[INACTIVE] Doomzone v1.8.1

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
silentzora

Re: Doomzone (v1.8.1 Out, DotB Patch Added)

Post by silentzora »

It's possible, but not probable. I wasn't much a fan of DN3D, though the idea has been suggested before in the past. My main thing is I'm trying to figure out how to make such a class distinct from other already available classes.

Maybe someday in the future. Aside from that, I can't say.
Twitchy2019

Post by Twitchy2019 »

Duke by large is interesting. If you wanted to think on a way to make him fit, think of him as an All-American hero, the Patriot class. America's greatest patriot is afforded weapons from Aera 51 like a shrink ray, microwave ray, a freeze gun, and more!
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

Sorry for replying this late, but the AT-14s are finally fixed, thanks for bearing with me :)

Edit: Some spontaneous ideas for a Duke player class:
-His glock/Sta-12 could be fully automatic
-instead of hand grenades he could be carrying either pipebombs or laser tripwire mines (just like the ones in Half-Life and the SLAMs in HL2DM)
-I'm not sure about his special skill, because steroids would be too similar to UAC Elite's Berserk and one of the other classes already has a hologram if I'm not mistaken.

As for the rest of his arsenal, he could have some weapons from Duke Nukem 64, DNF and also from some popular mods like DukePlus or Nuclear Showdown as an extra bonus.
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

DabbingSquidward wrote:Sorry for replying this late, but the AT-14s are finally fixed, thanks for bearing with me :)

Edit: Some spontaneous ideas for a Duke player class:
-His glock/Sta-12 could be fully automatic
-instead of hand grenades he could be carrying either pipebombs or laser tripwire mines (just like the ones in Half-Life and the SLAMs in HL2DM)
-I'm not sure about his special skill, because steroids would be too similar to UAC Elite's Berserk and one of the other classes already has a hologram if I'm not mistaken.

As for the rest of his arsenal, he could have some weapons from Duke Nukem 64, DNF and also from some popular mods like DukePlus or Nuclear Showdown as an extra bonus.
Glad to hear the AT-14s are finally fixed! Sorry it's taken so long, they were a bitch to put together in the first place.

Here's my two cents about your suggestions for a Duke class:
* I'm thinking Desert Eagle. But I agree, he needs an automatic pistol.
* I think someone had a snippet of code for pipebombs. It's a good idea, the trick is getting them to work. Maybe I could have the death state (resting on ground) loop until the player triggers them via detonator. It wouldn't be hard, I managed to do remote detonation in Zagemod with rockets. My only issue is how I'm going to handle the detonator, whether that should be its own weapon or something. And if that's the case, maybe just make it its own weapon? I dunno. If you've got any ideas on this, please fill me in. :)
* I don't think any class uses a decoy. The problem with friendly AI in GZDoom is that enemies will never target them unless friendlies attack them first. So that might rule out the Holoduke as a potential active skill. Definitely don't wanna do Berserk for him either. We'll have to figure something out for him that's gonna be unique.
* While I've not played DN64, I have played DN Advance. Though I think the only real difference is that the Ripper (or Chaingun Cannon if you prefer) is replaced with an MP5. Also, since I've got weapons on the mind while writing this, I'm not totally sure how I'm gonna handle the Shrinker.
Twitchy2019

Post by Twitchy2019 »

Ok, a few things to think about. Try checking out Samsara mod's code for inspiration on how to design pipebombs. Pilloblaster's mods have some pipebomb-like code. Open these mods in Slade or your favorite code editor to study their code. As far as a special skill, look no further than an Ego-based powerup. This powerup could make Duke invulnerable for a few seconds while he uses the skill. Or give Duke Duke-vision. A limited time ability that acts like light amp goggles on demand.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

The UAC Survival Kit has working pipebombs in it, where you throw them and then detonate, if that helps to take a look at code-wise.
YasuoProjectX
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YasuoProjectX »

Can i use custom monsters like DoomRL Monsters and XEnemies like that?
Xterra
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Win7 SP1 / Tiny10 dualboot
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [INACTIVE] Doomzone v1.8.1

Post by Xterra »

Unlikely. For one, they wouldn't drop the right weapons, and for two, there already are custom monsters in this and every other Zorasoft mod (QuakeStyle, QS ZX, QS Unbound, this, ZAGE, and Ratchet and Clank: Hot and Bothered).
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

YasuoProjectX wrote:Can i use custom monsters like DoomRL Monsters and XEnemies like that?
Custom monster packs are not supported. Additionally, I'd like to add that this project is no longer in development as of the release of v1.8.1. The code has gotten too difficult to work with (admittedly, by my own design, unfortunately), and I wanted to move on to something new. The link for that project thread is here.

No further support or update material is planned for Doomzone. Thank you for your support.
SergeantDiggs

Re: [INACTIVE] Doomzone v1.8.1

Post by SergeantDiggs »

Love this and Zagemod! You're doing great work, silentzora!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”