La Tailor Girl v1.89 Plain Black [updated march 18 2023]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Hege Cactus

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.68.99 [informative]

Post by Hege Cactus »

H..H-Doom detection?! Do I even want to ask?
dont worry about it
By curiosity i went into the Read This option and saw there are changes. I gotta say, the art done there is so cute lol.
And they also showcase about the gameplay both for Diana and Sewie for new players.
thats the idea
RabbitCuddle wrote:Just a little accident...
Spoiler:
now how did you manage that if I may ask?
Cause that seems bizarre
Sasha_The_Lynx
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Sasha_The_Lynx »

RabbitCuddle wrote:Just a little accident...
Spoiler:
You have created a monster! A, very cute monster.

Based on my experience, i think you tried to give yourself different clothing via the console commands? I tried that once and ended up creating similar results, unless you discovered something new.

Also, i first thought that thing to the right was a burned baguette lol.
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by fakemai »

Been waiting a while to see those two upgrades, I'll be jumping on this shortly!
Hege Cactus wrote:Actually no, Sewie had it first, its one of those shared primary fires
Eh? The office lady has existed waaay before Sewie, and with Daina the K800 primary shoots out deadly wads of paper or something like that. Sewie OL has cowgirl's K800 primary which seemed odd.
ValadaEW wrote:H..H-Doom detection?! Do I even want to ask?
Sadly it ain't as spectacular as abort_m + Brutal Doom, but it's pretty cute. Attached mod simulates H-Doom's presence if you want to see what happens.
Attachments
c-doom.pk3
doom_(game) rating:safe
(218 Bytes) Downloaded 166 times
Sasha_The_Lynx

Post by Sasha_The_Lynx »

fakemai wrote:Been waiting a while to see those two upgrades, I'll be jumping on this shortly!
Hege Cactus wrote:Actually no, Sewie had it first, its one of those shared primary fires
Eh? The office lady has existed waaay before Sewie, and with Daina the K800 primary shoots out deadly wads of paper or something like that. Sewie OL has cowgirl's K800 primary which seemed odd.
ValadaEW wrote:H..H-Doom detection?! Do I even want to ask?
Sadly it ain't as spectacular as abort_m + Brutal Doom, but it's pretty cute. Attached mod simulates H-Doom's presence if you want to see what happens.
Since you mentioned the word cute, it made me curious and gave that, i guess you can call a simluation mod or a key to start a specific script, a try and what do you know? Starting a mission and you get greeted by sewie being all *Nah ah you didnt'' kind of vibe to it hehe.
Its honestly really clever and adorable. But from a technical standpoint, im curious on how that works, like if the mod looks for a certain line of code or file maybe.
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

It just looks for the presence of a certain actor native to hdoom, and runs a script if it's found. I believe the brutal detection stuff works in a similar fashion.
The only thing that "c-doom.pk3" does is add a dummy actor with the name of the one being looked for.
Apteral10

Post by Apteral10 »

So far only pattern I found from new thing that appears randomly on the floor looking like paper waste is the Fire bikini. It must be quite rare to get the outfit the person who posted the picture to get. I still need to explore the upgraded office outfit and wedding dress when I find time to play this mod. Have been in to Anno 1404 for a while now and playing it while going around in the internet. What comes on any bugs. I haven't seen or discovered any so far.
Glam Stachee

Post by Glam Stachee »

Is there any fitting monster mod to go along with this mod? I mean the default DooM monsters just don't fit in with the theme well.
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

fakemai

Post by fakemai »

Some comments time. I'll try Sewie for a bit later on.
Spoiler:
Somagu wrote:Sure is.
It's a good mod, but I doubt reskinned and deadlier Doom monsters is his want. Sadly there's a dearth of monster mods to pair with weapon/gameplay ones.
Glam Stachee

Post by Glam Stachee »

fakemai wrote:Some comments time. I'll try Sewie for a bit later on.
Spoiler:
It's a good mod, but I doubt reskinned and deadlier Doom monsters is his want. Sadly there's a dearth of monster mods to pair with weapon/gameplay ones.
I mean I don't mind more difficulty, this mod is really a bit too easy even on the highest difficulty.
Sasha_The_Lynx

Post by Sasha_The_Lynx »

Glam Stachee wrote:
fakemai wrote:Some comments time. I'll try Sewie for a bit later on.
Spoiler:
I mean I don't mind more difficulty, this mod is really a bit too easy even on the highest difficulty.
You can try the Kriegsland Enemies only mod. Last time i tried it it worked nicely and it gives a fair challange (Altough they still drop their respective health drop that goes past Diana and Sewie's original health. But that gained health does not regen unless its below 33).
Glam Stachee

Post by Glam Stachee »

Sasha_The_Lynx wrote:
You can try the Kriegsland Enemies only mod. Last time i tried it it worked nicely and it gives a fair challange (Altough they still drop their respective health drop that goes past Diana and Sewie's original health. But that gained health does not regen unless its below 33).
It's actually the first mod I tried, but doesn't really fit in all that well still.

Well maybe I'll just learn sprite work and edit the default enemies myself, who knows.
Sasha_The_Lynx

Post by Sasha_The_Lynx »

Glam Stachee wrote:
Sasha_The_Lynx wrote:
It's actually the first mod I tried, but doesn't really fit in all that well still.

Well maybe I'll just learn sprite work and edit the default enemies myself, who knows.
Its waht i love about modding, to make it as unfitting as possible in alot of instances. The Kriegsland Enemies clearly was meant for the Kriegsland's weapons and actors, altough i can totaly appricaite the time these authors put into these mods to make them seperate. La Tailor Girl does work with Unloved, i think anyways since i last tested it.
There are some other similar mods but you need to make some edits to teh mod if the said mod comes with a custom actor that chagnes the main one.
Tesculpture

Post by Tesculpture »

I've noticed that, with the advanced chasecam, the "Reorient on fire" and "Autoaim at nearest enemy" options do not work properly with the K800 Plasma Rod. Pulling the trigger with the plasma rod will result in your first shot going wherever you character was facing at the time, and only after that will reorientation towards your point of aim/the nearest foe take place. The Coolgun's altfire and the Shocker's primary fire have the same problem, but due to their rapid fire nature, it's less of an issue. All the other guns correctly fire only after reorientation has occurred.
fakemai

Post by fakemai »

A few more remarks.
Spoiler:
Tesculpture wrote:I've noticed that, with the advanced chasecam, the "Reorient on fire" and "Autoaim at nearest enemy" options do not work properly with the K800 Plasma Rod.
I missed that the thing got overhauled to auto-lock, which is actually fun to use once in a while. You're definitely right that's a little sporadic, but the chasecam scripts were done by others. I believe Marisa Kirisame did the current one.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”