Enhanced Vanilla Project (EVP) - My first Doom mod

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Enhanced Vanilla Project (EVP) - My first Doom mod

Postby Void Warrior » Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:00 pm

A_D_M_E_R_A_L, I've been encountering one bug from your mod for a long time.

Every time I run WAD with EVP, DarkDoomZ always turns on. The fact is that I have it completely disabled in the settings, but the mod activates it anyway. Moreover, DarkDoomZ turns on when switching to another map. Am I the only one with such a problem? If so, how to solve it.

The bug has appeared since version 2.7a. Since 2.7c is also present.
Void Warrior
 
Joined: 04 Feb 2021
Location: Russian Federation
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Re: Enhanced Vanilla Project (EVP) - My first Doom mod

Postby A_D_M_E_R_A_L » Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:24 pm

Void Warrior wrote:A_D_M_E_R_A_L, I've been encountering one bug from your mod for a long time.

Every time I run WAD with EVP, DarkDoomZ always turns on. The fact is that I have it completely disabled in the settings, but the mod activates it anyway. Moreover, DarkDoomZ turns on when switching to another map. Am I the only one with such a problem? If so, how to solve it.

The bug has appeared since version 2.7a. Since 2.7c is also present.

It should be off by default, idk how it doesn't save the settings on your end.
User avatar
A_D_M_E_R_A_L
 
Joined: 16 Apr 2017
Discord: A_D_M_E_R_A_L#7602

Re: Enhanced Vanilla Project (EVP) - My first Doom mod

Postby Misery » Mon May 23, 2022 5:41 pm

Is there anything included in the new version of Enhanced Vanilla that could potentially greatly slow down a map, or one part of a map? For some reason, usin' Enhanced Vanilla on Map 2 of Sunlust slows the first few rooms to a crawl. The strange part is it is only one part of the map. Once out of that area, the game returns to normal. I don't know enough about ZScript to understand what could cause it.
User avatar
Misery
 
Joined: 04 Nov 2018

Re: Enhanced Vanilla Project (EVP) - My first Doom mod

Postby A_D_M_E_R_A_L » Tue May 24, 2022 6:03 pm

Misery wrote:Is there anything included in the new version of Enhanced Vanilla that could potentially greatly slow down a map, or one part of a map? For some reason, usin' Enhanced Vanilla on Map 2 of Sunlust slows the first few rooms to a crawl. The strange part is it is only one part of the map. Once out of that area, the game returns to normal. I don't know enough about ZScript to understand what could cause it.

Idk, seems to work fine for me. Could be the barrels that blow up at the very start.
User avatar
A_D_M_E_R_A_L
 
Joined: 16 Apr 2017
Discord: A_D_M_E_R_A_L#7602

Re: Enhanced Vanilla Project (EVP) - My first Doom mod

Postby A_D_M_E_R_A_L » Tue May 31, 2022 3:21 am

2.7d (31/5/22)
Spoiler:


Main mod hotfix:
Forgot to update the string for Partial Invis' warning message, oops
User avatar
A_D_M_E_R_A_L
 
Joined: 16 Apr 2017
Discord: A_D_M_E_R_A_L#7602

Re: Enhanced Vanilla Project (EVP) - My first Doom mod

Postby StraightWhiteMan » Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:06 pm

This isn't beneficial or helpful feedback, but I just wanted to say, again, I f#cking love this mod. Thank you very much for continuing to update it.
User avatar
StraightWhiteMan
 
Joined: 02 Jul 2020
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Enhanced Vanilla Project (EVP) - My first Doom mod

Postby A_D_M_E_R_A_L » Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:50 pm

2.7e (21/6/22)
Spoiler:


EDIT:
Hotfixes for the main mod
Spoiler:
User avatar
A_D_M_E_R_A_L
 
Joined: 16 Apr 2017
Discord: A_D_M_E_R_A_L#7602

Re: Enhanced Vanilla Project (EVP) - My first Doom mod

Postby Void Warrior » Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:31 am

Higher Powers, with the new version, darkness no longer appears after moving to the next level. Thanks! :D

I'll evaluate the innovations and corrections somehow.
Void Warrior
 
Joined: 04 Feb 2021
Location: Russian Federation
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Re: Enhanced Vanilla Project (EVP) - My first Doom mod

Postby A_D_M_E_R_A_L » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:03 am

Void Warrior wrote:Higher Powers, with the new version, darkness no longer appears after moving to the next level. Thanks! :D

I'll evaluate the innovations and corrections somehow.

I guess the order of certain things in the code matters. Fixed, redownload the mod.

Spoiler:
User avatar
A_D_M_E_R_A_L
 
Joined: 16 Apr 2017
Discord: A_D_M_E_R_A_L#7602

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: headlesszombie, SeriousWeasle and 9 guests