La Tailor Girl v1.89 Plain Black [updated march 18 2023]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Jayrassic Park

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.68.99 [informative]

Post by Jayrassic Park »

Glam Stachee wrote:Is there any fitting monster mod to go along with this mod? I mean the default DooM monsters just don't fit in with the theme well.
I’ve forgotten if Sirens! got a monster-only wad, but at the risk of sounding like a hormone-addled offender, the artistic nudity and mythological bent goes well with the whole 80s-OVA-fanservice theme.
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

Glam Stachee wrote:
"Is there any fitting monster mod to go along with this mod? I mean the default DooM monsters just don't fit in with the theme well."

Have you tried this mod? They are the same monsters but without blood and full of effects like rainbows and stars, etc...

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=59415
Apteral10

Post by Apteral10 »

Got to play around with the new outfit and man it is rare and it is another anime reference which I don't hugely care about but the way you have written the flavor text just makes me say "I don't care if you did like it. I like something you might not like and vice versa. We are people, we are different if somebody does get their arms up about this. It should be they who probably should think about their choices" also you got me a bit interested to find this anime on a wiki to check what's going on.
RabbitCuddle

Post by RabbitCuddle »

I'm curious, has anyone made a wiki page / list of all the weapons that have different effects for each outfit? Just imagine how many pages you would need OwO.
Apteral10

Post by Apteral10 »

RabbitCuddle wrote:I'm curious, has anyone made a wiki page / list of all the weapons that have different effects for each outfit? Just imagine how many pages you would need OwO.
Hmm... There is quite a lot of outfits. fire bikini, black bikini, purple bikini, blade bikini, X bikini (the pink colored), school girl uniform, office worker uniform, arctic clothing, MMO armor, Cowboy outfit, Samus Zero suit, the new special outfit, Golden string outfit, Sukumizu, Wedding outfit, Daina's basic outfit, succubi vest, nurse outfit, Chinese cosplay outfit, cyber woman outfit, tactical outfit, Sauna towel, Maid outfit, Sheep outfit, Metal barrel outfit and Ninja outfit. + the upgrades to certain outfits previously mentioned. Would make 40 outfits + Kamui. I might have forgotten outfits but this is what I remember and I might be terribly wrong. Not all of the weapons have special effects with all outfits even if they are upgraded and I am not in the mood to dive in to that math pool of how many there are.

Come to think of it. Hege have you thought about making enemies drop special item that allows corrupting golden strings for another outfit? Just wondered as there is this avenue I guess you might have already thought about. Haven't come across any bugs so far.

Reason of second edit: I forgot one of the outfits. Sorry about that.
RabbitCuddle

Post by RabbitCuddle »

So after a lengthy amount of typing, here is a list of every effect of every weapon for every outfit for Daina...

Now to do Sewie... *sigh*
LA TAILOR GIRL OUTFIT EFFECTS.txt
(151.41 KiB) Downloaded 284 times
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by fakemai »

RabbitCuddle wrote:So after a lengthy amount of typing, here is a list of every effect of every weapon for every outfit for Daina...

Very comprehensive! I'll add to it a few extra details.
Spoiler:
You could probably just not list weapons that are unchanged from default, that'll also help with Sewie since the pistol as far as I know, is unchanged between outfits. Also run a spell checker, there's a few mistakes here and there. Also resistances do come into play when using monster mods, notably Colourful Hell. It is weird though that the vanilla monsters don't have those properties. Finally, this is probably best uploaded to somewhere like Pastebin.
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

Oh whuh Ive completely forgotten to post things in here Ill reply to few things while im at it
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I've noticed that, with the advanced chasecam, the "Reorient on fire" and "Autoaim at nearest enemy" options do not work properly with the K800 Plasma Rod. Pulling the trigger with the plasma rod will result in your first shot going wherever you character was facing at the time, and only after that will reorientation towards your point of aim/the nearest foe take place. The Coolgun's altfire and the Shocker's primary fire have the same problem, but due to their rapid fire nature, it's less of an issue. All the other guns correctly fire only after reorientation has occurred.
Odd, gonna have to check this further and then bug marisa

So after a lengthy amount of typing, here is a list of every effect of every weapon for every outfit for Daina...

Not a bad list, tho there are some things that fakemai already pointed out
Tho Ill add one more when it comes to the EXIT outfit:
Spoiler:
Also on the DIV:
Spoiler:
This list also brought up a few bugs I do need to fix which is very neato

-------------------

So the reason why there hasnt been a new update yet is cause there is big things on the horizon
Apart from some changes to balance things, and other outfit stuff, some more noteable ones are;

-Hud indicator for Ammo types used by guns with outfits

Should have a big ease of life with figuring what uses what, specially with life fibers

-Extra life fiber uses

Daina is specially gonna get a lot more reload fires that are enchanted by the fibers
Im gonna be focusing on older armors as priority for these

and biggest one;
Spoiler:
RabbitCuddle

Post by RabbitCuddle »

Thanks for the suggestions to help improve the armour enchantment list! I have also posted it on Paste bin but for now I'm gonna clean it up and work on Sewie's enchantments before posting the links.

Also a suggestion if I may; quite a few armours have enchantments like "plasma resistance", "ice resistance", "fire resistance", etc... yet not many, if any, enemies in DooM or DooM 2 qualify for these damage styles. Is there an enemy mod that can utilise this or could we be seeing an enemy replacements?
Rex R

Post by Rex R »

so if one were to set the default texture (in a map editor) to the exit texture and create a map, one would then have a greater chance of getting the exit outfit :).
Rex
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

Are there any plans for a pickelhaube and something vaguely resembling aWW1 uniform for her? Also, any options to disable voice lines? Getting new suits with sewsie doesn't change her icon, oddly.
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by fakemai »

I'll appreciate Shihong's fire modes being consistent with the rest because it was hard to overcome muscle memory, especially with the cool gun, and that rare one getting appropriately buffed because it sure felt underwhelming. Looking forward to the additions too!
Rex R wrote:so if one were to set the default texture (in a map editor) to the exit texture and create a map, one would then have a greater chance of getting the exit outfit :).
Rex
Spoiler:
RabbitCuddle wrote:Is there an enemy mod that can utilise this or could we be seeing an enemy replacements?
Colourful Hell. Same author. Depending on how good you are you will probably not want to enable the white-tier or abyss-tier but it helps offset some of the powerful outfits.
Milestone

Post by Milestone »

So I've been experimenting with this mod for the last week on Ultimate Doom, Doom 2, and a bunch of "classic" WADs (think Cacoward tier stuff), and I have to say, it may be a bit overpowered for Hurt Me Plenty at times, but I'm finding playing most things on Ultra Violence to be just right. The combination of your general squishiness, the "reload" time on a bunch of the "better" weapon combos/alt-fires, and the potential for damage output/special effects makes you a wonderfully glassy cannon a lot of the time. I've had armor go from 200+ to near zero in the middle of some big, drag-out fights, especially on WADs with real hordes, and I have yet to be able to tank more than one hit from a Cyberdemon on UV, so as far as I'm concerned, it's pretty darn "balanced" so far, considering the sheer amount of content here. (In comparison, if I REALLY wanted an overpowered, "let's kill everything" mod, my gold standard is Russian Overkill, for the record.)

Just a couple of ideas, tho.
1) Could you also provide a keybind for quick using stored Radiation Suits? First, it's GREAT that's an option, and the shorter timer balances it out. However, more than once, I've seen a rad suit ready to use in the middle of a hazard, and end up having to rush out, mash "use" to actually grab it, then flip thru the inventory trying to get it on as fast as I can, and it tends to end up with taking damage that would be otherwise avoidable.
A quick-use key for the rad suit would be great. Hell, I'd rather have a quick use for the rad suit over the quick key for the sewing kit.

2) Since you're adding F1/Help Screen stuff in there, can you make a bit for the Help screen that lists off all the powerups (except the obvious ones like health, ammo, and clothes), and their uses? I played thru this blind the first time, and ended up having to scroll back through the console messages and/or come to this thread to realize what some of the powerups/inventory items do.

...and you know what? I'm going to suggest a new outfit, as well, just because I think it would be an interesting idea.
A "Sleepy Sheep" outfit.
Lower damage, takes damage more easily, but some weapon enchants eat extra ammo in exchange for attacks that can put enemies to sleep/back into the "sleep state". Why I think this would be an interesting idea? Your personal damage output and armor class is lowered in exchange for the ability to potentially set up monster infighting silliness, or otherwise get out of a sticky situation.
Rex R

Post by Rex R »

by rights an upgraded wool/sheep outfit ought to be black :).
Rex
CUBEKid04

Post by CUBEKid04 »

So I have been messing around in Slade 3 with this mod (though the mod uses ZScript) and was trying to create my own clothing set, using code from other clothing pieces in the mod, and managed to create a new clothing set, Again, I was only messing around because I wonder if it was possible to code custom clothing sets.

EDIT: It is a purple armor, a rare one, can be upgraded, but upon it being destroyed by enemies, the player explodes, but takes away 15 health points, Melee has a strong kick, as well as a strong punch, pressing the 'Reload' key will allow a supercharge and can only be used after 'Reload' key has been pressed again, However, it requires to charge up energy, However, energy charges slower than pistol secondary charge, and Wedding Dress connection power

Return to “Gameplay Mods”