Netronian Chaos V.3.4: The Final, Last, Concluding Update

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Netronian Chaos V.3.3: Time to Start the Future Year

Postby PlayerLin » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:53 am

Kicking attack? Now that's kick ass. :P
PlayerLin

Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Netronian Chaos V.3.4: The Final, Last, Concluding Updat

Postby Captain J » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:35 am

Spoiler: This is getting quite long, so going to make a spoiler of hotfixes

Oh dear oh god oh man i thought the time was plenty... But it took so long to finish. But hey, i've managed to upload the game plus added another addon that includes another 8 weapons and 17 enemies! It's Called Coup de Main! Newly added enemies are much tougher to deal with and sometimes rarely spawn. But be on your guard! And the newly added weapons will give ya some advantages, and disadvantages at the same time. You'll see why!

Also here's the changes of today's update, which it's gonna be the final:

- Download link changed! Now it's available on Itch.io and you also can donate humble ol' me a bit of 2 bucks. But no worries. It's just for a charity. You still can download mods for free.

- Suggested by my lad openroadracer, the amount of every ammo has been readjusted.

- Fixed the idle sound of explosive projectiles playing a bit longer after the explosion.

- Graphical improvement on explosion animation, bloodsplosion animation, plasmasplosion animation, and... Ehh you git the idea

- All the minor humanoid enemies now can be revived, unless they're not gibbed, burned alive or crushed like millipedes inside of the tank treads.

- decreased the volume of some idle servo and jet sound effects. Because man they eviscerate my poor eardrums for good if they're in group.

- Burst Pistol got a graphical upgrade! Looks much slicker and humble.

- Added Quick kick! Also can be affected by the Berserk, but might stop you from moving because... Well, you can't walk with only one leg.

- Added hotkey of dropping the EMP Bolt. It acts like a lantern and can be useful in dark places.

- Fixed Fierce Caliber pickup item not being picked up when you drop it... I hope so.

- Added Fancy custom decals! It's not so vanilla anymore!

- Casings like 12.7mm ones do not Stand in the place where you areeeeeee that face north anymore.

And shamefully, here's the bugs i've found during the gameplay that cannot be fixed all by myself. Help would be much needed, and appreciated for the hotfix!:

- Automatic Weapons, like Machine Carbine and Microgun Rifle with custom Hold state acts really weird, like flickers to angled frame when you click on the fire button, while zoomed and out of ammo.

- Also about both Microgun Rifle and the Annihilator, they both directly goes to Hold state after you deplete their mag in single click and then reload.

- Is GZDoom's 60fps display tricking me? The range of Soundwave Sword projectile looks somewhat shorter than Berserk one, which it wasn't intended at all. I'm pretty sure both are the same thing except Berserk one spawns smoke trail.

- Not really a bug, but i take any improvement of RNG crate spawn properly instead of using the homing projectile method. Sadly the projectile where it spawns the crate sometimes get stuck on props or the door.

Be sure to check out the OP to download! I sincerely thank you for still remembering, keep playing, nicely pampering Netronian Chaos for 3 years now. Time really goes so much quicker if you love to mod all day long♥
Last edited by Captain J on Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:25 am, edited 14 times in total.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby undeadmonk354 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:17 am

I've really enjoyed playing this game with the Coup de Main update!
There's also a chance that the Coup de main enemies could be voiced.
undeadmonk354

Discord: Crazyboy88#3491

Postby terminator44 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:12 am

This has been one of my favorite mods. Thank you for this final version.
terminator44

Postby Starman the Blaziken » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:03 pm

I was expecting a bit of something quite big if maybe about that boss enemy from the map set's secret level (Just me probably :P). But hey it is neat to see it finally done now and usually enjoy playing with the mod sometimes. :)
Starman the Blaziken

Discord: Starman The Blaziken#2417
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Captain J » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:23 pm

Thanks a ton, everyone! Hope you enjoy more and more- it was totally worth it.
Starman the Blaziken wrote:I was expecting a bit of something quite big if maybe about that boss enemy from the map set's secret level (Just me probably :P). But hey it is neat to see it finally done now and usually enjoy playing with the mod sometimes. :)
You mean Vicpaust's spaceship or Red Herring? The former is extremely big for any iwad maps and the latter is, story-wise, can't implement because she's on a different faction, it's opposing to netronian empire even. But i'm glad you like the update!
Last edited by Captain J on Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Postby Starman the Blaziken » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:49 pm

I just always liked that fight, even if it got reaaaaaly oofy with all weapons on. xD
But I figured that might of been why, even though if she was in the game files as an enemy I would summonfriend one to destroy a level for fun. :P
Always would have been cool to see more of that faction, but I am happy with the mod and the map set. Even if I like all weapons on more for the carnage. :3:
Starman the Blaziken

Discord: Starman The Blaziken#2417
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby dnkakusei » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:57 pm

dnkakusei

Discord: dnkakusei#9450
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby openroadracer » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:24 pm

So, just to ask: Does this new update, and/or the new add-on "Coup de Main", have any effects on the mapset Bungle in the Jungle?
openroadracer

Discord: Dump The Trump#5789
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby Captain J » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:40 pm

Only enemies will change, actually! And i'm considering to move the map pack to itch.io as well.
Starman the Blaziken wrote:I just always liked that fight, even if it got reaaaaaly oofy with all weapons on. xD
But I figured that might of been why, even though if she was in the game files as an enemy I would summonfriend one to destroy a level for fun. :P
Always would have been cool to see more of that faction, but I am happy with the mod and the map set. Even if I like all weapons on more for the carnage. :3:
I'll shamefully admit, i did not have enough time to finish her rotations so i just leave at that. With a good ol' wolf3d-esq 1st rotation. Also i do have plenty of macrocosmos races. See the lore at OP!
dnkakusei wrote:https://imgur.com/a/lrErfgS
Hey, it's me!
And i thank you for participating!
Last edited by Captain J on Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Postby dnkakusei » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:12 pm

dnkakusei wrote:https://imgur.com/a/lrErfgS
Hey, it's me!

Captain J wrote:And i thank you for participating!

Anytime, J!! :D
dnkakusei

Discord: dnkakusei#9450
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby That0neBr075 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:55 pm

Quality mod! Love the small movement changes, really makes the movement feel that much more fluid. That and the new weapons feel just as good as the originals. Great work!
That0neBr075

Postby Captain J » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:20 am

Much appreciated! And i would like to ask you guys about the Mechmedic. What do you think of him? Is the normal damage resistance too much? Mind that he easily can be defeated with the energy or frost weaponry.

Also i'm currently hunting down the bugs one by one. Minus the known bugs i've mentioned, please let me know if you happen to encounter any more of them.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Postby Sgt. Ham » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:24 am

The only bug I could find is that whenever a corpse is crushed by a door, It repeatedly plays the "squish" sound effect for the remainder of the level.

The MechMedic is fine by me, but that Druight might be a teensy bit harder than the champion.
Sgt. Ham

Postby Captain J » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:04 pm

that squished one was already fixed. I update the mod quite often, but thanks for pointing that out!

Also about Druight, because of its shields and high mobility, it's rather hard to damage it. But it's vulnerable once it fires a projectile. There's your chance to fry it.

EDIT: So, what do you guys think about Vedac? I wanted to make her some sort of overwhelming bullet hell enemy but i genuinely think has the slowest reaction time.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods