Netronian Chaos V.3.57: The Final, Last, Concluding Update

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Apaul27
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)
Location: Fighting some cats in the planet "Wool Ball", with Scott & Rebecca

Re: Netronian Chaos V.3: Cosmic Adventures With no Tendencie

Post by Apaul27 »

Your mod is AWESOME!
Metalworks41190

Post by Metalworks41190 »

I have an Idea for a feature if it hasn't been thought of, have button that lets you unload your gun.
shadstarn

Post by shadstarn »

do you have a discord?
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Check out my profile.
AvzinElkein wrote:Just this one: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=59912 I was also playing on 3.3.0
Hmm. As long the mod combination never crashes nor interrupts the gameplay, i guess it's all-fine, as Mr. Wildweasel said. So yeah. Don't worry and have fun!
Apaul27 wrote:Your mod is AWESOME!
Thankie!
Metalworks41190 wrote:I have an Idea for a feature if it hasn't been thought of, have button that lets you unload your gun.
Not sure. Since you still can collect ammo around the map.
Tesculpture

Post by Tesculpture »

You've done an excellent job with this! It reminds me a lot of late 90s/early 00 console shooters, like GoldenEye 64 and Syphon Filter. The Digital Spork made me laugh as well.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Thanks! Glad ya like it. However i never thought about those games, but they're relative enough, i guess! Anyway more stuff will coming soon.
m8f

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro Linux

Post by m8f »

Captain J wrote:Anyway more stuff will coming soon.
Cool!
If you are planning an update, can you consider replacing sprites for dead bodies decorations (things 10, 15, 18-23, 25-26 from this list)? It is strange to see a dead caco in a map full of Netronians. I think a lot of existing artwork can be reused for this.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Yeah. I have thought about that. In Addon, they'll be all replaced.
will183
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Win-10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by will183 »

Weapons only?
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

m8f once said wrote:consider replacing sprites for dead bodies decorations (things 10, 15, 18-23, 25-26 from this list)? It is strange to see a dead caco in a map full of Netronians. I think a lot of existing artwork can be reused for this.
Including weapons and corpses, i'm going to add more enemies as well.
Gollgagh

Post by Gollgagh »

What are the dead marines going to be?

I used Eilidh's death sprite in my personal copy, but I guess Macrocom soldiers would make more sense than just having dead terrans all over the place.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Yes, yes. I do aware that dead marines needs to be replaced too. I'm going to replace EVERY dead corpses in the vanilla doom. However i'm working on other doom mod project, please sit and wait until the next update happens.

I already got this covered, but not yet. In the meantime, have fun!
Tesculpture

Post by Tesculpture »

Actually I know what this really reminds me of now - Red Faction 1 and 2. The design of the weapons and enemies (though obviously not the art style) is a lot like those games.

Some new enemy types would be welcome, due to the fact you can only pick up guns for ammo if you are carrying that specific gun, and not just one that uses the same ammo. For example, the Burst Pistol is only useful if you also carry a Service Pistol, because if you don't, you can't get ammo for it by picking up the countless Service Pistols that enemies drop. The same goes for the Hand Sweeper and Riot Gun, or the Burst SMG and Machine Carbine.

Do you think you could include an enemy that drops the Digital Blade too? That way, if you ditch the blade to open up a slot but decide you want it back a few levels later, you have a means to re-obtain it.
Maxed poin

Post by Maxed poin »

This mod is great. That’s all I have to say
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Thanks a ton. Glad you like it!
Tesculpture wrote:Actually I know what this really reminds me of now - Red Faction 1 and 2. The design of the weapons and enemies (though obviously not the art style) is a lot like those games.
Red Faction series is fascinating game with interesting storyline. What i really based on however, is 80's/90's SCI-FI anime stuff. They also have mecha stuff that shoots bullets, missiles and more!
Some new enemy types would be welcome, due to the fact you can only pick up guns for ammo if you are carrying that specific gun, and not just one that uses the same ammo. For example, the Burst Pistol is only useful if you also carry a Service Pistol, because if you don't, you can't get ammo for it by picking up the countless Service Pistols that enemies drop. The same goes for the Hand Sweeper and Riot Gun, or the Burst SMG and Machine Carbine.
I'm thinking about making expansion pack later. I had the same problem and i would like to add new enemies with a-bit rare weapons and the regular one that old enemies couldn't have.

And if you want to gather some ammo from dropped pistol and other weaponry in easy way, just drop the weapon you have and grab the dropped different ones.
Do you think you could include an enemy that drops the Digital Blade too? That way, if you ditch the blade to open up a slot but decide you want it back a few levels later, you have a means to re-obtain it.
Sadly Digitalblade only belongs to Gaian soldiers like eilidh. However i'm considering about making it spawn together with the backpack.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”