La Tailor Girl v1.89 Plain Black [updated march 18 2023]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
AcidFlux

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.40 [baa]

Post by AcidFlux »

This is hilariously fun. Far more fun than I imagined it would be.
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by fakemai »

Chalk up another person who joined to comment on this. It's rare to see lewd ideas like these produce functional and fun gameplay so serious props to you for pulling it off, and producing something memorable in the humour and presentation too. I really love this and expect it'll be a mainstay in my Doom collection.

Anyway enough gushing, I'm mostly here to post bugs and comments, I generally only play with Doom 2 and Final Doom so any balance comments will be based on those. What do you primarily test against?
Spoiler:
Apteral10

Post by Apteral10 »

Hmm... Hege has been quiet for a while... I guess he/she is busy with work or something. Anyway.

I was just wondering if you play this in coop with somebody can the archvile if your partner has wedding outfit and has given ring to Archvile can this resurrect your coop partner who died?
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

... Nice theory, but i don't think so. Arch-Vile only can resurrect the monsters and NPCs. Players are different with that kind of mechanic. Or is it actually possible in game?
Apteral10

Post by Apteral10 »

Captain J wrote:... Nice theory, but i don't think so. Arch-Vile only can resurrect the monsters and NPCs. Players are different with that kind of mechanic. Or is it actually possible in game?
I don't know that is what I am wondering because that would actually be kinda cool. Although actually never mind I was just remembering incorrectly. The archviles do revive fallen enemies to be your allies though.
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

Captain J wrote:... Nice theory, but i don't think so. Arch-Vile only can resurrect the monsters and NPCs. Players are different with that kind of mechanic. Or is it actually possible in game?
https://zdoom.org/wiki/A_VileChase (superseded by the A_Chase flag CHF_RESURRECT)

"This function makes the calling actor advance on its target. The actor may enter an attack state (if it has one) at any time. If the calling actor comes into contact with a corpse, it will enter the “Heal” state (if one exists) and resurrect the actor in question (provided the actor being revived has a “Raise” state defined). "

So basically the actor needs a Raise state, and I believe there are a few other things it checks for like if the actor was crushed, that it is at the end of its death state (-1 Stop) and so on. That said, taken from the FRIENDLY actor flag...

" This monster doesn't target the player. Instead it attacks other monsters. Currently friendly monsters only target unfriendly monsters when they see the Player, and unfriendly monsters will never attack friendly monsters unless they are attacked first. Also note that monsters resurrected or spawned by friendly monsters (Arch-Vile, Pain Elementals, Icon of Sin, etc.) are friendly; and inversely a dead friendly monster resurrected by an unfriendly Arch-Vile is no longer friendly."

So... maybe? I feel it would ultimately boil down to player revival itself (which I know is a whole tricky situation, so not very likely.)

Actually, re-reading that, it would also have to create a possibility of the archvile "converting" the player to an enemy, so yeah it probably has safeguards to prevent it from even looking for player classes.
Apteral10

Post by Apteral10 »

Ryuhi wrote:
https://zdoom.org/wiki/A_VileChase (superseded by the A_Chase flag CHF_RESURRECT)

"This function makes the calling actor advance on its target. The actor may enter an attack state (if it has one) at any time. If the calling actor comes into contact with a corpse, it will enter the “Heal” state (if one exists) and resurrect the actor in question (provided the actor being revived has a “Raise” state defined). "

So basically the actor needs a Raise state, and I believe there are a few other things it checks for like if the actor was crushed, that it is at the end of its death state (-1 Stop) and so on. That said, taken from the FRIENDLY actor flag...

" This monster doesn't target the player. Instead it attacks other monsters. Currently friendly monsters only target unfriendly monsters when they see the Player, and unfriendly monsters will never attack friendly monsters unless they are attacked first. Also note that monsters resurrected or spawned by friendly monsters (Arch-Vile, Pain Elementals, Icon of Sin, etc.) are friendly; and inversely a dead friendly monster resurrected by an unfriendly Arch-Vile is no longer friendly."

So... maybe? I feel it would ultimately boil down to player revival itself (which I know is a whole tricky situation, so not very likely.)

Actually, re-reading that, it would also have to create a possibility of the archvile "converting" the player to an enemy, so yeah it probably has safeguards to prevent it from even looking for player classes.
Wouldn't be cool that friendly Archvile would revive a team mate though?
fakemai

Post by fakemai »

As far as balance goes I'm reconsidering a bit and think it's fine to have some be powerful as long as they're hard to get, and force you to play as a glass cannon or switch when too damaged (like most do but there are a few exceptions). Also because I tried it with Plutonia where it's a lot more fitting to the higher difficulty, and Colourful Hell as per someone earlier in the thread which is darn fun for the higher tier enemies and random outfit drops, at least with the black/white ones turned off.

Additional things I noticed (spoilers of course).

Spoiler:
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

Glad to know people are finding this fun, it always makes me all warm inside to know fun is being had with it.
I am getting closer to another release slowly but surely as Ive been tweaking around with some silly stuff
Mostly, I just need to wrap up some more graphics for the next release, so it might be good to go in the following week.

I'll reply to some questions and feedbacks real quick here

Also, upon further playtime, it seems that the plasma rifle replacement's primary fire while in this outfit hard crashes the game? I don't even get the GZDoom crash reporter window, the game just closes.
Huh, oddly enough this hasnt happened to me in the testings, bizarre.
Spoiler:
Hiyo, commenting with a few notes from my limited playthrough of version 1.34 of this wad, and Colorfull Hell, and Valiant.
(yes, I know that's an older version, didn't have internet for a week or so, was stuck with that one)
(allso, I know a few oddities aren't the fault of the mod, it's Valiant causing a few problems, notably with the weapons Valiant uses taking priority, so I had to summon the correct ones manually)

So, first up, very different mod from what I usually play, but that's good.

(cut off to not clutter too much)

Overall, very fun mod it just has elements that are either naturally underwhelming (I'm noticing a lot of this feeling for the swimsuit) or mostly incompatible with my preferred playstyle. (damage sponge, if that helps you understand some of my criticism better)
Maid: It spawns from weapons, not melee.

Bunnygirl: It is getting changed in the next version to fix it up a bit.

Swimsuit: Try it with the BFG

Radsuit: It is situational but dont underestimate it, it does surprisingly long tic AoE's

Chalk up another person who joined to comment on this. It's rare to see lewd ideas like these produce functional and fun gameplay so serious props to you for pulling it off, and producing something memorable in the humour and presentation too. I really love this and expect it'll be a mainstay in my Doom collection.

Anyway enough gushing, I'm mostly here to post bugs and comments, I generally only play with Doom 2 and Final Doom so any balance comments will be based on those. What do you primarily test against?

-snip-
As far as balance goes I'm reconsidering a bit and think it's fine to have some be powerful as long as they're hard to get, and force you to play as a glass cannon or switch when too damaged (like most do but there are a few exceptions). Also because I tried it with Plutonia where it's a lot more fitting to the higher difficulty, and Colourful Hell as per someone earlier in the thread which is darn fun for the higher tier enemies and random outfit drops, at least with the black/white ones turned off.

Additional things I noticed (spoilers of course).
-snip-
I have some people beta testing the mod. I personally tend to play my test runs with CH, legendoom Lite and various different mapsets, I do tend to prefer to harder difficulty level ones.
Also I must admit, you've given some very good points that Ive actually changed in my beta versions to try em out. Also thanks for pointing some oversights like the office girl outfit map issue!

Tho few things;
Spoiler:
Hmm... Hege has been quiet for a while... I guess he/she is busy with work or something. Anyway.

I was just wondering if you play this in coop with somebody can the archvile if your partner has wedding outfit and has given ring to Archvile can this resurrect your coop partner who died?
I've been bit busy yeah

The archvile thing seems like it really cannot be done I'm afraid, or that it would be very complex to do for little worth.
I mean yeah, it would be cool if it was doable simply enough.
Apteral10

Post by Apteral10 »

Good to hear from you Hege and yeah I can imagine it to be WAY too much pain for little gain. However that really oddly sounds so fitting thing to be said about real life work... Unless of course it is something you really like to do.
Sasha_The_Lynx
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Sasha_The_Lynx »

I knew that real life have made you busy but hey, its respectable if you got a job and all that (Or personal problems, but full respect and love to ya).

Overall we are very excited for a new release of this amazing mod! And with how great the quality, care and dedication each outfit has, it make some even more excited.

Oh also, one question. Would it be possible for you to make a Viking/Valkyre outfit with melee combat? Since the Stealth Outfit (Or agent, i dont rememeerr the name) and the MMO armor do have melee weapons (the knife and that big hammer), i think it be pretty cool to add some outfits like a viking one. Just some little idea i had in mind really ovo
Apteral10

Post by Apteral10 »

Sasha_The_Lynx wrote:I knew that real life have made you busy but hey, its respectable if you got a job and all that (Or personal problems, but full respect and love to ya).

Overall we are very excited for a new release of this amazing mod! And with how great the quality, care and dedication each outfit has, it make some even more excited.

Oh also, one question. Would it be possible for you to make a Viking/Valkyre outfit with melee combat? Since the Stealth Outfit (Or agent, i dont rememeerr the name) and the MMO armor do have melee weapons (the knife and that big hammer), i think it be pretty cool to add some outfits like a viking one. Just some little idea i had in mind really ovo
That sounds like a good idea. My vote for the stealth outfit would be that the tactical outfit can get an upgrade for dedicated stealth or the ninja outfit upgrade.
fakemai

Post by fakemai »

Response to some points:
Spoiler:
To expand on durability, most powerful outfits should start fairly high as they're basically this game's armor/supercharge/megasphere and good ol' Doomguy can have effectively 400% HP. Limited repairability presents the dilemma of whether to switch to a less powerful outfit to stay safe, and to try not to lose it. That goes double for upgradeable rares since the durability gained stacks on whatever you have (and pickups stack on whatever scraps you're wearing so it's a good idea to max them out first). Sadly I'm not familiar with the scripting side if that's proving buggy but I'm excited to see how it is next version.

Finally I had one very weird thing happen with Colourful Hell where I somehow picked up an outfit under the Kamui suit, I think it spawned on top of me when I killed an enemy. It didn't matter except for Daina having the wrong clothes, and that it was effectively wasted when Kamui wore off. There was no ability stacking or anything stupid like that.
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

A viking/valkyrie styled outfit is in my list of plans, tho its not as high priority as some others

Version 1.45a! Download

Added a new outfit:
The glamour nightdress. This stunning head turning piece oughta give the player some interesting abilities, keep your eye out for it

2 new upgrades;
-MMO Armor can be expanded upon
- Maid armor has some catty upgrade abilities

Item changes:
-Hazmat suit can now be packed into temporary units
-Renamed the orb and sewing kit buttons into quick use buttons
-A mysterious red sharp thing can be spotted, and its hungry

Hud changes:
-Renamed the remove nude sprite option into "censor questionable sprites"
-Hud sprites will now show clothing damage if they drop below 50 durability unless the above option is on.

Few more option changes;
-Added quick chase cam button
-Added two silly special game modes

PDA has been added
Check the info on the outfit you have with this handy little device

And finally a ton of balance changes

Full Change Log:
Spoiler:
Edit: Fixed a bug with the BFG and fixed Exkini PDA entry not showing
Sasha_The_Lynx
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.45 [PDA Dress Order]

Post by Sasha_The_Lynx »

Wow, that was quick hehe. But im really excited that you have the viking/valkyre on your list. But take as much time as you need and let the more important ones to come first.

Also, i really love the work you did on the clothing when they get damaged, its a really nice touch, and that censor option is funny, gave me a giggle. Also, i noticed how that you fixed the glitch where, if you kept firing your weapon from, let us say, the upgraded green clothing dual pistols and lose the outfit, you can still use them as long as you keep firing. It was honestly a little game breaking but im glad that one got fixed, totaly appriciate that!

Oh, the PDA is also great. Love the little descriptions that is written there.

Havent found the new outfit yet or the new upgrades, but i did found the red sharp thingy on the first level (dont know if i was super lucky or if it has a high drop chance) and it was interesting to try out. If i do find the outfit and tried it out, i make an edit of this post to document on my experience.

But really, i admire the amazing work you do on this mod. Keep it up!
-
Edit Review: As mentioned, i would edit this post to tell my experience with the new update. To minimize clutter, i put it int eh spoiler tag.
Spoiler:
Last edited by Sasha_The_Lynx on Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”