Netronian Chaos V.3.57: The Final, Last, Concluding Update

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Gollgagh

Re: Netronian Chaos V.3: Cosmic Adventures With no Tendencie

Post by Gollgagh »

PlayerLin wrote:I remember the weapons system in NC doens't works like DooM, so IDKrisis, your idea of pick the ammo that weapons you don't have isn't easy to achieve.
Sure it is!

Make a new "Empty" class for each weapon something like this (notice how it doesn't give ammo on pickup)

Code: Select all

ACTOR EmptyV74ARifle : FakeV74ARifle
{
    States
    {
    Pickup:
        NASR Z 0
        NASR Z 0 A_JumpIfInventory("V74ARifle",1,"NotPickup")
        NASR Z 0 A_JumpIf(GetCvar("netroweaplimit") == 1,"LimitlessPickup")
        NASR Z 0 A_JumpIfInventory("WeightToken",6,"NotPickup")
    LimitlessPickup:
        NASR Z 0 A_PlaySound("Weapons/V74ARifle/Clipin")
        NASR Z 0 A_GiveInventory("V74ARifle",1)
        NASR Z 0 A_GiveInventory("WeightToken",1)
        Stop
    }
}
Then, at the Pickup label in each weapon, instead of failing the pickup immediately, check ammo and if not full, spawn the new Empty weapon to replace the Fresh/Used weapon.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

I'm afraid i already changed the mechanism of weapon collecting! It's called Weapon Vacuum system. CVAR based just like the weapon limit one, able to turn off/on also able to collect ammo when you have weapon that shares the exact same ammunition as picked up one.

Like i said, Next Monday might Surprise you with great justice!
PlayerLin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Post by PlayerLin »

Well, I feel silly now when someone pointed out it's possible but whatever.
Captain J wrote:I'm afraid i already changed the mechanism of weapon collecting! It's called Weapon Vacuum system. CVAR based just like the weapon limit one, able to turn off/on also able to collect ammo when you have weapon that shares the exact same ammunition as picked up one.

Like i said, Next Monday might Surprise you with great justice!
Wow, that's sounds great, can't wait when the update release on Monday. :D
Tesculpture

Post by Tesculpture »

Captain J wrote:Like i said, Next Monday might Surprise you with great justice!
I look forward to being surprised with great Just-Juice.
Captain J

Re: Netronian Chaos V.3.1: Project Manhattanova

Post by Captain J »

eilidhishereagain.PNG
Cool Beans, a Bitchin' Update!

I have been taken your feedback and implemented some of the best ones. I really appreciate your endless support for this mod and for now, lemme tell you about the changes;

Code: Select all

Enemies:

- Made Sapper run slow, also made Swidga slow AND more Vulnerable

- Ranger and Recon does secondary attack, and drops different type of weapon upon death

- Added A_Chase("","") to every enemies' See State rather than just adding A_Jump in their Missile State. Probably will look much better now.

- Fixed some floating enemies stopping their servo sounds... Finally i think

- Net8BitVek is less aggressive

Items:

- Backpack randomly drops Digitalknife, Burst Pistol or the Sparkplug Bomb when spawned

Misc:

- All Gore props are replaced

Weapons:

- The Projectile Spawn Adjustments of some weapons are re-adjusted

- Coil Carbine's puff explosion damage and the Annihilator's flame damage has been increased a bit

- Sparkplug Bomb does less damage to the player and can fly a bit further. Also the damage has been slightly increased

- Heavy Pistol, VAR Semi-Auto Rifle, PDA and Riotgun's damage slightly increased

- Now you can Unload the dropped certain weapons that shares the same ammunition, but have to turn on manually
And one more thing... This is probably going to be the last update. Because i have more important stuff to do than just modding, i probably should make my own game! Kinda future plan. So i probably only fix some problems for now on. Custom Mutators or Fan stuff would be grateful!

1st Post has been updated. Re-Download and thanks again for your support!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Nevermind i'm a dumbass
Last edited by Captain J on Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Captain J wrote:One more thing... I have no idea, but seems like GZDoom V3.5.0 is causing some big problem; you can't pick up the weapon that belongs to same slot despite you have enough space for weight tokens. Turning on Weapon Vacuum works, but it doesn't work when it's turned off. I'm trying to fix it but it's still unclear...

If anyone got a better solution or eager to fix this problem, please consider PM me! Thanks!
I haven't experienced anything like that one the devbuild, or are we talking about the stable release?

Also, how do you unload weapons?
Last edited by Gideon020 on Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Nevermind i'm a dumbass

EDIT: Frankly you can't Unload weapons because i'm not intrigued to add such features since you just can vacuum the weapons to unload now. Sorry 'bout that.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Nevermind i'm a dumbass
PlayerLin

Post by PlayerLin »

I played a bit with gzdoom-x64-g3.6pre-16-gd121fa21b and I can picked up slot 3 and slot 5 weapons without any of problems...I even tried 32bit version exe also no problem...

So I have totally no idea about your problem...

Load Main pk3 and ExtraBombmeter, with CC2 WAD.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Shit... Yeah, i'm really sorry for causing such a ruckus. It turns out that my hard drive stored the wrongfully edited old one. Version 3.1 uploaded on mediafire IS the one i should've saved it. I'm not sure why did i mistaken like this, but yeah. It's still perfectly working.

Anyway like i said, i'm not intrigued by adding Unload feature because now you can collect ammo by vacuuming the dropped weapons. Please understand!
PlayerLin

Post by PlayerLin »

Captain J wrote:Shit... Yeah, i'm really sorry for causing such a ruckus. It turns out that my hard drive stored the wrongfully edited old one. Version 3.1 uploaded on mediafire IS the one i should've saved it. I'm not sure why did i mistaken like this, but yeah. It's still perfectly working.

Anyway like i said, i'm not intrigued by adding Unload feature because now you can collect ammo by vacuuming the dropped weapons. Please understand!
Good to know you solved your problem and it's not something just broken by Engine update.

But, I actually not sure what "you can collect ammo by vacuuming the dropped weapons" means even you keeps say it over and over...? :3:
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

PlayerLin wrote:
Captain J wrote:Shit... Yeah, i'm really sorry for causing such a ruckus. It turns out that my hard drive stored the wrongfully edited old one. Version 3.1 uploaded on mediafire IS the one i should've saved it. I'm not sure why did i mistaken like this, but yeah. It's still perfectly working.

Good to know you solved your problem and it's not something just broken by Engine update.

But, I actually not sure what "you can collect ammo by vacuuming the dropped weapons" means even you keeps say it over and over...? :3:
It's like in vanilla Doom: If you collect a weapon while you already have a copy of that weapon, you still get its ammo.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

AvzinElkein said it right... But close enough. I mean, if you pickup a weapon while you already have another weapon that shares the same ammo, you get its ammo instead. It can be toggled in the Options. It's named Weapon Vacuum because your character is able to pickup the certain weapons on the map, endlessly until ammo is all filled up, like an Electric Vacuum sucking out all the dust.

Sorry for my lame english and the explanation. Again, it's not my first language.
PlayerLin

Post by PlayerLin »

Okay, thanks your answers, I understand now, I do think about it already exists since the first version but it's not after I checked old versions.

Well, about the difficulty problems on some "hard" mapset WADs, I think......when in doubt, use Sparkplug!disable weapon limit and it's all set! :P

Return to “Gameplay Mods”