La Tailor Girl v1.89 Plain Black [updated march 18 2023]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
PlayerLin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Re: La Tailor Girl [Early Beta]

Post by PlayerLin »

I like the idea, and it plays fun, lol so hard when see INTERPIC2 and INTERPIC4. :lol:

I feel like the damage flashing should be still enabled when wearing armor, but maybe can toned down...because I keep forgot check the armor value and always too late when I see screen flashing and poor Daina's health just went to 0... :3:
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Really want to play this but my PC's still dead.
HorrorMovieGuy wrote:Playing this together with HDoom has been quite an educational experience.
And I really want to do this.
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

Oh my glad to see people like this
oh, what does the ovum do, i didn't see it if the mod told me
The fiber orb thing goes to your inventory and its usable there, its basically carry-able fix it pack
It'll have its own bind button cause it seems to be bit buggy
I feel like the damage flashing should be still enabled when wearing armor, but maybe can toned down...because I keep forgot check the armor value and always too late when I see screen flashing and poor Daina's health just went to 0... :3:
I honestly speaking dont know why it doesnt flash, it would really help if it could flash, I agree there.
I am kinda tempted to try make a script that warns when armor gets low if I cant figure how to get flashing back
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

Update!

Major changes;
A new gun! 30% chance to spawn in place of the cool gun is the scrappergun, the box of hurt.
Use the alt to feed it more, or dont. Works eitherway! Be careful not to overload.
Maid outfit now has a knive melee
Void sphere buffed
and plasmagun replacement the super shocker has new sprite set.

no new outfits yet
Hege Cactus

Re: La Tailor Girl [Early Beta] extra gun

Post by Hege Cactus »

Bigger Update!

Edit: There was major wonkiness due of oversight on the version upped when this was posted, the file has been reupped and the problems fixed with it, so if you downloaded the version when this edit wasnt in, i recommend redowloading so you didnt get the bugged version

- New outfit;
The Nurse Outfit!
You take 20% more damage from all expect melee where you actually gain small resistance
But with this armor, you can repair it up to 999 if you get the material.
Currently it has no other enchantments, but it will in the future

Other major change is that if a weapon gets enchantment, it will sparkle a little.
This should help a lot to tell when something is effected

And final big one is that box of hurt is nerfed, cause it was one shotting barons with its main fire without extra charge which is pretty damn OP.
Now its more reasonable, but still powerful.

Other changes such as new armor effects;
Spoiler:
Shade

Re: La Tailor Girl [Early Beta] Healing

Post by Shade »

Made an account just to show my support for this project (though I hope I'll be active in the future as well, of course). I really love the aesthetic and vibe it has, like an anime or game that shows gratuitous of skin, but still has a lot of genuine charm. And of course, the gameplay changes are unique and very fun as well. I'm going to be busy for a few days, but I hope I can offer some valuable feedback for future releases, and I'm really excited to see where this will go. Thanks so much for making it! :wub:
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Ooooh my, sugoooi! You know, this mod is obviously getting better during the update. And only one character i'm expecting is Android/Idol Girl- Oh, also i'm playing this right now, too.
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

Hege Cactus wrote:Currently it has no other enchantments, but it will in the future
Just for lulz, can you give a chance of fear from the monsters? because nothing is scarier than a nurse with a needle with that kind of face, she's either really kind or just disarming you for where she's gonna stick that needle.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Alrighty, lad! I've got some suggestions and gripes to tell what i felt after playing this game. It's really clever to change your clothes with different specs and go moppet-berserk!
Spoiler: click 'ere
And that's it! Interesting, cute, clever and kawaii mod overall! Can't wait for the next update.
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

Shade wrote:Made an account just to show my support for this project (though I hope I'll be active in the future as well, of course). I really love the aesthetic and vibe it has, like an anime or game that shows gratuitous of skin, but still has a lot of genuine charm. And of course, the gameplay changes are unique and very fun as well. I'm going to be busy for a few days, but I hope I can offer some valuable feedback for future releases, and I'm really excited to see where this will go. Thanks so much for making it! :wub:
\o/
feedback is always welcome, so ill look forward to it
Just for lulz, can you give a chance of fear from the monsters? because nothing is scarier than a nurse with a needle with that kind of face, she's either really kind or just disarming you for where she's gonna stick that needle.
Heh, a cute idea. Ill put that down as maybe-
Alrighty, lad! I've got some suggestions and gripes to tell what i felt after playing this game. It's really clever to change your clothes with different specs and go moppet-berserk!
Oh myy this was a lot of feedback, heres some replying;
Spoiler:
For the next update, there will be a new outfit in town, a little video game reference.

There will also be more effects obviously and other fixes
Spoiler:
Last edited by wildweasel on Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Screenshot is too large, have shrunk in accordance with the Image Posting Rules.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Hoh my, thanks for tons of kind reply! And about the ammo pickup sound problem, Clip, Clipbox and Shellbox doesn't play the sound. Trust me, they don't!
SimonTheDigger

Post by SimonTheDigger »

I really like this mod. I seriously wonder why this kind of armor system hadn't been implemented before (DRLA something similar but it was kind of rare and mostly confined to armor + boot set bonuses)

Question/bug report: Is the maid outfit supposed to overheal to 999 like the nurse outfit? Because for me it does. EDIT: The maid outfit can actually overheal past 999 - I had 999 armor but was still able to pick up fabric items, and during a run-in with an imp I noticed that even after 4 or 5 hits the armor counter still said 999 (it did eventually start to drop though).
Idea: Maybe the nurse outfit could have an enhanced melee too? Possibly using some kind of medical tool (scalpel/bonesaw/syringe/etc.) I haven't found every armor but I haven't yet seen one that gives a straight enhanced "chainsaw"-style melee attack, just ones that give free projectile attacks.
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

Captain J wrote:Hoh my, thanks for tons of kind reply! And about the ammo pickup sound problem, Clip, Clipbox and Shellbox doesn't play the sound. Trust me, they don't!
well I went all quiet and test it and yeah, you're right!
Agh! Need to figure a good sound.
I really like this mod. I seriously wonder why this kind of armor system hadn't been implemented before (DRLA something similar but it was kind of rare and mostly confined to armor + boot set bonuses)

Question/bug report: Is the maid outfit supposed to overheal to 999 like the nurse outfit? Because for me it does. EDIT: The maid outfit can actually overheal past 999 - I had 999 armor but was still able to pick up fabric items, and during a run-in with an imp I noticed that even after 4 or 5 hits the armor counter still said 999 (it did eventually start to drop though).
Idea: Maybe the nurse outfit could have an enhanced melee too? Possibly using some kind of medical tool (scalpel/bonesaw/syringe/etc.) I haven't found every armor but I haven't yet seen one that gives a straight enhanced "chainsaw"-style melee attack, just ones that give free projectile attacks.
Glad to know you like it!

And no, its not. For some odd reason if you have used nurse outfit once the other armors that have similiar pick up specials start to behave like it, I have no idea why it does that, I think the basicarmorbonus thing gets confused if it once is allows to go 999. I have a fix in the works for this issue tho.
And I have melee planned for the nurse outfit! And yeah, no chainsaw yet, I havent figured what armor to give that style of melee yet
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

Alrighty, since the last version had a lot of big issues I rushed a bit to push this one out, but regardless, it should fix a lot of stuff

Big changes;

-New rare armor! Too bad the main character aint blonde to fit in it better
-New item! Sewing kit! Reroll your armor or make new ones, handy to have around.
-Nerfed the scrappergun, again. the residue projectiles should now be way less damaging and thus the main damage comes from the pellets.

all changes;
Spoiler:
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Hege Cactus wrote:Bigger Update!

Edit: There was major wonkiness due of oversight on the version upped when this was posted, the file has been reupped and the problems fixed with it, so if you downloaded the version when this edit wasnt in, i recommend redowloading so you didnt get the bugged version

- New outfit;
The Nurse Outfit!
You take 20% more damage from all expect melee where you actually gain small resistance
But with this armor, you can repair it up to 999 if you get the material.
Currently it has no other enchantments, but it will in the future

Damn, this looks really good! And I mean that in a way.

Still, it makes me wonder why the hell do you get a melee resistance with this outfit.

Also, that new rare outfit, I really want to see it. I might try to play this and borrow a PC from a friend of mine just to see this mod in all it's glory.

also someone should make a fully complete, and compatible hdoom patch with this mod heh

Return to “Gameplay Mods”