La Tailor Girl v1.89 Plain Black [updated march 18 2023]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Nems
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.70H + Public Beta[#2]

Post by Nems »

ayy I'll give this a run first chance I get. <3

Any levels or other mods specifically you'd like me to test this with or is anything good to go?
Darkboy

Post by Darkboy »

In regards to the advanced chasecam that's included in the mod. what would you recommend in terms of settings?
skdursh

Post by skdursh »

I just tried this mod for the first time today as I'd be avoiding it for a while as I wasn't personally too sure about all the fan-service stuff, but holy shit I must say the variation and gunplay in this mod is just phenomenal. I never thought I'd enjoy this as much as I am and I encourage anyone else who might be on the fence to give it a try as well. This has quickly climbed near the top of the list of my favorite weapons mods.
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

Nems wrote:ayy I'll give this a run first chance I get. <3

Any levels or other mods specifically you'd like me to test this with or is anything good to go?
Up to you, but I can recommend that city style levels fit well.
In regards to the advanced chasecam that's included in the mod. what would you recommend in terms of settings?
That\s up to preference, I personally like to make them a bit distant, tho Ive heard making the camera over the shoulder styled works pretty nice too
I just tried this mod for the first time today as I'd be avoiding it for a while as I wasn't personally too sure about all the fan-service stuff, but holy shit I must say the variation and gunplay in this mod is just phenomenal. I never thought I'd enjoy this as much as I am and I encourage anyone else who might be on the fence to give it a try as well. This has quickly climbed near the top of the list of my favorite weapons mods.
Glad to know you like it
Nems

Post by Nems »

So I've been playing this with Kriegsland monsters and Fragport as Nari and so far I'm having an absolute blast! I did notice something regarding the radsuit pickups though. Was it intentional to shorten their duration compared to vanilla Doom radsuit pickups? While this hasn't been a problem yet (especially since traversing hurt floors in LTG eats through armor first) I did find it odd and I didn't know if this was intentional or a bug.
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

Nems wrote:So I've been playing this with Kriegsland monsters and Fragport as Nari and so far I'm having an absolute blast! I did notice something regarding the radsuit pickups though. Was it intentional to shorten their duration compared to vanilla Doom radsuit pickups? While this hasn't been a problem yet (especially since traversing hurt floors in LTG eats through armor first) I did find it odd and I didn't know if this was intentional or a bug.
Yeah it is, mostly cause you also get a 30 second useable whenever one when you pick them up as Sewie or Nari
Nems

Post by Nems »

Hege Cactus wrote:
Nems wrote:So I've been playing this with Kriegsland monsters and Fragport as Nari and so far I'm having an absolute blast! I did notice something regarding the radsuit pickups though. Was it intentional to shorten their duration compared to vanilla Doom radsuit pickups? While this hasn't been a problem yet (especially since traversing hurt floors in LTG eats through armor first) I did find it odd and I didn't know if this was intentional or a bug.
Yeah it is, mostly cause you also get a 30 second useable whenever one when you pick them up as Sewie or Nari
Gotcha. I noticed that they were also carryable inventory items after I posted that and I forgot to edit my post to indicate that I made that discovery. Oops. :p
NTSM
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by NTSM »

What bothers me a little about this mod, is the fact that I almost never reach the 100% items.
If I put on new clothes all the time, and have to throw away the last one, that's annoying.
But otherwise I find the mod just wonderful and funny. ^^
In itself a brilliant idea. :D
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

Time for another Beta

Skykini Beta
Download

In this beta, Nari is more refined further, Sewie has gotten some tweaks and so has Daina, in general there are lot of balance changes

Big changes;
-New outfit; Skybikini
Skybikini currently is mostly ready on Daina, mostly ready on Sewie and on Nari; its melee + bow are ready but other weapons still lacking
This outfits gimmick is its low gravity and control of it, on all characters, you can tweak the gravity strength with reload on melee
Also jumping and using meelee with all character has their own smash down move if you have enough height from the ground

-Super Shocker Alt change;
In general, the alt fire of super shocker is halved but it is now 100% sure stun if its not already enchanted. If an outfit did not have special reload before, it will now have a shocker specific reload that will cause the shocker to deal double damage for short while, this can be combined with all other alt fires that are enchanted for interesting effects.

-Nari has her own Shiver's power armor mode now
Its a fun one

-Clothing patterns are now more common

Changes so far in more detail;
Spoiler:
MPN

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.70H + Public Beta[#3]

Post by MPN »

Good to hear that this continues. :D
Hege Cactus

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.70+beta

Post by Hege Cactus »

Okay, so from this point onwards, I am just gonna release these releases as I go even if they are in "beta" stage, which means there will be WIP elements,
It's been a big pain with the changes between the beta and the normal releases with it not working and the beta being the version that works, so I figured to just put it all in one and release these beta versions from now as main releases until I get all the stuff done.

So from now on, expect more updates even if they are not the most polished ones.

Without further a do;
Tailor girl 1.75B
Download

Big changes between the last beta and this;
- Headbutt from shivers and sheep can now cause stunning version: (Daina)
- Updated the corn rocket from cyber armor to pop properly
- Fixed firekini rifle alt leaning right all the time
- changed nari's double firekini synergy
- MMO armor can now be fixed (the hard way) but the upgrade cannot
- Gave mmo armor few more new toys
- Remade the barrel toss on hazmat suit
The hud has also been tweaked to be bit more prettier. Remember that you can change the position of the ammo counter in the hud from the options

Currently as I go, I aim to polish older outfits as I go with the sprite remake for Daina, there is lot of wonky and outright terrible functions and graphics works in there that really show their outdatenessness .
Character refining and re allocating their abilities is also on the works, as it is the descriptions for em aren't the most accurate

For now, enjoy the release and the oncoming ones.

Now for the whole big change log FROM 1.7H to 1.75B;
Spoiler:
skdursh

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.75B

Post by skdursh »

Awesome, really glad to see an update. This is probably my favorite gameplay mod that doesn't really fit the canon aesthetic of Doom.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Dunno if bug, but it's impossible to get 100% items in La Tailor Girl.
Someonewhoplaysdoom

Post by Someonewhoplaysdoom »

AvzinElkein wrote:Dunno if bug, but it's impossible to get 100% items in La Tailor Girl.
Hi' for the time I played this mod, somethimes that happens because its incredibly difficult to take all the items that could spam on a map. Take on consideration that the oufits counts as individual items, as well as some consumables that you can encounter like the Scraps Orb, the Tailor box and the Wine, among others.

If you want to get 100% items while playing La Tailor Girl, you will need to find and put each oufit on the levels, as well to get all the consumables, and some of them have a small limit to carry (you can only have two Scrap orbs, and only one Wine bottle for example). Its posible, but its really difficult and unnecesary.
zm5

Post by zm5 »

Loving this mod, though I do also wish there was a fitting monster randomizer to go along with it - CH stuff keeps destroying me (abyss monsters in particular).

Has to be asked - what's the full artwork for the new console background?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”