Netronian Chaos V.3.57: The Final, Last, Concluding Update

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
lwks

Re: Netronian Chaos : Cosmic Adventures with Wars and Aliens

Post by lwks »

In my own opinion, 100% accuracy will make those weapons(not only HP) overpowered, at least for DooM monsters(I hate to say, even SSM and Cybie just like shitty clowns on these powerful NC weapons!)...but when NC's enemies completes, maybe this problem would getting better...I hope. :p
I'm not talking about a weapon having 100% accuracy. Did you know that the first bullet a Pistol/Chaingun fires has a accuracy of 100%? That's what I'm talking about, not the overall accuracy of a weapon, just the first shot it fires, which are meant to be precise. The other day I was playing Netronian Chaos with a mapset (can't remember which) and I had to waste a lot of bullets to snipe some enemies, thing that wouldn't have happened if I were playing vanilla Doom, which would have costed me just a few bullets.

I'll go ever farther and say that some mappers may design maps having this mechanic in mind. And the fact that you can only have 6 guns at once in Netronian means that if this problem were to be corrected it should be applied to the most number of weapons as possible.
Burst SMG is useful for pinned enemies down, while the normal SMG may not be able do that.
I wouldn't say so. I think both normal SMG are almost the same thing reggarding PainState on enemies. The burst one has a burst, fine, but you have a short interval between bursts, which is a window for the enemy to start a attack animation, thing that doesn't happen with the normal SMG because it has a more reliable FireRate that doesn't stop until your magazine is empty, leaving enemies with less reaction time (and it has a bigger magazine =) ).
But you know, I think those slot 7/8 weapons should make player knows them......like the POA-1X Fierce Caliber's alt-fire, even it got nerfed already.
Yeah, I know that the Uber weapons are cool, but the thing is that most of the time I find myself using the generic SMGs and Rifles, which I don't find very fun.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

lwks wrote:I'm not talking about a weapon having 100% accuracy. Did you know that the first bullet a Pistol/Chaingun fires has a accuracy of 100%? That's what I'm talking about, not the overall accuracy of a weapon, just the first shot it fires, which are meant to be precise. The other day I was playing Netronian Chaos with a mapset (can't remember which) and I had to waste a lot of bullets to snipe some enemies, thing that wouldn't have happened if I were playing vanilla Doom, which would have costed me just a few bullets.
The funny thing is, you can do the first accurate shot by just pressing the fire key once in NC. And of course, Zooming, by pressing Weapon Zoom key does help to make the weapons very accurate. For example, have you tried to zoom and then fire with Service Pistol? It's way accurate than any other Slot 2 weapons.
I'll go ever farther and say that some mappers may design maps having this mechanic in mind. And the fact that you can only have 6 guns at once in Netronian means that if this problem were to be corrected it should be applied to the most number of weapons as possible.
Thanks to Slot 6 weapon limit, you have to be more tactical, gather some weapons you've got or search for more. Maybe it's very unnecessary, but it's kinda better than selecting through the slot-maze until you select the weapon you wanted.
I wouldn't say so. I think both normal SMG are almost the same thing reggarding PainState on enemies. The burst one has a burst, fine, but you have a short interval between bursts, which is a window for the enemy to start a attack animation, thing that doesn't happen with the normal SMG because it has a more reliable FireRate that doesn't stop until your magazine is empty, leaving enemies with less reaction time (and it has a bigger magazine =) ).
But at least Burst SMG is at least accurate weapon in the Slot 4 weaponry. When All else fails, Firing Burst SMG with zooming might hurt any enemies in far distance. And small ammo capacity of magazine with higher accuracy means easier to spend ammo less. Right?
Yeah, I know that the Uber weapons are cool, but the thing is that most of the time I find myself using the generic SMGs and Rifles, which I don't find very fun.
Well, Super weapons are for sticky horde situations or an unfair boss battle, after all. And i think some maps are very hard and intended to use the BFG.
PlayerLin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Post by PlayerLin »

I noticed small bug since I were tried the mod first time, but silly me just keep forgot to say, since it just didn't affect gameplay or something, just unable to get 100% items in the first level after start a new game.

Every time start a new game(via menu, via console with "map" command), a invisible/non-exist count item added to the map but unable to get because not exist(I do iddt x2 cheat, and found nothing, but the item count always like 9/10, just a count item left but no count item exist on the map at all) as the item count added 1 after level loads.

How to reproduce :
1. Load NC mod with DooM 2 IWAD(DooM 1/Final DooM also happens).
2. Go to Map01, and after level loads, you can enable the item count display on automap or Alt-HUD, you will see 0/10. (Only 9 count items in Map01 of DooM 2!: 1 Armor bonus and 8 Health bonus)
3. Play the level, try to get 100%, but end up only got 90% of items(9/10).

Sorry long post for a small glitch... :3:
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

I GOT IT! I got it... It was all Sparkplug bomb's fault; somehow flagged as COUNTITEM. So i set the flag minus and it's already fixed.

So, i'm going to update this mod eventually. So hope you guys let this slide for a moment!
Last edited by Captain J on Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

lwks wrote:Netronian Chaos has three different Sub Machine Guns etc etc
And i somehow forgot to see your reply there. I'll change my mind now if it's okay and i gotta be honest, i'm not a big fan of burst SMG. Like you said, almost same as Machine Carbine except the burst fire. And i know the color is pretty much same, but that's not the point to make the gameplay different imo. Also i'm probably sure the other weapons are having the same issue.

Anyway i'll keep that in mind. I'll try to make the weapon different somehow.
VecterStroke

Post by VecterStroke »

How about a nail-gun for one of the smgs? Its primary fire is slower, but its secondary fire is a burst of three nails
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Nails? Hmm... What about projectile bullets? I'm sure they'll work fine in the mod.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

I think that's what they meant actually, some kinda projectile weapon that fires sprited nail projectiles or something.

Joke idea: Twin-linked 12.7mm Gattling guns for those who want to cosplay as the Heavy Arms Kai. :D

Or maybe some kinda Powered Armour like out of Guncaster. Increased movement speed, increased damage resistance, and with a long enough timer that it's functionally unlimited?
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Gideon020 wrote:I think that's what they meant actually, some kinda projectile weapon that fires sprited nail projectiles or something.
For some reason i thought he meant about the actual nails, Graphically. But i've got the point and i'm thinking about it.
Joke idea: Twin-linked 12.7mm Gattling guns for those who want to cosplay as the Heavy Arms Kai. :D
Joke addon for the mod maybe? :O
Or maybe some kinda Powered Armour like out of Guncaster. Increased movement speed, increased damage resistance, and with a long enough timer that it's functionally unlimited?
One of the mod's suit, COSARM might be fitting. But again, making an addon about this would be neat.
PlayerLin

Post by PlayerLin »

I were thought about give normal SMG an alt-fire for something like just totally heavy burst firing with very high speed and immediately empty the entire magazine, but then I saw you said you're not fan of burst SMG...... :3:

Nail gun, maybe just cliché? But not a bad idea...
Or maybe something special...like Hellbolt in Hell-forged project (silly me didn't realized this mod is my cup of tea until recently it resumed development again), but it may not fit NC's style for sure...sorry I want suggest something but just cannot found a good example... :(
VecterStroke

Post by VecterStroke »

Some more ideas I have:
Make the heavy pistol a revolver. To me reloading the the current heavy pistol one bullet at a time does not seem logical.
Have a secondary fire for the burst pistol be full auto.
Naniyue

Post by Naniyue »

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL looking weapons! Keep it up!
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Captain J wrote:
Gideon020 wrote:
Joke addon for the mod maybe? :O
One of the mod's suit, COSARM might be fitting. But again, making an addon about this would be neat.
COSARM has me curious and if you do have that as a joke addon, maybe turn the Spark Bomb into a barrage of mini-rockets, hahaha. :D
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

That sounds kinda neat. Another development for later!
Naniyue wrote:Absolutely BEAUTIFUL looking weapons! Keep it up!
Thanks! :D
VecterStroke wrote:Some more ideas I have:
Make the heavy pistol a revolver. To me reloading the the current heavy pistol one bullet at a time does not seem logical.
Have a secondary fire for the burst pistol be full auto.
And that's the point of being SCI-FI gun; Weapons with Unconventional mechanics! And i'm not sure about the lesser suggestion.
PlayerLin wrote:I were thought about give normal SMG an alt-fire for something like just totally heavy burst firing with very high speed and immediately empty the entire magazine, but then I saw you said you're not fan of burst SMG...... :3:
Not yet, but Burst SMG's going to be projectile-based, that's for sure.
PlayerLin

Post by PlayerLin »

Captain J wrote:Not yet, but Burst SMG's going to be projectile-based, that's for sure.
Okay, just asking, decided about what kind of projectile yet? :3:

Return to “Gameplay Mods”