Enhanced Vanilla Project (EVP) - My first Doom mod

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Enhanced Vanilla Project (EVP) - My first Doom mod

Postby ClessxAlghazanth » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:12 pm

I noticed that flashlight in EVP doesn't illuminate as a beam coming from helmet (or r/l shoulder , where it is placed) , instead illuminates a circle area around the player for me

Is it intended behaviour , or is something wrong ?

I'm asking this because other flashlight mods I used (standalone one and the one in BDBE) behaved differently :roll:

Best regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ClessxAlghazanth

Postby A_D_M_E_R_A_L » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:37 pm

ClessxAlghazanth wrote:I noticed that flashlight in EVP doesn't illuminate as a beam coming from helmet (or r/l shoulder , where it is placed) , instead illuminates a circle area around the player for me

Is it intended behaviour , or is something wrong ?

I'm asking this because other flashlight mods I used (standalone one and the one in BDBE) behaved differently :roll:

Best regards

What's your render mode? It works as intended only on "Hardware accelerated" render mode.
A_D_M_E_R_A_L

Discord: A_D_M_E_R_A_L#7602

Postby LoreCannon » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:40 pm

You can customize the beam in the flashlight options to do just what you're asking Clessx.

Also... turn off Trilinear filtering.
LoreCannon

Postby ClessxAlghazanth » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:43 pm

api=OpenGL ES
render mode=Hardware accelerated

These are my settings

LoreCannon wrote:You can customize the beam in the flashlight options to do just what you're asking Clessx.

I tried changing the settings in mod options - flashlight with no avail . I can change the beam color but still a big round circle around Doomguy

How can I turn triple buffer off ?
ClessxAlghazanth

Postby kalensar » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:35 pm

ClessxAlghazanth wrote:api=OpenGL ES
render mode=Hardware accelerated

These are my settings

LoreCannon wrote:You can customize the beam in the flashlight options to do just what you're asking Clessx.

I tried changing the settings in mod options - flashlight with no avail . I can change the beam color but still a big round circle around Doomguy

How can I turn triple buffer off ?

You go to Display Settings >> then Textures. The filtering is the very top option.

Personally I love trilinear, but I also don't use Dynamic lights unless the mod absolutely needs it like Flashlight mods, HONTE or D64ifier
kalensar

Postby ClessxAlghazanth » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:46 pm

You go to Display Settings >> then Textures. The filtering is the very top option.

Personally I love trilinear, but I also don't use Dynamic lights unless the mod absolutely needs it like Flashlight mods, HONTE or D64ifier

Thanks

Tried turning it off , using bilinear filtering , switched almost every option on and off in textures menu , but no difference :cry:

Edit: To answer my own question , it was because spotlights were not working properly in the gles build. Hope it gets fixed in the next build :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ClessxAlghazanth

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods