Netronian Chaos V.3.57: The Final, Last, Concluding Update

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
JimmyJ

Re: Netronian Chaos : Cosmic Adventures with Wars and Aliens

Post by JimmyJ »

PlayerLin wrote:Even with 6 weapon limitation, I tend like feel I cannot run out of ammo after played some levels of TNT.WAD(I haven't try a lot yet...but man, just a lot of shotguns laying around...)
Maybe just because there are not enough of powerful monsters I guess or it may changes after later levels(in MAP15 now, just no time to play it yet :(), or maybe I should try some harder WADs... :3:

But you know, if someone hates this 6 weapons limitation, just open console and input "give all" and have fun with all weapons on hand. :P
If you're hankering for a tougher challenge for now I've been having great results pairing this with Colourful Hell, it should give you plenty more to shoot at. :)
PlayerLin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Post by PlayerLin »

Captain J wrote:Eey you said it right. Although you only can carry 6 weapons, but they have their own advantages and enough damage to cover. Also, ammo droppings are pretty hefty in each maps.

Well, the enemies i'm creating right now would be very stronger than vanilla ones.
Yes, but not in the Icon of Sin battle, screw that piece of shit, since only rocket launcher works better, like vanilla DooM. :P
(Keep murders my poor Eilidh when try to using slot 8 weapon's alt-fire to kill those summoned monsters...)

I hope the new enemies won't suffer ammo problem like vanilla monsters, and maybe replaces the shitty IoS battle with something else... :3:
JimmyJ wrote: If you're hankering for a tougher challenge for now I've been having great results pairing this with Colourful Hell, it should give you plenty more to shoot at. :)
Well, if I can load Colourful Hell with NC mod then I would try. :p
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Have to say, Fierce Caliber's a big heavy-metallic bitch when she comes to finale. :P
JimmyJ wrote:If you're hankering for a tougher challenge for now I've been having great results pairing this with Colourful Hell, it should give you plenty more to shoot at. :)
Huh. Never knew Colorful Doom is compatible with my mod too. And i also hope it can make some challenge for the gameplay, too.
PlayerLin

Post by PlayerLin »

Captain J wrote:Have to say, Fierce Caliber's a big heavy-metallic bitch when she comes to finale. :P
JimmyJ wrote:If you're hankering for a tougher challenge for now I've been having great results pairing this with Colourful Hell, it should give you plenty more to shoot at. :)
Huh. Never knew Colorful Doom is compatible with my mod too. And i also hope it can make some challenge for the gameplay, too.
You would surprise about how well your mod's compatibility. :p
At least not some heavy mod like AEoD, that ass seems not working at all...
Spoiler:
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

You know what? I used to work on the compability patch for SSD, that replaces weapons into other mod's weapons many years ago... But then i realized myself it's WAY too confusing and time-wasting to make it functional. And i abandoned my dream and not even touching it anymore.

After seeing the screenshot, it seems it's running nicely with NC. But i bet some weapons didn't spawned correctly; Pistol, Railgun, Rocket ammo and Rocket Launcher is custom. I tried to replace them with my knowledge, but failed.
PlayerLin

Post by PlayerLin »

Captain J wrote:You know what? I used to work on the compability patch for SSD, that replaces weapons into other mod's weapons many years ago... But then i realized myself that it's WAY too confusing and time-wasting to make it functional. And now i abandoned my dream and not even touching it anymore.

Although it's running nicely, but i bet some weapons didn't spawned correctly; Pistol, Railgun, Rocket ammo and Rocket Launcher is custom. I tried to replace them with my knowledge, but failed.
SSD weapons still spawned and can be used, just NC's new HUD can't handle their ammo display.(I load Sonic.WAD[dated 2017/10/05 from /idgames] first then NC wads, for proper weapon switching or you can't switch to some NC weapons)

I'm on STZ Act 1(Map05) now, I found the BOSS on SFZ Act 2(Map04) acting weird...its attack just spawn 5 or 6 of SS Nazis......WHAT?! O_o
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Wawawawait. Sonic Doom have been recently updated? How? I didn't even heard the news about it! And it's again, recently updated! So is this true? Does weapons including Railgun and Pistol replaced into NC ones correctly?

If so, i might give it an another chance!
PlayerLin

Post by PlayerLin »

This is re-post, sorry I didn't get what's you ask so I misunderstood... :(
Captain J wrote:Wawawawait. Sonic Doom have been recently updated? How? I didn't even heard the news about it! And it's again, recently updated! So is this true? Does weapons including Railgun and Pistol replaced into NC ones correctly?

If so, i might give it an another chance!
https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/level ... wads/sonic
The textfile said "Updated Sep 2017 with fixes for the official GZDoom 3.1 version." but the Sonic.WAD dated 2017/10/05 just as I said, so I think it did updated.

But sadly, only SSD weapons drops by enemies still change to NC ones(even the SSD plasma gun from Special Stage 1, if I didn't got the weapon due already 6 weapons/ammo full then it counts fail to got the bonus...) So I guess if you want made a patch for running NC with SSD, you may needed take care about those pickup actors with NoGravity like Rocket1(a rocket)/Rocket5(box) and "No-Gravity Weapons and Ammo" in SSD's DECORATE definition, as I seems those weapons/items are for SSD only and may won't be replaced by NC.
(I see rocket and rocket boxes laying around on STZ Act 1[Map05] so I guess it didn't changed)

I also found annoying about the GallantrySerum(Berserk replacer), after get it, the screen tint just goes so BLUE...and it even make me see shit hardly at all...also after complete a level, replaced keycards still exist due name changed(SSD's script just don't know and do nothing), it's fine for me as I can do manual remove them by using conosle("printinv" and "take")...

EDIT: Spoiler about the RL and rocket boxes laying around in STZ Act 1...
Spoiler:
I like play SSD with NC as it's fun and enough hard, just some compatibility problems(above and some bosses acting weird). :p
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Well, about those problems... It cannot be helped, i guess. Also i still have to work on the enemy sprites that we're really waiting for. But still, it's gonna be a good experience and i say, good luck!
PlayerLin

Post by PlayerLin »

Captain J wrote:Well, about those problems... It cannot be helped, i guess. Also i still have to work on the enemy sprites that we're really waiting for. But still, it's gonna be a good experience and i say, good luck!
Right, NC enemies should be take care first then other things so I'm fine. :)

I just found the showstopper at STZ Act 2(Map06, if I don't cheat), the purple key just fall into the inescapable toxic pool, since it should be hang on ceiling and using spring to get, well, at least I can continue with cheats. :3:
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Hope you having fun while playing SSD, lad! I recently beaten the mod with AtM. And yeah, i finally managed to replace the Bazooka, Railgun and the others. Although i had to put +NOGRAVITY for some weapons and ammo to make them hanged in chain tight.

How did i replaced 'em all? Here's how!;

Code: Select all

ACTOR SonicClipSpawner Replaces Clip2
{
	States
	{
	Spawn:
		TNT1 A 0
		TNT1 A 1 A_SpawnItemEx("Clip")
		Stop
	}
}

ACTOR SonicShotgunSpawner Replaces Shotgun2
{
	States
	{
	Spawn:
		TNT1 A 0
		TNT1 A 1 A_SpawnItemEx("Shotgun")
		Stop
	}
}

ACTOR SonicSSGSpawner Replaces SuperShotgun2
{
	States
	{
	Spawn:
		TNT1 A 0
		TNT1 A 1 A_SpawnItemEx("SuperShotgun")
		Stop
	}
}

ACTOR SonicChaingunSpawner Replaces Chaingun2
{
	States
	{
	Spawn:
		TNT1 A 0
		TNT1 A 1 A_SpawnItemEx("Chaingun")
		Stop
	}
}

ACTOR SonicChainsawSpawner Replaces Chainsaw2
{
	States
	{
	Spawn:
		TNT1 A 0
		TNT1 A 1 A_SpawnItemEx("Chainsaw")
		Stop
	}
}

ACTOR SonicHandgunSpawner Replaces Handgunn
{
	States
	{
	Spawn:
		TNT1 A 0
		TNT1 A 1 A_SpawnItemEx("Pistol")
		Stop
	}
}

ACTOR SonicHandgunSpawner2 Replaces Handgun
{
	States
	{
	Spawn:
		TNT1 A 0
		Stop
	}
}

ACTOR SonicHandgunSpawner3 Replaces Handgun2
{
	States
	{
	Spawn:
		TNT1 A 0
		Stop
	}
}

ACTOR SonicPlasmaSpawner Replaces PlasmaRifle2
{
	States
	{
	Spawn:
		TNT1 A 0
		TNT1 A 1 A_SpawnItemEx("PlasmaRifle")
		Stop
	}
}

ACTOR SonicPhoenixRodSpawner Replaces PhoenixRod
{
	States
	{
	Spawn:
		TNT1 A 0
		TNT1 A 1 A_SpawnItemEx("RocketLauncher")
		Stop
	}
}

ACTOR SonicPhoenixRodSpawner2 Replaces Bazookaa
{
	States
	{
	Spawn:
		TNT1 A 0
		Stop
	}
}

ACTOR SonicPhoenixRodSpawner3 Replaces Bazooka
{
	States
	{
	Spawn:
		TNT1 A 0
		Stop
	}
}

ACTOR SonicPhoenixRodSpawner4 Replaces Bazooka2
{
	States
	{
	Spawn:
		TNT1 A 0
		Stop
	}
}

ACTOR SonicPhoenixRodSpawner5 Replaces Railgun2
{
	States
	{
	Spawn:
		TNT1 A 0
		Stop
	}
}

ACTOR SonicBFGSpawner Replaces BFG90002
{
	States
	{
	Spawn:
		TNT1 A 0
		TNT1 A 1 A_SpawnItemEx("BFG9000")
		Stop
	}
}

ACTOR SonicPhoenixRodAmmoSpawner Replaces PhoenixRodAmmo
{
	States
	{
	Spawn:
		TNT1 A 0
		TNT1 A 1 A_SpawnItemEx("RocketAmmo")
		Stop
	}
}

ACTOR SonicPhoenixRodAmmoSpawner2 Replaces PhoenixRodHefty
{
	States
	{
	Spawn:
		TNT1 A 0
		TNT1 A 1 A_SpawnItemEx("RocketBox")
		Stop
	}
}

ACTOR SonicPhoenixRodAmmoSpawner3 Replaces Rocket1
{
	States
	{
	Spawn:
		TNT1 A 0
		TNT1 A 1 A_SpawnItemEx("RocketAmmo")
		Stop
	}
}

ACTOR SonicPhoenixRodAmmoSpawner4 Replaces Rocket5
{
	States
	{
	Spawn:
		TNT1 A 0
		TNT1 A 1 A_SpawnItemEx("RocketBox")
		Stop
	}
}

Oh, also you should add +NOGRAVITY for some items and weapons from the weapon mod, too.
And i'm sorry if it's getting off-topic. But just wanted to tell PlayerLin that running SSD with other weapon mods are possible!... Well, if you know how to edit.
potetobloke
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by potetobloke »

Congrats, Captain J!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Oh yeah! I was about to post it, but you did it! I'm so thankful for his awesome and detailed review. And it makes me feel great to work on the enemy sprites and such, and he'll be surprised once again when i'm done with them-
PlayerLin

Post by PlayerLin »

Captain J wrote:Hope you having fun while playing SSD, lad! I recently beaten the mod with AtM. And yeah, i finally managed to replace the Bazooka, Railgun and the others. Although i had to put +NOGRAVITY for some weapons and ammo to make them hanged in chain tight.

How did i replaced 'em all? Here's how!;
<code removes>
And i'm sorry if it's getting off-topic. But just wanted to tell PlayerLin that running SSD with other weapon mods are possible!... Well, if you know how to edit.
I'm not sure it's off-topic, as it still about your NC mod, isn't it. :p
(Well, I'm sure it's possible if edit the code, but you know, even without those non-replaced items, ammo still so plenty.)

Sadly, I encountered the second and totally showstopper at SWZ Act 1(Map19), nears the end of level(player needed go into the Lava and lost anything, weapons, items, whatever tokens from NC too)...after that, the "just drop it(weapon)" function just lost and never be able pick up weapons after 6 weapons limitation reached when I'm in SWZ Act 2(Map20)...the game just unplayable now, I still try to finger out how to get that function back... :3:

Also, the Cyro grenade bouncer do not give player any score when killed enemies with it, for unknown reason...

EDIT:

Code: Select all

Give "Action_DropWeapon"
Fixed that showstopper problem by added back the "function" and "token" items back via console, and it seems working fine again. Hmm, hope I can complete SSD today, and then maybe try to mess around with its code for more compatibility with NC. :p

EDIT 2 : DO NOT use Give "WeightToken", or lost a slot you can use(5 weapons and the game said you're full), just Give "Action_DropWeapon" should be enough, I'm sorry I did screw up this. :|
Last edited by PlayerLin on Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

PlayerLin wrote:I'm not sure it's off-topic, as it still about your NC mod, isn't it. :p
(Well, I'm sure it's possible if edit the code, but you know, even without those non-replaced items, ammo still so plenty.)
Heh. I guess you're right. :P
Sadly, I encountered the second and totally showstopper at SWZ Act 1(Map19), nears the end of level(player needed go into the Lava and lost anything, weapons, items, whatever tokens from NC too)...after that, the "just drop it(weapon)" function just lost and never be able pick up weapons after 6 weapons limitation reached when I'm in SWZ Act 2(Map20)...the game just unplayable now, I still try to finger out how to get that function back... :3:
That's indeed sad. Jumping onto lava only takes your weapons away, not with weapon tokens. And i somehow want to make the compatibility patch for SSD that works fine with other weapon mods. But once again, i'm pretty busy with the enemy sprites. And Sky City Zone Act 2 Boss is kind of a showstopper, too.
Fixed that problem by added back the "function" and "token" items back via console, and it seems working fine again. Hmm, hope I can complete SSD today, and then maybe try to mess around with its code for more compatibility with NC. :p
Also, the Cyro grenade bouncer do not give player any score when killed enemies with it, for unknown reason...
Hmm. At least it worked. And about their ice-death, i guess giving you score after freezing them was never meant to be implemented.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”