Netronian Chaos V.3.57: The Final, Last, Concluding Update

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Netronian Chaos V.3.57: The Final, Last, Concluding Update

Post by Captain J »

ImageImage Version. 3.57 (Cacoward Awarded in 2018)

GOOD DAY, LADIES AND LADS! After 5 years of redesigning, pondering, looking for feedback and suggestions, i finally made this little Gameplay doom mod with plenty of inspirations. Like mspaint-themed doom mods! And yet i take feedback too. However i could not adjust or add some of them to the mod. Because i kinda want this mod to be classic and stable. Also... Version 3.4 will be the last and the final update of this mod. Because i would like to work on other stuff! Nah, not really. It turns out i still have to update it because i'm seeing some errors and glitches. But i still accept bugfixes and such suggestions. That might be super awesome.

Features:
- Collect, use and Scud through levels with over various 24 weapons(you have to drop, yes. But still 24 is big number. Right?)!
- Less-Awkward and remixed anime sound effects and styles!
- all made out of mspaint, but with extra details and colors!
- Another heroine bandwagon for doom mod!
- Feel the Maximum power of SparkPlug Bomb. Press Activate Item Key to plant!
- You can control your movement in the mid-air. Bid Farewell, Woeful Vanilla Doom Platforming!
- The new enemy replacements are tougher and has own techniques. Be on your guard!
- New hot keys added, finally! You can now kick while wielding any weapon and put EMP Bolt a good use: A glowy lantern that lives quite long!
- Introducing the new addon to the Mod, Netronian Chaos: Coup de Main! It adds extra 17 enemies and 8 weapons and replaces the existing cutscenes into something different. See the download link!
- Lacks animations overall!

Spoiler: What's going on with the story and the characters
Spoiler: Screenshots(Played with back to saturn x episode 1)
Spoiler: Obvious Q & Obvious A
Spoiler: Credits(taken from txt. file inside of the folder)
Head to my Itch.io webpage! It has both Addon and the Main Mod. Happy heroic fragging!

P.S: Do not get confused with Default ZDoom Drop Weapons key and the mod's Drop key. They're completely different and pressing Default one will cause the error. Press F1 for Help.

Plus, i'm going to post some Mutators i've made here too;Some mutators discontinued, separated from the itch.io webpage:

Personal Colors(Recolors Ver. 74 Combat Rifle and Version. 80 Burst SMG)
Extra Bomb Meter(Adds Another SparkPlug Bomb Meter on the left)
Wave Attack!(Contains only enemies from both the main mod and coup de main. Not supposed to load with the main mod!)

And here are some Obsolete, but Obliged Old versions;

Version 1.5
Version 2
Version 2.5
Version 3
Version 3.1
Version 3.2
Version 3.3
Version 3.4
Version 3.5
Version 3.51
Version 3.52
Version 3.53(If anyone has this version please do let me know!)
Version 3.54
Version 3.55

Version 3.56(final previous version)

2ND P.S: I was exhausted with real life stuff and couldn't progress on, so i translated the whole Netronian Chaos Storyline instead. It's all english now and good to read. Check this out if ya want!

Breaking News!! Skelegant and I worked on some map pack only for this mod. Check this out!
Bungle in the Jungle has been updated, migrated to Itch.io! Please be sure to check out my Itch.io webpage.
Last edited by Captain J on Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:59 am, edited 84 times in total.
Outtagum

Re: Netronian Chaos : Cosmic Adventures with Wars and Aliens

Post by Outtagum »

This looks interesting. Can I ask, though, is it compatible with Chex Quest? I always feel MSP mods work better for me in that setting. :)
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Huh. I've seen some mspaint themed mod compatible with Chex Quest, but i never thought about that. That's the idea... Perhaps i can make it work with Chex Quest!
Gadosen

Post by Gadosen »

This looks really interesting... downloading :D
Outtagum

Post by Outtagum »

Captain J wrote:Huh. I've seen some mspaint themed mod compatible with Chex Quest, but i never thought about that. That's the idea... Perhaps i can make it work with Chex Quest!
That would be great if you can. :)

CQ has a nice cartoony look, some great music and a fun vibe. I wish it got more attention...

EDIT: Just a little correction if you're interested: The secret message should read as:

"Their secret HAS been..." not "Their secret HAVE been..."

The word "have" in this instance is plural, suggesting more than one secret was discovered. :)
Redead-ITA

Post by Redead-ITA »

I have a bug to report apparantly you the 6 weapons slot system kinda breaks itself if you drop the weapon then very quickly exit the level
You still have 5 weapons but the counter says you have 6 and you can't grab any other weapons not even dropping your equipped weapons will fix it
but you can still grab the ones that you have dropped from your equippement
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

I understood crystal clear what you said... Maybe. Do you mean weapon limits breaks when you exit the level after dropping the weapon quickly as possible?

You know what? I've tried that. Dropping each weapons quickly as possible... But nothing else just happened and they works fine to me. Can you explain this bug more?
Outtagum wrote:EDIT: Just a little correction if you're interested: The secret message should read as:

"Their secret HAS been..." not "Their secret HAVE been..."

The word "have" in this instance is plural, suggesting more than one secret was discovered. :)
Heh. The thing is, i pondered for 20 minutes which one is right... But oh boy i was wrong!! English is fun!

Anyway i might fix that altogether with Chex compability patch.

EDIT: Maybe my computer is still running with Window XP on a potato, but can you guys check is your game crashes when you type 'kill monsters' in the console? When i type it in water-related maps, it suddenly crashes.

EDIT2: Whoopsity Whoops, my bad. The game actually crashes when tons of gibs lands on the watery terrain. But i already fixed that so the next update will be arrived soon!
Last edited by Captain J on Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

Just gave this a whirl. I like the feedback you gave for the MSPaint guns. Hope you have some MSPaint enemies to use them on in the next version.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Thanks a lot! Hope you liked it.

Anyway i updated this mod at last. Now it's officially V.1 Now! And here's the Changelog;
- Now typing kill monsters in the console won't crash the game, even on watery maps... I hope!
- Compatible with Chex Quest! If you want to play the game more simpler, grab some Chex and take it for a breakfast ride!
- Fixed some Spelling errors Outtagum pointed out. Thanks, bud!
- Also Casings and Magazines won't gonna splash when hitting the watery terrain anymore. Because you know, safety!

Download Link updated. Check out the first post! And probably i've missed some bugs i should fix. Lemme know.
Goregrinder

Post by Goregrinder »

I like this mod, the weapons look good and feel good and there's a lot of variety.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Thanks a lot! I do like the weapon variety of this mod has. And i'm pretty sure the enemies would be various as well-

Oh, and if you guys wants to play this mod for a while, i'm looking for volunteers who can make the gameplay videos out of this mod. If anyone is listening and interested, PM me!
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

this is pretty good! sound design is spot on, nice balance even with all the weapons, really solid man!

couple lil factors tho that are not much of an annoyance

-SSG feels like it'd so benefit from a double shot alt fire
-every weapon key from 1-8 has 3 weapons, except key 4? not the biggest issue but it is a bit jarring
-switching key 5 weapons, especially from the HMG to the AK is confusing since they look similar
-speaking of which, ejection port of the ak on the left side, yet doesnt move and eject, and the casings come from the right?
Outtagum

Post by Outtagum »

It's great that it's now compatible with Chex Quest. I've played through the first episode and haven't encountered any problems.

There does seem to be an issue when one picks up a key - The HUD doesn't update to show the pick up. Also, the episode titles are from Doom. However, neither are game-breakers and I'm sure you've got better things to bother about than making the game 100% CQ compatible. After all, I'm probably the only person on the forum who cares about this working with CQ! :)

Thanks so much for taking the time to make and share this. :)
zrrion the insect

Post by zrrion the insect »

I've been looking forward to this! Glad to see it released. I'll have to give it a whirl soon.
Brohnesorge
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Win10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Brohnesorge »

The weapon slot system just simply doesn't work. If you have six weapons and then drop one to get a new one, it doesn't clear a slot and you can only pick up the weapon you dropped. Even going to the next level doesn't help; you can drop a weapon, end the level, then be stuck with 5 weapons, unable to pick up anything.
Ignore that I'm an idiot and didn't scroll down far enough in the controls.

Its too bad because the weapons are all really fun and the mod is otherwise really well put together.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”