HeXeReTiC Fantasy v3.1.1 (Update 27 Oct 2023)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
-Ghost-

Re: HeXeReTiC Fantasy v1.0.1 + HUD (Updated 15 Nov 2017)

Post by -Ghost- »

One thing I'd like to add; I really like how you did the money system this time around. I always felt like the Doom version had a lot of needless inflation on the cash drops, so it made it hard to tell how much things were actually worth at a glance. The gold drops in this feel a lot more balanced and in line with your typical RPG prices.
Exeor

Re: HeXeReTiC Fantasy v1.0.1 + HUD (Updated 15 Nov 2017)

Post by Exeor »

This mod is beautiful and I love how everything and your hud (I'm a big fan of your hud style in other mods btw) feels tidy and clean.

Now that I think about it, is this mod compatible with OBLIGE? Since it creates random vanilla levels of Doom and Heretic I should check it. Keep it up! :wink:
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: HeXeReTiC Fantasy v1.2 + HUD (Updated 2 Dec 2017)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Available from now version 1.2 of the H-Fantasy addon! :D

Check out the latest change list and access to the download links at first post, as usual... :wink:

Just some quote replies now:
-Ghost- wrote:One thing I'd like to add; I really like how you did the money system this time around. I always felt like the Doom version had a lot of needless inflation on the cash drops, so it made it hard to tell how much things were actually worth at a glance. The gold drops in this feel a lot more balanced and in line with your typical RPG prices.
You know, in fact that's one of the things I wanted to improve respect from H-Project. To be honest, I thought it was a good idea to make the gold much more valuable in the mystic/mediaeval age of Heretic, unlike in the modern/futuristic times of Doom where most metals are globally more devalued... :tongue:
Exeor wrote:This mod is beautiful and I love how everything and your hud (I'm a big fan of your hud style in other mods btw) feels tidy and clean.

Now that I think about it, is this mod compatible with OBLIGE? Since it creates random vanilla levels of Doom and Heretic I should check it. Keep it up! :wink:
Glad you like it, hope you keep enjoying and having fun! :thumb:

Respect your question, yes, it is fully compatible with Oblige and ObHack tools (as I wrote in the addon's description at first post).
Korell

Post by Korell »

Another nice update, though I'd definitely suggest that the quick melee attack have its own entry within the controls menu rather than just the Weapon Zoom entry as if the player hasn't fully read the notes then they may not have a mapping set for Weapon Zoom and won't have seen that it refers to a quick attack. You could add it as a custom entry in your HeXeReTiC Fantasy Special Keys section with a more relevant name even if it does still use the same underlying binding.

EDIT: What I've done is add the below to the keyconf file so that a new key is added to your HeXeReTiC Fantasy Special Keys section for the quick melee attack (for which I use Q as the default key binding). I don't know if this is the correct way or the best way of doing this but it seems to work fine:

Code: Select all

AddMenuKey "Quick Melee Attack" +quickattack
Alias +quickattack "+zoom"
Alias -quickattack "-zoom"
DefaultBind Q +quickattack
DenTheUA

Post by DenTheUA »

Hello. Whenever I try to run this mod, I get the following error.

Execution could not continue.

R_InstallSprite: Sprite MNTR frame E is missing rotations
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Korell wrote:Another nice update, though I'd definitely suggest that the quick melee attack have its own entry within the controls menu rather than just the Weapon Zoom entry as if the player hasn't fully read the notes then they may not have a mapping set for Weapon Zoom and won't have seen that it refers to a quick attack. You could add it as a custom entry in your HeXeReTiC Fantasy Special Keys section with a more relevant name even if it does still use the same underlying binding.

EDIT: What I've done is add the below to the keyconf file so that a new key is added to your HeXeReTiC Fantasy Special Keys section for the quick melee attack (for which I use Q as the default key binding). I don't know if this is the correct way or the best way of doing this but it seems to work fine:

Cool suggestion! I have also tried it this way and yeah yes, it works like a charm... :D

Next update release will include this for sure, thanks a lot man! :thumb:
DenTheUA wrote:Hello. Whenever I try to run this mod, I get the following error.

Please try inverting the loading order of the files. You should always load HERETIC.WAD first, and second the H-Fantasy addon file.

This should make it work correctly, hope it helps you to play and enjoy! :wink:
DenTheUA

Post by DenTheUA »

Hexereticdoom wrote:
Korell wrote:Another nice update, though I'd definitely suggest that the quick melee attack have its own entry within the controls menu rather than just the Weapon Zoom entry as if the player hasn't fully read the notes then they may not have a mapping set for Weapon Zoom and won't have seen that it refers to a quick attack. You could add it as a custom entry in your HeXeReTiC Fantasy Special Keys section with a more relevant name even if it does still use the same underlying binding.

Cool suggestion! I have also tried it this way and yeah yes, it works like a charm... :D

Next update release will include this for sure, thanks a lot man! :thumb:
DenTheUA wrote:Hello. Whenever I try to run this mod, I get the following error.

Please try inverting the loading order of the files. You should always load HERETIC.WAD first, and second the H-Fantasy addon file.

This should make it work correctly, hope it helps you to play and enjoy! :wink:
It worked for me! Thank you very much!
Naniyue

Post by Naniyue »

First a great mod for DooM, and now for Heretic! Thank you!!!!
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Wow... Most of the sound effects of the weapons here are damn good! The firemace and the arbalest are my favorites when it comes to sounding badass. You nailed it right on the head when it comes to the Firemace. That's how I thought it should sound like if it weren't for the simplistic sfxs back then.
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Bringing to you more good news guys! A new update is coming up the next week before Christmas, still need a bit of time to polish it and make it ready for release, but it will be a cool one for sure! :wink:

I wouldn't want to reveal too much at the moment, but I can tell you it will become a bit more challengeable than previous releases, but also has some extra goodies... So then, keep staying tuned mates! :thumb:
Hexereticdoom

Re: HeXeReTiC Fantasy v1.5 + HUD (Updated 19 Dec 2017)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

OK, as I promised, the new update is available for download from now! B-)

Don't forget to check the changelog at first post as always. Hope you enjoy it up my friends...

Also, I wish to say Merry Christmas for everyone! :joker: :cheers:
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Merry Chirstmas, thanks for the update!

Have you considered pulling any of the Heretic 2 enemies into the mod? There are some great low and mid-level ones that would act as some good filler in the Heretic maps. The plaguebearers, plagued elves and ssritha, gorgons, giant rats, Seraph guards, G'Lrokon, etc.

http://heretic.wikia.com/wiki/Heretic_II

The enemy sounds are great as well, I always loved the VA work on the plagued sidhe.
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

-Ghost- wrote:Have you considered pulling any of the Heretic 2 enemies into the mod? There are some great low and mid-level ones that would act as some good filler in the Heretic maps. The plaguebearers, plagued elves and ssritha, gorgons, giant rats, Seraph guards, G'Lrokon, etc.

http://heretic.wikia.com/wiki/Heretic_II

The enemy sounds are great as well, I always loved the VA work on the plagued sidhe.
Yeah, it would be a cool idea!

The hard thing is to get the necessary resources to make it a reality. Until now, I haven't been lucky to get some ripped sprites and sounds lost in the web... :|
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

You might want to condense your changelogs with spoiler tags etc, the front page is getting overly large with walls of text.
Hexereticdoom

Re: HeXeReTiC Fantasy v1.7 (Updated 2 Feb 2018)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Valherran wrote:You might want to condense your changelogs with spoiler tags etc, the front page is getting overly large with walls of text.
Done, now the first post is less cluttered. Thanks for the suggestion! :wink:

Also, announcing a new update of the H-Fantasy addon! Now it's turn for v1.7, which brings some important changes and interesting new features, if you wanna take a peek on it, please get to the front page to read the latest changelog and access to the updated download links...

I wish you keep having lots of fun. Cheerio, everyone! 8-)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”