Netronian Chaos V.3.57: The Final, Last, Concluding Update

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
floatingfinger

Re: Netronian Chaos V.3: Cosmic Adventures With no Tendencie

Post by floatingfinger »

I didn't think this was going to be my cup of tea, so happy to be wrong. It's like playing a 90s saturday morning cartoon show... only netronian has better animation and action, and probably voiceacting.

Only minor wish is that the weapon limit was a range rather than boolean. I'd like to play with the limit on but 6 feels to be too low a ceiling, 8 would be more my speed.

Look forward to new stuff, thanks for the grins!
shadstarn

Post by shadstarn »

Captain J wrote:Much appreciated, Shivers! Thank you so much for playing my mod. And yeah, i definitely hope someone can make mappack, mutator... Or maybe another mod that goes well with this mod. Oh ye, i can't wait!
shadstarn wrote:i absolutly love this mod!
is it possible that you make a more adult or less humorous version? the drawn theme is so nice and so fluid !
i like it! but he version i had had no cartoony enemies... i must check the top thread again.
i can totally see more mods done with this style ! i wish you all the best forward.
Sadly i prefer my story... Silly and hilarious despite it's all related to drama and war. But if there's anyone eager to make the mod really serious, be my guest! And thank you-
i didnt mean right now i meant in the future ...make another mod with this style that is more serious .
also could you release the enemy mod only? because i like hte enemies in this mod
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Serious stuff is not really my thing, but maybe!
floatingfinger wrote:I didn't think this was going to be my cup of tea, so happy to be wrong. It's like playing a 90s saturday morning cartoon show... only netronian has better animation and action, and probably voiceacting.

Only minor wish is that the weapon limit was a range rather than boolean. I'd like to play with the limit on but 6 feels to be too low a ceiling, 8 would be more my speed.

Look forward to new stuff, thanks for the grins!
Thank you so much for playing, my good friend! And i found 6 slot maximum is more cautious and less-confusing. 8 might be better, but could make the gameplay a bit tepid. So yeah, i'd like to see such mutator or something like that!

And i know what you're thinking. But the funny thing is, this mod is based on 80's SCI-FI and SF Anime shows! So that's why they all have anime-related sound effects. Chi-Ching.
floatingfinger

Post by floatingfinger »

Captain J wrote:
And i know what you're thinking. But the funny thing is, this mod is based on 80's SCI-FI and SF Anime shows! So that's why they all have anime-related sound effects. Chi-Ching.
That's funny, I originally hadn't tried this because I thought it would be too anime for me but didn't really get that vibe when I played it. I think you got yourself a pretty unique aesthetic going on here, whatever it is.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Yeah well, i like it a bit equally toned down. Because too much or not, the mod might lose some style it has. Anyway i'm so glad you played my mod nonetheless!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

So far i enjoyed NC gameplay with BTSX Episode 1. It's been really challenging due to their fast speed and no infighting involved, but it was great. I once heard that custom map pack for this mod is in progress. I say i hella can't wait!! :D

In the meantime, i've recently updated the mod. Some new changes are;
- The Bug that makes Rhel floats in the mid-air upon death is fixed
- Spawning chances of Sapper's Homing Missile increased
- You cannot stop the Boss monsters' killer moves but actually killing them
- Calmel is now more aggressive
- Rhel's Projectile is a bit slower
- Calmel now drops Tri-Desolator, but very rarely
- Breakfast Gibbing sound plays louder

So that's it. Re-Download again for the update! And thanks for playing my mod still.
PlayerLin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Post by PlayerLin »

Captain J wrote: I once heard that custom map pack for this mod is in progress. I say i hella can't wait!! :D
Now this is interesting, I would like heard more about that. :P

Again, that's updating the mod, I just needed find some time to try it again...since NC monsters happened, I cannot load Super Sonic DooM or Colorful Hell again as the NC monsters never show out in them from some reasons...just not sure what mapset I should try...yet... :3:
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

PlayerLin wrote:I cannot load Super Sonic DooM or Colorful Hell again as the NC monsters never show out in them from some reasons...just not sure what mapset I should try...yet... :3:
That's because recent update now have custom monsters that corrupts the SSD data. I'm afraid you still should play this mod with no enemy replacements. V.2.5 is still available on the first page.

... However, Replacing vanilla doom monster sprites into NC ones might be at least doable!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Oooh my, for some reason i didn't noticed certain problems this mod had, but i fixed it. The problems fixed were;

- When Ver.57 Burst Pistol's magazine has only 2~1 bullets and all spent, it stays slightly zoomed out and never able to turn back until you fire again.
- Rhel's hovering sound suddenly stop sometimes. I hope i fixed it right.

Aaaand that's about it. Please Re-Download mod again on the 1st page!

Also... I've got some question to yo lads. What do you think of Coil Carbine, a Railgun that shoots blue stuff? Do you think it needs more damage?
Skelegant
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Skelegant »

Yes please, while it feel great to fire, the damage output is kinda underwhelming as is. The double barreled shotty feels a little weak too, buffing it might not work but adding some short range high powered hitscans might do the trick (that way you'd have to get right up in the enemies' business to get the extra damage in)
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Alright. Thanks for your suggestion. After some fix, i've updated the mod once again; Coil Carbine's damage has buffed and so is Sweeper. However, just like what you told me, it deals extra-damage up close. And the shot scatters more wider so you can handle the multiple enemies with ease.

Re-Re-Re-Download again, if interested. Thank you!
Gollgagh

Post by Gollgagh »

Forgive me, J, for I have committed heresy.

The plethora of weapons was confusing my tiny peabrain, so I attempted to pare down the weaponset down to something approximating the original Doom set (I kept weapons for both the SMG and LMG slots though). I also folded the Anaika dagger into the M101 so that running out of Anaika daggers defaults to the Digital Blade, and picking up Anaika daggers quick switches to those daggers.

Dropbox
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Well this is one piece of art. This might be useful when people having hard time with the weapon switching. So yeah, nicely done!
Gadosen

Post by Gadosen »

Captain J wrote:Image
So far i enjoyed NC gameplay with BTSX Episode 1. It's been really challenging due to their fast speed and no infighting involved, but it was great. I once heard that custom map pack for this mod is in progress. I say i hella can't wait!! :D

In the meantime, i've recently updated the mod. Some new changes are;
- The Bug that makes Rhel floats in the mid-air upon death is fixed
- Spawning chances of Sapper's Homing Missile increased
- You cannot stop the Boss monsters' killer moves but actually killing them
- Calmel is now more aggressive
- Rhel's Projectile is a bit slower
- Calmel now drops Tri-Desolator, but very rarely
- Breakfast Gibbing sound plays louder

So that's it. Re-Download again for the update! And thanks for playing my mod still.
I'm having an issue while trying to load with BTSX... the sprites of the healths, armors and the explosive barrels are not being swapped by the ones in NC. Am I loading something wrong? Or is my GZDoom version wrong?
m8f

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro Linux

Post by m8f »

You're probably loading BTSX after Netronian Chaos. Try loading Netronian Chaos after BTSX.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”