[INACTIVE] Doomzone v1.8.1

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
-Ghost-

Re: Doomzone Mod (TNT Patch Added)

Post by -Ghost- »

No problem!

When do you think 1.8 will be ready for release? I recently switched up to the Hardcore/Necro difficulties and they feel a lot better with the stronger weapons of the mod so far; before I was mostly playing on UV, but the new monster abilities and such on the harder difficulties are fun. As a result I'm looking forward to the armor/HP from gibbing enemies, since the game I'm playing is a lot harder now. :P
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

I don't really know when v1.8 will be ready for a release, or even a public beta. Right now I'm actually working two jobs, so development has been slow while I work to get my personal affairs in order.

Right now, as it stands, I've got only one active skill done, with two more to go. I've got two new weapons finished, and one that I still need to work on (this will be replacing the Prox Launcher, whose functionality will be built into the M327 instead). Still need to improve on the Necro bosses, as well as create a few new variants of enemies specifically for that difficulty. This is going to be a pretty big update, honestly, and it's going to take time to get through it all.

I'll get there, though. It's just, y'know. Finances first.

Wish I could give you a more solid answer.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Yeah, take your time, I was more curious on what else would be in 1.8, since I think I've only seen the gibbing and new class ability so far.
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

-Ghost- wrote:Yeah, take your time, I was more curious on what else would be in 1.8, since I think I've only seen the gibbing and new class ability so far.
Namely, a damage amplifier (Quad Damage) for Slipgater, and the demon heart variant from Shadow Warrior '13 for Samurai, as far as active skills go.
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

In response to the overwhelming hordes following the defeat of Shub Niggurath, all Slipgate marines are hereby required to keep a Quantum Ultraviolent Amplification Device on their person at all times. What? Is that too wordy? The eggheads in engineering say you can just call it Quad Damage, if that's too much of a pain.
silentzora

Re: Doomzone Mod (v1.8 Imminent)

Post by silentzora »

Hey everyone. Development on the v1.8 update is basically complete at this point. It's now in the testing phase to make sure everything is working as it should. I'm just making some minor tweaks here and there, as needed. Still have to update documentation, but I don't think that'll take too terribly long.

Hoping to release in the next couple weeks. Maybe a month, worst case scenario.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

And ever we shall fight on.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

This mod still lives on with amazing features, weapons, classes and heart that no mod have.
Evil Operative
Location: Inside a land where Walls and Decors are covered in Blood and Guts. (Brutal)

Post by Evil Operative »

Very nice mod, indeed! My only issue with it for now is that it feels a bit icky to use some weapons with the female classes because you can clearly see arm hair on the HUD sprites.
7HEPOW
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by 7HEPOW »

Neat! :)
I guess the barrage of script errors will also be fixed? ;)
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

7HEPOW wrote:Neat! :)
I guess the barrage of script errors will also be fixed? ;)
Probably not. Most of that is just terrain and warped flat support for various wads (Ancient Aliens, BTSX, etc). As long as it doesn't crash the game on startup, it should be just a minor annoyance, IMO. Doesn't really affect game play as far as I know.

Now, if there's a change with GZDoom that causes it to crash to desktop in the future, I can take those out no problem.
silentzora

Re: Doomzone (v1.8 Released!)

Post by silentzora »

Doomzone v1.8 is released!

v1.8 Changelog:
Spoiler:
Download Doomzone v1.8

As per usual, please let me know if you encounter any bugs or issues with this release. Can't fix bugs if I don't know they're there! (Buuuut hopefully I got 'em all.)
erni945

Post by erni945 »

silentzora wrote:Doomzone v1.8 is released!

v1.8 Changelog:
Spoiler:
Download Doomzone v1.8

As per usual, please let me know if you encounter any bugs or issues with this release. Can't fix bugs if I don't know they're there! (Buuuut hopefully I got 'em all.)

Impressive changelog, do you know if your mod is compatible with winter's fury?
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

erni945 wrote:Impressive changelog, do you know if your mod is compatible with winter's fury?
I don't know if it's compatible with Winter's Fury. I assume it probably isn't. :(
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

If you're making compatibility patches, then I'd really like to see one for Dimension of the Boomed, because it should go without saying how much fun that would be with the Slipgater.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”