The labcoat! A nice white clean coat for those who want to start a collection of vials with buffs
Tho maybe that is just a bonus
And a more godly outfit is also unlock-able if you gather certain items enough..

Two new upgrades!
Nurse outfit can now be upgraded to a more.. lovely take on healing
Ninja outfit upgrade got a bit of donut steel

+ Lot of other small tweaks to balance and the like

Full change log;
Spoiler:
4thcharacter

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.50 [Shopping Day]

Post by 4thcharacter »

Yees and this weekend is the time to try to thoroughly try this.

also, you're a mod now?
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

4thcharacter wrote:Yees and this weekend is the time to try to thoroughly try this.

also, you're a mod now?
There's gonna be a lot of stuff this weekend I hear

and yeah
Midnight_King

Post by Midnight_King »

This mod was good enough that I created an account to thank you for making it.

Anyone looking for a good map to use this with should consider viewtopic.php?f=42&t=49163
Sasha_The_Lynx
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Sasha_The_Lynx »

-Gasp- A new update on my fave mod!? Omg i gotta download this and give it a run.
An update of this mod is like a holiday, always exciting hehe

I make an edit to this post with a spoiler tag to document my experience and how i think about them.
Also, waht made me smile was the added *huh?* sound Diana makes when pressing the use key on a wall, its so cute.

Edit: Okay, after having some fun with this mod, here are a few things to note. Check the spoiler tag
Spoiler:
Overall, im really happy i found this mod and the frequent updates makes me a happy little lynx.
Last edited by Sasha_The_Lynx on Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
darkshark3

Post by darkshark3 »

This mod is awesome, having a blast with the different outfits. The upgraded default clothes with the dual pistols is a particular favorite of mine. For a soundtrack I went and made a file with a mix of Kill la Kill and Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt music. Both the climactic KLK ost and bumpin beats from the PSG ost work super well.
And I also made an account today just to say that this mod is awesome.
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by fakemai »

Took the update for a spin most of the way through Plutonia, and part of Doom 2. I don't think anything will ever trump the cat maid update but this sure tried.

Firstly, I love the new quit messages, that was definitely a needed touch. I also like some of the new voice stuff, but some clips need to be re-done because they are noticeably inconsistent with the rest and it really hurts.

Still this bug. It's just a matter of replacing a couple of sprites isn't it?

Now spoilerific comments, some are heavy so fair warning to any forum regulars.
Spoiler:
EDIT2+3: Additional bits and pieces. HEAVY SPOILER WARNING!
Spoiler:
Last edited by fakemai on Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gollgagh

Post by Gollgagh »

fakemai wrote:Still this bug. It's just a matter of replacing a couple of sprites isn't it?]
The cast call would have to be rewritten in MAPINFO to use TailorPlayer, I believe, using something like this.
Apteral10

Post by Apteral10 »

So far haven't had any problems. The upgraded nurse outfit is nice and maid outfit upgrade good stuff too.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

So Nudist Beach is basically a "hard mode", it looks like.
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by fakemai »

Had a serious look into a couple of bugs that I've been whining about, extremely heavy spoilers.
Spoiler:
AvzinElkein wrote:So Nudist Beach is basically a "hard mode", it looks like.
Unfun. Funny animations though.
Apteral10

Post by Apteral10 »

Makes me wonder what Hege has in store for us. Although it seems that this is quite busy.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”