[INACTIVE] Doomzone v1.8.1

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
epiccolton26
Location: The depths of space, destroying entire solar systems

Re: Doomzone Mod

Post by epiccolton26 »

Good to know that the issue is all patched up! It was pretty annoying, as you can imagine. :P
Gorec

Post by Gorec »

even if you have better armor you can still pick up "security armor set" and it wont give you anything
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

Gorec wrote:even if you have better armor you can still pick up "security armor set" and it wont give you anything
Armor sets will give you ammo if you're full on armor. The amount of ammo depends on the armor's quality. If you're full on both armor and ammo, you won't pick it up at all.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

The only annoyance, minimal as it is with this great mod is that the sheer amount of guns makes it hard to get the ones for your chosen char, but considering this was clearly made for Co-Op play, it's not that bad a flaw.
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

May I suggest adding an explosion delay to barrels same as vanilla so as not to break maps that use it in a creative way? Also, in general those are needed due to the fact that sometimes you're forced to take out barrels at close range and the delay provides you some leeway so you don't just die doing it.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

With those barrels, The O' of Destruction would be very hard to go through.

Also i noticed that Hand Grenade's Explosion is kinda small, too.
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

Frag grenades' splash radius is currently set to 144 dmu, so it's only a little bit larger than the classic Doom rocket. I feel that hand grenades probably make sense having a lower explosive yield than HE grenades or RPGs. I can probably rebalance that a little bit by allowing the player to carry more grenades in the next update, though. Any thoughts on that?

I'll look into adding some more delay to the explosive barrels. Oh, I have also thought about maybe creating a fuel barrel that would act like the explosive barrels currently do, and rework the green-ooze for their smoke to be corrosive. Haven't made a move on that just yet, though.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

silentzora wrote:Frag grenades' splash radius is currently set to 144 dmu, so it's only a little bit larger than the classic Doom rocket. I feel that hand grenades probably make sense having a lower explosive yield than HE grenades or RPGs. I can probably rebalance that a little bit by allowing the player to carry more grenades in the next update, though. Any thoughts on that?
No no, i mean its sprite. It's way too small compared to other explosion sprites. Forgot to mention it.
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

I'll see what I can do to adjust that.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

silentzora wrote:Frag grenades' splash radius is currently set to 144 dmu, so it's only a little bit larger than the classic Doom rocket. I feel that hand grenades probably make sense having a lower explosive yield than HE grenades or RPGs. I can probably rebalance that a little bit by allowing the player to carry more grenades in the next update, though. Any thoughts on that?

I'll look into adding some more delay to the explosive barrels. Oh, I have also thought about maybe creating a fuel barrel that would act like the explosive barrels currently do, and rework the green-ooze for their smoke to be corrosive. Haven't made a move on that just yet, though.
A higher frag grenade count would be good. They don't quite have as much utility as some of the other types, since those let you do more area denial.
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

-Ghost- wrote:A higher frag grenade count would be good. They don't quite have as much utility as some of the other types, since those let you do more area denial.
At this point, increasing the frag count would also increase all the other grenade type counts. I dunno, maybe I should increase their potency a bit further.
0mrcynic0
Location: The corner of "screw off" and "none of your business."

Post by 0mrcynic0 »

Is there also a possible option that item pickups be restricted to whatever class you choose when you start the game instead of having random weapons scattered around that can't be picked up most of the time?

For example, when I start at Map 30 in Doom 2, I can only pick around 3 to 4 weapons only instead of getting all of the weapons at the start before confronting the boss.
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

So I just found out that this isn't compatible with TNT, even if it's loaded as a PWAD for Doom 2 instead of an IWAD:
"Script error, "doomzone.pk3:dzbase.wad:ANIMDEFS" line 338:
Unknown texture wfall2"
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

SiFi270 wrote:So I just found out that this isn't compatible with TNT, even if it's loaded as a PWAD for Doom 2 instead of an IWAD:
"Script error, "doomzone.pk3:dzbase.wad:ANIMDEFS" line 338:
Unknown texture wfall2"
I've added a patch wad to the OP. In the load order, load tnt-dzfix.wad after doomzone.pk3.
SiFi270

Re: Doomzone Mod (TNT Patch Added)

Post by SiFi270 »

Wow. Thanks for responding so quickly.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”