Netronian Chaos V.3.57: The Final, Last, Concluding Update

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
PlayerLin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Re: Netronian Chaos : Cosmic Adventures with Wars and Aliens

Post by PlayerLin »

marco.nadal.75 wrote:
Brohnesorge wrote:The weapon slot system just simply doesn't work. If you have six weapons and then drop one to get a new one, it doesn't clear a slot and you can only pick up the weapon you dropped. Even going to the next level doesn't help; you can drop a weapon, end the level, then be stuck with 5 weapons, unable to pick up anything.
This. I have this exact same problem, as described, wether i use the default drop weapon function or the mod-specific one at the bottom of the list, it makes no difference. I'm using doom2.wad and GZDoom latest build (https://devbuilds.drdteam.org/gzdoom/gz ... 07c3291.7z). Also the mod's "just drop" function is unusable, as the player picks up the weapon as soon as he drops it.
I cannot get Brohnesorge's problem reproduce-able, whatever I drop any of weapons and then pickup others immediately when I'm full, it just fine, with latest GZDooM dev. build and NC mod v2.5.

Using the default drop weapon function is BAD, do not use that whatever you do, since it do not clear the mod's weapon token(WeightToken), when its amount is 6, you cannot pick up any of NC weapons. Even you later decide to use the mod's drop weapon function.

How to solve this problem if you already used default drop weapon function, just drop all your NC weapons(use GZDooM's default or the mod's one), open the console, input...

Code: Select all

take WeightToken 6
and press enter, then it should be fine again.

If you still cannot use NC mod's drop weapon function, try input below in console...

Code: Select all

give Action_dropweapon
and press enter, and that function should working again.

Some mods/maps(with scripts) do clear player's inventory will cause NC's Action_dropweapon item get removed, have to re-add it manually to recover the drop weapon function.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

PlayerLin said it really correctly here. And it should help to clear the stuck weapon limit problem. And no, you should never use Default drop key because it'll drop weapon without taking your weight token, that handles the overall weapon limit.

Just press F1 for help!
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Captain J wrote:PlayerLin said it really correctly here. And it should help to clear the stuck weapon limit problem. And no, you should never use Default drop key because it'll drop weapon without taking your weight token, that handles the overall weapon limit.

Just press F1 for help!

Out of curiosity, will the Netronian Enemy Pack be stand-alone or integrated into the base mod when completed?
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Since the word, Netronian is in the mod's name, they'll be included in the next update.

And i'm thinking about addon that adds extra weapons and enemy, too. But not prepared yet!
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Captain J wrote:Since the word, Netronian is in the mod's name, they'll be included in the next update.

And i'm thinking about addon that adds extra weapons and enemy, too. But not prepared yet!
Huh, that oughta be cool.

And if you do additional weapons, make sure the total number remains a multiple of six, to keep things neat. :geek:
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Not-so special update, but now you can see the Ammo icon changes, depends on what weapon you've switched.

Many thanks for Insightguy's support!
Doomenator

Post by Doomenator »

Captain J wrote:...
Do you plan to add light for weapons, items and effects?
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

When i finish for enemy sprites, sure.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

This update is not really special, especially the custom enemy one. But i really enjoyed Terminusest13's Stream. He played my mod and i've detected some errors during the video! And the problem is;
- Some Spelling errors. Or should i say, Engrish. And they're fixed a bit.
- Coil Carbine wasn't strong enough and yet it was kinda glitchy. But not anymore... I think.
- Permanently added Read This! On the Menu screen. You'll need it when F1 key is not working.

There you go. Check out the first page to download!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Now finally Netronian Chaos has GL Lights and other fancy flickers, many thanks to Skelegant! I'm still busy working on the enemy sprites and more, but thankfully he helped me with this update and it's here.

Check out the first post to download!
Doomenator

Post by Doomenator »

Captain J wrote:Now finally Netronian Chaos has GL Lights and other fancy flickers, many thanks to Skelegant! I'm still busy working on the enemy sprites and more, but thankfully he helped me with this update and it's here.
Nice. :)

I made endpics patch for Ultimate Doom & Chex Quest. (Credits: Captain J, iD Software.)
I asked, but in the end I had to do it myself. :D
Attachments
NC_endpic_patch.pk3
(76.86 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Oooh, you mean the ending sequence. I appreciate your effort. However, i already thought up the concept for all game mode's ending!

But hey, people might find this helpful while i'm working on it more. Thanks!
Doomenator

Post by Doomenator »

Captain J wrote:Oooh, you mean the ending sequence. I appreciate your effort. However, i already thought up the concept for all game mode's ending!

But hey, people might find this helpful while i'm working on it more. Thanks!
Ok.
Because the mod does not contain bright maps, can you add bright for the bonus items and health kits, like armor? I think to do gl light for them is not correct. But in the dark you can't see these items.
You can also add a small ambient green light for a laser knife, as alternative for a flashlight. :D
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Alright, Doomenator. I updated some items to glow just like other items. Re-Download, please!
Doomenator

Post by Doomenator »

Captain J wrote:Alright, Doomenator. I updated some items to glow just like other items. Re-Download, please!
Spoiler:

Return to “Gameplay Mods”