Netronian Chaos V.3.4: The Final, Last, Concluding Update

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Netronian Chaos : Cosmic Adventures with Wars and Aliens

Postby Captain J » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:12 am

Grammar-fixing aside, I would like to show how is making enemy sprite going;
tumblr_oxe8qxx0yM1w2wayzo1_250.png
tumblr_oybl43PsXR1w2wayzo1_250.png
And yes. The mod have been updated with at least better secret text!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Captain J
That's Amoreee
 
 
 
Joined: 02 Oct 2012
Location: A Year old Pizza Box
Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Re: Netronian Chaos : Cosmic Adventures with Wars and Aliens

Postby insightguy » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:40 am

Captain J wrote:Grammar-fixing aside, I would like to show how is making enemy sprite going;
tumblr_oxe8qxx0yM1w2wayzo1_250.png
tumblr_oybl43PsXR1w2wayzo1_250.png
And yes. The mod have been updated with at least better secret text!


Not bad! though is that the helmet or do their heads really look like that?

And is this going to be a 1:1 replacement or 1:randompool replacement?
User avatar
insightguy
^HEY! My avatar is up there^
Banned User
 
Joined: 23 Mar 2011

Re: Netronian Chaos : Cosmic Adventures with Wars and Aliens

Postby Captain J » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:21 am

1:1 replacement for now. I thought the extra enemy addon in the future.
User avatar
Captain J
That's Amoreee
 
 
 
Joined: 02 Oct 2012
Location: A Year old Pizza Box
Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Re: Netronian Chaos : Cosmic Adventures with Wars and Aliens

Postby PlayerLin » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:29 am

insightguy wrote:Not bad! though is that the helmet or do their heads really look like that?


Uh, don't Aliens looks like just...different?

Looks good, can't wait to see what they'll looks like when you finish and release them.
:P

I only hope new enemies do not drop too many ammunitions/weapons...I just sick of lot of shotgun shells in original DooM/DooM 2 like someone switched "infinite ammo" on but only for shells... :3:
User avatar
PlayerLin
 
Joined: 11 Nov 2007
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Netronian Chaos : Cosmic Adventures with Wars and Aliens

Postby Captain J » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:42 am

PlayerLin wrote:I only hope new enemies do not drop too many ammunitions/weapons...I just sick of lot of shotgun shells in original DooM/DooM 2 like someone switched "infinite ammo" on but only for shells... :3:
No worries. They won't drop so many ammo graciously!
insightguy wrote:Not bad! though is that the helmet or do their heads really look like that?
Whoops! Almost forgot to reply this question. Anyway as you can see this Picture, their head does looks like that; Big shark mouth with Compound eye on the left side. And Off-topic, but Lud call them lego oompa loompas for some reason. :P

Because... Alien stuff, honestly!
User avatar
Captain J
That's Amoreee
 
 
 
Joined: 02 Oct 2012
Location: A Year old Pizza Box
Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Re: Netronian Chaos : Cosmic Adventures with Wars and Aliens

Postby insightguy » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:35 pm

Captain J wrote:this Picture, their head does looks like that; Big shark mouth with Compound eye on the left side. And Off-topic, but Lud call them lego oompa loompas for some reason. :P

Because... Alien stuff, honestly!


So they have two eyes or one eye that can split in half? considering the eye is literally part of the mouth, either they are 2 eyes or one eye that can somehow split in half, which is really weird in a biological standpoint

And wouldn't the eye just being on the left side of their head cause perception problems?

So wait, is this a reptilian or insectisoid species?
User avatar
insightguy
^HEY! My avatar is up there^
Banned User
 
Joined: 23 Mar 2011

Re: Netronian Chaos : Cosmic Adventures with Wars and Aliens

Postby Captain J » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:39 pm

Two eyes on the left, but they act same and forms one eye. And yes, they're reptilian race with a bit of insect evolution. And they already got use to left-only sight, so they still can feel you on the right side. Just like living beings with two eyes.
User avatar
Captain J
That's Amoreee
 
 
 
Joined: 02 Oct 2012
Location: A Year old Pizza Box
Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Re: Netronian Chaos : Cosmic Adventures with Wars and Aliens

Postby Captain J » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:17 am

Netronian Progress2.PNG
Old shitty mecha sprites improved with imperialistic prejudice!

And yes, ima going to sprite 'em all.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Captain J
That's Amoreee
 
 
 
Joined: 02 Oct 2012
Location: A Year old Pizza Box
Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Re: Netronian Chaos : Cosmic Adventures with Wars and Aliens

Postby TheNightATK300 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:11 am

Ooooooh yes! They're so beautiful as dang!
User avatar
TheNightATK300
Teh person.
 
Joined: 15 Oct 2016
Discord: XSlayer300#2323

Re: Netronian Chaos : Cosmic Adventures with Wars and Aliens

Postby lwks » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:57 am

Captain J wrote:Grammar-fixing aside, I would like to show how is making enemy sprite going;
tumblr_oxe8qxx0yM1w2wayzo1_250.png
tumblr_oybl43PsXR1w2wayzo1_250.png
And yes. The mod have been updated with at least better secret text!


If my opinion is worth a shit it doesn't seems good...they don't seem too different from one another. If I had to wait ten seconds and "name" each of these sprites I wouldn't barely remember them. If you still don't get what I'm talking about let's just say that I can't notice the difference between the Squad Support Gun and the Combat Rifle if I don't look at my magazine size, I can though remember the Semi Auto Rifle, the different color plus the face on the gun deffinitely helps making that gun "rememberable". Keep this last thing as a criticism for the next update if you will.

Some things I'd like to say:

1 - Add secondary fire to the other weapons

2 - Why does the Semi Auto Rifle uses a different ammo type? It seems that I never have a decent amount of ammo for it. :(

3 - Consider a CVAR to deactivate reloading and weapon limit.

4 - Some of the weapons don't have a 100% accuracy in the first shot, and this sucks because sometimes you need to carefully and strategicaly deal with far away enemies in some maps.

5 - Write down your stuff. Itens, weapons, ammo, everything. It's good so people know what they're playing with.
User avatar
lwks
Polyglot in training...
 
Joined: 29 May 2015
Location: Fucking Brazil

Re: Netronian Chaos : Cosmic Adventures with Wars and Aliens

Postby Captain J » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:52 am

Thanks for your helpful opinion there. But you can download the addon Chronoteeth made that makes each guns' design separate. Oh, also it'll make the Burst SMG different too, just in case!

lwks wrote:1 - Add secondary fire to the other weapons
I'd like to keep the rule here; 'Only Unique, Melee, and Super Weapons have Alt-fire'.I know Hand Sweeper have Alt-fire, but It's a very reasonable case that many people suggested.
2 - Why does the Semi Auto Rifle uses a different ammo type? It seems that I never have a decent amount of ammo for it. :(
Just like the other Unique weapons, it uses own ammo. So you probably could use a different weapon until it's full or enough. When something's useful, Disadvantage always exists!
3 - Consider a CVAR to deactivate reloading and weapon limit.
Unfortunately I'm not the type of making the game able to fidget around by setting and such, no offence. And i'm sure you can un-limit the weapon limit by cheating in the console. But i'll consider about it.
4 - Some of the weapons don't have a 100% accuracy in the first shot, and this sucks because sometimes you need to carefully and strategicaly deal with far away enemies in some maps.
You mean like Heavy Pistol? I had to make it inaccurate because that would make the gun overpowered, and it's not a sniper weapon but mid-range weapon. And i'm sure you still can snipe with anything like Service Pistol or Combat Rifle.
5 - Write down your stuff. Itens, weapons, ammo, everything. It's good so people know what they're playing with.
I'll consider about that. When i finish the enemy sprite and stuff!

Once again, thanks for your feedback!
User avatar
Captain J
That's Amoreee
 
 
 
Joined: 02 Oct 2012
Location: A Year old Pizza Box
Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Re: Netronian Chaos : Cosmic Adventures with Wars and Aliens

Postby PlayerLin » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:23 am

Captain J wrote:Thanks for your helpful opinion there. But you can download the addon Chronoteeth made that makes each guns' design separate.


I think he means the NC enemies designs, not the weapons. :roll:

Captain J wrote:
lwks wrote:1 - Add secondary fire to the other weapons
I'd like to keep the rule here; 'Only Unique, Melee, and Super Weapons have Alt-fire'.I know Hand Sweeper have Alt-fire, but It's a very reasonable case that many people suggested.


I don't get it, why needs more alt-fires? Too many of them may cause confusing and some weak ones may nobody cares, and balances problem is other mess.

Just looks at the AEOD mod...maybe not all of them have alt-fire/special attacks but you should get my idea, too many weapons, means weapon functioning messes and the balance may just throw out of window. :3:

Captain J wrote:
lwks wrote:3 - Consider a CVAR to deactivate reloading and weapon limit.
Unfortunately I'm not the type of making the game able to fidget around by setting and such, no offence. And i'm sure you can un-limit the weapon limit by cheating in the console. But i'll consider about it.


I would suggest using the engine cheat(console) if tired about the 6 weapons limitation, just open the damn console and input...

Code: Select allExpand view
bind Z "take WeightToken 6"


...then press Enter and every time you needed more NC weapons, just press Z and you can pick more. (Can change the Z to other key if needed, the old keybind will erases so make sure the key is not bind already.)

Or just just "give all" in console and you have all NC weapons and ammo.

But, if Captain J still want do a CVAR or something more convenient then I'm fine with that. :)

Captain J wrote:
lwks wrote:4 - Some of the weapons don't have a 100% accuracy in the first shot, and this sucks because sometimes you need to carefully and strategicaly deal with far away enemies in some maps.
You mean like Heavy Pistol? I had to make it inaccurate because that would make the gun overpowered, and it's not a sniper weapon but mid-range weapon. And i'm sure you still can snipe with anything like Service Pistol or Combat Rifle.


In my own opinion, 100% accuracy will make those weapons(not only HP) overpowered, at least for DooM monsters(I hate to say, even SSM and Cybie just like shitty clowns on these powerful NC weapons!)...but when NC's enemies completes, maybe this problem would getting better...I hope. :p

====

Just a (silly?) question : Does those NC enemies do totally random spawns or have tier-based/monster-type based spawns? Or players can do customizing the spawn setting if possible?
User avatar
PlayerLin
 
Joined: 11 Nov 2007
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Netronian Chaos : Cosmic Adventures with Wars and Aliens

Postby Captain J » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:06 am

PlayerLin wrote:I think he means the NC enemies designs, not the weapons. :roll:
Yes, i know. But the point is i only replied 'Can't notice the difference between the SSG and the CR' part. :?

Besides, i haven't shown the enemies with such guns yet haven't named/replaced all of them yet.
I don't get it, why needs more alt-fires? Too many of them may cause confusing and some weak ones may nobody cares, and balances problem is other mess.
Yeah. That's what i actually thought. I say, The more the merrier, but know the limit until it gets messier!
I would suggest using the engine cheat(console) if tired about the 6 weapons limitation, just open the damn console and input...

Code: Select allExpand view
bind Z "take WeightToken 6"
That sounds not bad, actually! Still i'm weighing my options here. But this code might be useful.
In my own opinion, 100% accuracy will make those weapons(not only HP) overpowered, at least for DooM monsters(I hate to say, even SSM and Cybie just like shitty clowns on these powerful NC weapons!)...but when NC's enemies completes, maybe this problem would getting better...I hope. :p
In my extra-opinion, They're still clown to me because accurate first shots already exists in vanilla doom! And that's why chaingun is mostly useful in sniping situations.
Just a (silly?) question : Does those NC enemies do totally random spawns or have tier-based/monster-type based spawns? Or players can do customizing the spawn setting if possible?
They will replace each one of the monsters, i'm afraid! However i have planned to work on more. I'm going to make an addon that includes more weapons/monsters soon after i'm done with other mod. Thanks for the comments!
User avatar
Captain J
That's Amoreee
 
 
 
Joined: 02 Oct 2012
Location: A Year old Pizza Box
Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Re: Netronian Chaos : Cosmic Adventures with Wars and Aliens

Postby lwks » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:07 am

Netronian Chaos has three different Sub Machine Guns

One is a SMB that has a 25/250 ammo poll, that feels nice to fire and shot a EMP as a Secondary Fire (Dunno what it is certainly but it kills things...sometimes it has AEOE...I think...)
The second one is a normal SMG.
And the third SMG is just like the second one but burst fires.
You see?

That's why I asked for more Alt-Fires. In my mind modders should operate in two ways
1 - Few weapons, but each one unique, made for different purposes
2 - A lot of weapons, but each one does something a little diffent

I think it should work like this so you have a reason to chose one over another, not because they have a different number on a attribute, like a little bit more damage or more accuracy, but because they ACT different. They player shoudn't chose something over attributes (which may cause a mathematical decision, Extra Credit has a video about it on YouTube if I'm not mistaken, migh check it out), but rather because it is different, resulting in a interesting decision. To me the second and the third SMG are almost inexistent (sorry if I'm being rough), but that's what I'm talking about, why chose something that it's not interesting, they don't have a secondary fire. I know, the Semi Automatic Rifle don't, and the only difference is that it has firemodes, which isn't surprising, but it HAS, not to mention that the visual alone of that gun is enough to buy me. It's a rifle that it's not white and has a face.

It reminds me of a Hyperion gun in Borderlands 2 that talks. THE GUN FUCKING TALKS DUDE AND I REMEMBER IT AND ITS MANUFACTOR EVEN AFTER YEARS! This is what you should aim for, making the players remember your guns, because having 2x or something weapons in your mod isn't a big deal if people like to use just Z of those guns (kindda assuming my opinion as a universal fact here just for the sake of argument plz don't kill me it has a lot of cool weapons).
User avatar
lwks
Polyglot in training...
 
Joined: 29 May 2015
Location: Fucking Brazil

Re: Netronian Chaos : Cosmic Adventures with Wars and Aliens

Postby PlayerLin » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:26 am

Hmm, sounds like it still too early to talking about NC enemies...just forgot what silly me said about that. :p

Captain J wrote:In my extra-opinion, They're still clown to me because accurate first shots already exists in vanilla doom! And that's why chaingun is mostly useful in sniping situations.


That's so true! lol
I wonder if disable Autoaim do "fix" this or not...like give any of NC weapon this flag...

But, removing Autoaim may removing the fun too...

Captain J wrote:They will replace each one of the monsters, i'm afraid! However i have planned to work on more. I'm going to make an addon that includes more weapons/monsters soon after i'm done with other mod. Thanks for the comments!


Okay. I would very interest about that one. But just take your time please!

===

Burst SMG is useful for pinned enemies down, while the normal SMG may not be able do that.
But, I kinds of understand your point(s), lwks. Since the normal SMG just totally useless when I have EMP one or Burst one, it may needed something special, like better aiming or can fire 40mm grenade/something like that, or even have night visions as its secondary attack.

But you know, I think those slot 7/8 weapons should make player knows them......like the POA-1X Fierce Caliber's alt-fire, even it got nerfed already.:p

Just my silly 2 cent. :)

Sadly, never played Gearbox Shovelware's Borderlands so no idea about your example.
User avatar
PlayerLin
 
Joined: 11 Nov 2007
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: baddude1337, Blazink, Bochulain, doomduck, Funky Gnoll and 20 guests