HeXeReTiC Fantasy Special Edition (Updated 12 Jul 2018)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: HeXeReTiC Fantasy v1.7 (Updated 2 Feb 2018)

Postby Korell » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:11 pm

Just tried v1.7, only loading it up to check I had it working correctly. Booted up the first map of Hell's Maw using the Amateur Enchanter difficulty, and there were lots of imp types in the first area, which I cleared, then on going down through the door after I'd opened it, some Betrayer Elves appeared behind me and I wasn't able to kill them quickly enough with the starting weapons and so I died. Considering that this was on one of the easier difficulty settings, this came as quite a surprise.
User avatar
Korell
 
Joined: 28 May 2017

Re: HeXeReTiC Fantasy v1.7.2 (Updated 15 Feb 2018)

Postby Hexereticdoom » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:09 pm

Korell wrote:Just tried v1.7, only loading it up to check I had it working correctly. Booted up the first map of Hell's Maw using the Amateur Enchanter difficulty, and there were lots of imp types in the first area, which I cleared, then on going down through the door after I'd opened it, some Betrayer Elves appeared behind me and I wasn't able to kill them quickly enough with the starting weapons and so I died. Considering that this was on one of the easier difficulty settings, this came as quite a surprise.

Yeah, the Betrayers & Traitor Dark Elves might be a pain in the ass at first levels if you have not enough luck, so I personally recommend saving the game often until things get a bit easier. (Remember, the One-Key-Savegame feature is highly useful for this).

By the way, I have uploaded a bugfix release for v1.7, which fixes some weird bugs I found recently in game, and brings up a couple of new features to make things a bit more interesting than before... To read more details about it and getting fresh download links, please refer to first post as usual. :wink:

Keep having fun, everyone! 8-)
User avatar
Hexereticdoom
Don't make me angry or I'll bite you! Heheheee...
 
Joined: 08 Aug 2013
Location: Spain

Re: HeXeReTiC Fantasy v1.7.2 (Updated 15 Feb 2018)

Postby Expect No Mercy » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:09 am

Simply Nice!
User avatar
Expect No Mercy
 
Joined: 18 Mar 2012

Re: HeXeReTiC Fantasy v1.7.5 (Updated 2 Mar 2018)

Postby Hexereticdoom » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:29 pm

Expect No Mercy wrote:Simply Nice!

Glad you like it! :thumb:

And here I bring some good news: a new small update release is available for download! Among other things, it brings a new cool modern-like weapon for Corvus III and a new secret inventory item. Check first post for more detailed info and fresh download links!

Cheerio everyone, and please keep having fun! 8-)
User avatar
Hexereticdoom
Don't make me angry or I'll bite you! Heheheee...
 
Joined: 08 Aug 2013
Location: Spain

Re: HeXeReTiC Fantasy v1.7.5 (Updated 2 Mar 2018)

Postby Qweklain » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:28 pm

Starting to get back into all the mods after probably 5+ years and just starting with this one. Great work there sir! A fun, fresh take while keeping Heretic classy still. There are two things I have noticed so far though in 1.7.5.

1) The Tome of Power + the yellow wand (I forget the name) makes the secondary fire shoot four shots in a spread. However, it makes ammo infinite with this fire mode. I assume that is not right.
2) The Hunter Blunderbuss has double-shot on the primary fire and single-shot on the secondary fire. Should this not be the other way around?
Qweklain
 
Joined: 03 Mar 2018

Re: HeXeReTiC Fantasy v1.7.5.1 (Updated 7 Mar 2018)

Postby Hexereticdoom » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:01 pm

Qweklain wrote:Starting to get back into all the mods after probably 5+ years and just starting with this one. Great work there sir! A fun, fresh take while keeping Heretic classy still.

Welcome back, hope you like it and have fun! :thumb:

Qweklain wrote:There are two things I have noticed so far though in 1.7.5.

1) The Tome of Power + the yellow wand (I forget the name) makes the secondary fire shoot four shots in a spread. However, it makes ammo infinite with this fire mode. I assume that is not right.

Fixed in 1.7.5.1, which have been released some moments ago. Please check first post, and thanks a lot for the bug report! :)

Qweklain wrote:2) The Hunter Blunderbuss has double-shot on the primary fire and single-shot on the secondary fire. Should this not be the other way around?

Well, I think that depends, some other weapon addons or mods out there can take the original reference of Doom's SSG, which as you'll know it shoots both loaded shells with primary fire, however in other games the SSG-like weapon firemodes are switched in the other way.

I personally prefer the actual behaviour, it's probably a matter of taste. But also is something that can be customized making an addon with the desired weapon behaviour, or editing manually the addon file lump with SLADE tool...
User avatar
Hexereticdoom
Don't make me angry or I'll bite you! Heheheee...
 
Joined: 08 Aug 2013
Location: Spain

Re: HeXeReTiC Fantasy v1.7.5.1 (Updated 7 Mar 2018)

Postby Apaul27 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:08 pm

I really like your mod, but who made the corvus mugshot?
User avatar
Apaul27
Half Man, Half Machine, All Furry!
 
Joined: 26 Nov 2017
Location: Fighting some cats in the planet "Wool Ball", with Scott & Rebecca
Discord: #6041

Re: HeXeReTiC Fantasy v1.7.5.1 (Updated 7 Mar 2018)

Postby Hexereticdoom » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:05 pm

Apaul27 wrote:I really like your mod, but who made the corvus mugshot?

Hello, glad you like it! :D

By the way, (and sorry for the answer delay) all points that the original author of Corvus mugshot graphics is user TerminusEst13, according to next ZDoom thread:

viewtopic.php?t=37091&p=704226

And also mentioning, a small update release of H-Fantasy addon is on the way, so please stay tuned! :winker:
User avatar
Hexereticdoom
Don't make me angry or I'll bite you! Heheheee...
 
Joined: 08 Aug 2013
Location: Spain

Re: HeXeReTiC Fantasy v1.7.5.1 (Updated 7 Mar 2018)

Postby AvzinElkein » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:09 pm

Hexereticdoom wrote:
Apaul27 wrote:I really like your mod, but who made the corvus mugshot?

Hello, glad you like it! :D

By the way, (and sorry for the answer delay) all points that the original author of Corvus mugshot graphics is user TerminusEst13, according to next ZDoom thread:

viewtopic.php?t=37091&p=704226

And also mentioning, a small update release of H-Fantasy addon is on the way, so please stay tuned! :winker:

Awesome! I hope all goes well!
AvzinElkein
 
Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Discord: AvzinElkein#8621

Re: HeXeReTiC Fantasy Special Edition (Updated 12 Jul 2018)

Postby Hexereticdoom » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:51 pm

New version is up! :)

As I told a few days ago, here you have a small update of HeXeReTiC Fantasy addon but also rather special, that's because I have decided to call it 'Special Edition'. (By the way, at first it was planned to release it earlier, to be precise on the 7th of this month, however due to some problems derived with my laptop I've been forced to delay the file release, but at least the wait is now over).

So what brings this special release? Well, you can see the latest changes and features with more detail at first post, but perhaps the most important one is the ending of the addon's 1.x developing branch. So there will not be a 1.8, 1.9 or 1.10 (and so on) version of H-Fantasy in short-term; although that doesn't mean that there cannot be a future 2.0 version, but it could also take me some time to make it possible (at least until I get some new resources and having quite good ideas to implement) so you better not expect a new release within that mentioned period of time... :melancholy:

Once said that, I hope you enjoy this new update and have a good time playing with your favourite Heretic levels!

Cheerio everyone, and keep having fun! 8-)
User avatar
Hexereticdoom
Don't make me angry or I'll bite you! Heheheee...
 
Joined: 08 Aug 2013
Location: Spain

Re: HeXeReTiC Fantasy Special Edition (Updated 12 Jul 2018)

Postby AvzinElkein » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:23 am

Neat; I liked your DOOM mod as well. I can't wait to see a possible Hexen mod!
AvzinElkein
 
Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Discord: AvzinElkein#8621

Re: HeXeReTiC Fantasy Special Edition (Updated 12 Jul 2018)

Postby Ts879 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:05 am

I believe I have a problem
Attachments
Capture.PNG
why does this keep hapening?
Ts879
 
Joined: 02 Nov 2016

Re: HeXeReTiC Fantasy Special Edition (Updated 12 Jul 2018)

Postby Hexereticdoom » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:17 pm

Ts879 wrote:I believe I have a problem

Try to swap the load order of the files. Heretic WAD file must be always loaded before the H-Fantasy addon file. :!:
User avatar
Hexereticdoom
Don't make me angry or I'll bite you! Heheheee...
 
Joined: 08 Aug 2013
Location: Spain

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MaxRideWizardLord and 5 guests