[Demo] Way Past Cool!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

[Demo] Way Past Cool!

Post by xenoxols »

Hey, here's a quick demo for this most excellent, totally radical, ultra cool mod I've been working on. Feedback is welcome.
Link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/axhutt7h ... nodoom.pk3
LossForWords

Re: [Demo] Way Past Cool!

Post by LossForWords »

if you added some of the stuff from/merged this mod with xxls-america, it would be pretty cool. both mods have the 80's aesthetic, it would fit right in.
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

Absolutely love the animations on the weapons. Only problem I feel there is right now is the recoil could be tweaked a fair amount. Firing the smg feels more like a shift to your view with vibration instead of actual recoil, the pistol feels like your entire height jumps up instead of your view (which probably isn't what's actually happening but it does feel that way), and the shotgun is a tad bit too jarring.
DoodGuy

Post by DoodGuy »

I would replace the shotty from Marathon with something else and also reduce the fire rate on the uzi
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

And this finally gets released, congrats man! any chance of adding dual-wielding or is it out of scope?
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by xenoxols »

insightguy wrote:And this finally gets released, congrats man! any chance of adding dual-wielding or is it out of scope?
Maybe when I get more work done on it. It would probably work well as a limited powerup.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”