La Tailor Girl v1.89 Plain Black [updated march 18 2023]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Hege Cactus

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.34 [risque]

Post by Hege Cactus »

Apteral10 wrote:That new HUD looks neat. Did you consider what I said about the default outfit though? I think right now... It is somewhat okay but compared to others it is somewhat underwhelming but I think best way to fix that would be introduce 3rd stage the outfit the X bikini also somewhat underwhelming but minor buffs will correct that. I have a suggestion for the upgraded version of the arctic suit that it changes the handgun in to a freeze thrower. You know weapon like Duke Nukem 3D freeze thrower (The classic Duke Nukem game) and Overwatch Mei's weapon or something between those two.
3rd stage upgrade is something I have been considering but unsure about
I might do some sort of mini upgrade or something for third stage that doesnt do as dramatic but still something small, idk.
Not a big fan of the duplicated item, personally. I'd rather have some kind of highlight or contouring. The ammo one was better on the left, because the opaque part should always be as far as possible from the centre.
Sorry for being annoying, haha.
Eh, the dublicate item might go, Not yet sure on it, tho I like the mini icons for showing what you have currently.
It looked better on this side

So I decided to go with this for the ammo counter;
Spoiler:
PlayerLin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Post by PlayerLin »

Just make sure the new HUD won't looks like shit in 800x600 or other non-widescreen resolution.

:P
Dolus

Post by Dolus »

This is the first Doom mod I've tried playing is close to a decade... Could someone refresh my memory how to bind the keys for this? :oops:
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

I feel like if you move it to the right side, having the grey/silver box be on the right side rather than the left would help it aesthetically. I do enjoy separating things from the top left corner for the same reason as you though, so i like the options.

as for the selected item, might i recommend having the two items have the same size and design (like you originally had) but having a "border" icon that toggled between which item is currently selected, similar to how the original inventory bar works? you could actually even use the default one and position it to be 2 wide and overlap where they are currently placed if scripting it separately would be too much of a hassle.
Last edited by Ryuhi on Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apteral10

Post by Apteral10 »

Dolus wrote:This is the first Doom mod I've tried playing is close to a decade... Could someone refresh my memory how to bind the keys for this? :oops:
Main menu > Options > Customize controls.
Dolus

Post by Dolus »

Dolus wrote:This is the first Doom mod I've tried playing is close to a decade... Could someone refresh my memory how to bind the keys for this? :oops:
Main menu > Options > Customize controls.[/quote]
Thanks. For some reason I thought you had to use the commandline for mod specific commands.
Apteral10

Post by Apteral10 »

Just wondering... Just tell us that how many outfit ideas you have. Do not describe them because we want to find them out ourselves very likely. Basically a number. Depending on other people who play the mod. I would encourage stepping outside of familiar clothing.
Sasha_The_Lynx
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Sasha_The_Lynx »

(For my first comment on the forums, a little review and feedback on my experience of this wonderful mod. Could be the wrong way to post it but, any Moderator may do whats needed incase i did something wrong).
I always loved Doom ever since it came out, altough i never owned a copy until 2006 (I did try it out over at a friend's house way back), then the demon slaughter began once more.

But one thing i loved alot was mods ofcorse. I tried all kinds of mods for Doom, ranging from the MW2 weapons mod, to Doom 3 gameplay mod, to the more bizzare mods such as Insanity and Mr Smiley's Doom 3 (I tihnk that was the name). But one thing that many of these mods lacked, was a adorable female protagonist, and thats where La Tailor Girl comes in. As one might expect, Icarus from Youtube was the one who let everyone knew of this mod's existance, and im grateful, becasue i never had as much fun with a mod before, and i love how that the mod doenst take itself serious. Just fun, cute and silly, but also very creative with the gameplay mechanic of the mod that goes to show how modular Doom really is, proving it practicly have no limits.

So for this post, i guess i can narrow it down with numbered feedback and what i love and what sort of bugs i experienced with other mods (Or waht mods it goes great with).
Check the spoiler tag for the full review (I put it in a spoiler tag so that it wont clutter newcommers or people reading this thread).
Spoiler:
So after that spoiler tag, i can safetly say that, you gotten a new fan. If you want something tested before public release, i can totaly sign up for it if needed to (To either test it casualy as is, or in combination of different mods or sitautions, such as multiplayer).

I think that be all and sorry for the tons of text, just wanted to tell how awesome it is.
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

PlayerLin wrote:Just make sure the new HUD won't looks like shit in 800x600 or other non-widescreen resolution.

:P
It's been through quite a lot of testing and has been holding out well.
I feel like if you move it to the right side, having the grey/silver box be on the right side rather than the left would help it aesthetically. I do enjoy separating things from the top left corner for the same reason as you though, so i like the options.

as for the selected item, might i recommend having the two items have the same size and design (like you originally had) but having a "border" icon that toggled between which item is currently selected, similar to how the original inventory bar works? you could actually even use the default one and position it to be 2 wide and overlap where they are currently placed if scripting it separately would be too much of a hassle.
Well there's three options for the ammo counter at the moment, so up preference.
the mini icons are for items that can have multiples (I have plans for multiple eggs, but not yet fully defined or implemented). I think the current system I have in the test build oughta work fine for the time being
Just wondering... Just tell us that how many outfit ideas you have. Do not describe them because we want to find them out ourselves very likely. Basically a number. Depending on other people who play the mod. I would encourage stepping outside of familiar clothing.
Uhhhh hard to nail a number there but there's atleast dozen at the moment.
I think that be all and sorry for the tons of text, just wanted to tell how awesome it is.
That's a lot of praise there! I'm happy to know this mod has provided as much fun to you as it has
Dont worry about art style, I have no intention to change it.
Nor do I plan to make this have any enemy stuff, this will stay playable with monster packs

In other news, I'd just like to let you all know that I'll be releasing the update during this week, there's basicly only testing and balancing left for now with the new outfits that are incoming.
Catarne

Post by Catarne »

Hey cactus, just made this account just to tell you as an enf fan that enjoy the work put into this mod. It's so great :3. (Also please consider a front chase cam and a way to move her arms~)
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

Baaa

Version 1.40 - Download

Its time for the update~

Major changes;

New outfit!

In sheeps clothing.
Rare outfit that gives you extreme melee resistance at the cost of fire resistance. But what are its effects on the guns? Well find that out yourself.

New upgrades!
3 outfits have received upgrade ability
The sukumizu, ol swimsuit can become very powerful indeed with the upgrade
the bunnygirl outfit can get extra rabbit with little wine
and last one is a secret~

New hud!
One size fits all, and you can now customize the position of the ammo counter to your likings.

Extra Carry
You can now carry 2 orbs and 5 sewing kits if you have a backpack.

And a lot more changes mostly to weapon balances and behaviors.

Full change log;
Spoiler:
Gollgagh

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.40 [baa]

Post by Gollgagh »

Good job with the HUD, looks great!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Cozy and Wooly update there- Also those are some good and nice changes.
Apteral10

Post by Apteral10 »

New HUD is great. However after running playing through Maps of Chaos once. I still haven't found the secret armor upgrade. I then decided to go through some item codes and started to question that did you accidentally give the thing very weirdly low chance to appear or is it there to begin with? Just wondering because one of those can happen to any mod creator. Won't blame you if it is the latter.

*Read the post below*

Hmm... I guess I need to play through again and see if I can find it.
Last edited by Apteral10 on Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sasha_The_Lynx
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Sasha_The_Lynx »

I love the update so far and i really enjoy the upgrades for the outfits you given as well (havent found the secret upgrade yet). The Sheep outfit is sooo cuuute!
My statement from before is the same, defintly one of the best mods ever and is my main mod to use. Who knows, maybe i make a fanart of this mod? If i get into the drawing spirit, but we defintly see!

Also, i did discover a bug, but its a bug taht you would NEVER experience during normal gameplay, so no need to patch it out unless you decide to add direct Give commands to the outfit. Trying to give or summon these outfit tokens as its called, and then take anotehr clothing that was on the level, you get 2 outfit images overflapping eachother ( i think thats the right word?). I dont know the rest of the effects, but i imagen things could go wonky.

That does give me an idea. Maybe it be cool if there was an ability for you to combine 2 different outfits to create a unique outfit with either combined special abilities, or a unique one, like maybe combining Fire Bikini with the Wedding dress to make it like, scorched and the rose peddles have flames on them, causing fire damage.

I dunno just some ideas really, but i imagen that this could be alot of programming to do, but i truly admire your hard work on this mod regardless. Keep the good work and keep suprise us with updates when you can!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”