Netronian Chaos V.3.57: The Final, Last, Concluding Update

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
YukesVonFaust

Re: Netronian Chaos : Cosmic Adventures with Wars and Aliens

Post by YukesVonFaust »

PlayerLin wrote:
GRUARRR wrote: I have a question, I see an icon in the taskbar that looks like a grenade or a rocket and I can have a maximun of 6 I think. This icon means that I have grenades? How can I launch them?
It can be fired with Alt. fire of PDA, but I'm not sure what's that...shocking grenade or something like that? :3:
EMP Bolts.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

A Severally, Stun-Locking Dangerous EMP Bolts.
GRUARRR

Post by GRUARRR »

All clear then. Thank you all for replying!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

asd.png
asd.png (4.08 KiB) Viewed 1090 times
Finally working on the Netronian enemies. But time's gonna get spent.
BobBarker

Post by BobBarker »

Really like the mod, I think the limited weapons adds interesting strategy to the game. Dropping your weapons for alternative ammo mid-combat can be fun, though sometimes frustrating especially with shotguns.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Yeah, i can understand that. I tried to make shotgun/rifle weapons collectible together, but it could waste your favorite gun. But thanks for playing!
Outtagum

Post by Outtagum »

I just wanted to pop in and say thanks again for the green mutator. I took my laptop to school on Friday and the kids loved it! They didn't quite grasp the weapon limit/dropping thing but they're young so I'm sure they'll work it out soon enough (their wee brains are like sponges that absorb everything!).

You'll be pleased to know that NC usurped Mario Kart as the most popular game on Friday afternoon in my class. So, it's official - your mod is better than Nintendo! :P

PS: Good luck with your enemy sprites.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

So don't tell me, you're teacher? If so, hoh wow. I didn't know that! And i'm so glad to hear that the kids loves my little humble mod!

And yeah, once my enemy sprites are all done, they'll definitely love it!
Outtagum

Post by Outtagum »

Yeah, I am... I must've done something really bad in a previous life! :P

The kids do really like it. The good thing is that they can be the harshest of critics. If they don't like something, they're quick to let you know!

I told one of the kids that you were still working on the mod. He then asked me if he was a beta tester. I said he was indeed testing 'beta' software. You've never seen a kid be so proud of himself. It's like he's reached some hardcore game-geek inner circle! It was very sweet. :)
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Hoh oh me goodness, Aaaaa i'm so flattered! He really is a proud beta-player. Kudos for him!

And indeed it's still unfinished; I haven't even made one completed enemy sprite for this mod yet!
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Outtagum wrote:Yeah, I am... I must've done something really bad in a previous life! :P

The kids do really like it. The good thing is that they can be the harshest of critics. If they don't like something, they're quick to let you know!

I told one of the kids that you were still working on the mod. He then asked me if he was a beta tester. I said he was indeed testing 'beta' software. You've never seen a kid be so proud of himself. It's like he's reached some hardcore game-geek inner circle! It was very sweet. :)
Were they playing it with straight Doom or were you using Chex Quest?
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Yeah. And the kids loved it!
PlayerLin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Post by PlayerLin »

Even with 6 weapon limitation, I tend like feel I cannot run out of ammo after played some levels of TNT.WAD(I haven't try a lot yet...but man, just a lot of shotguns laying around...)
Maybe just because there are not enough of powerful monsters I guess or it may changes after later levels(in MAP15 now, just no time to play it yet :(), or maybe I should try some harder WADs... :3:

But you know, if someone hates this 6 weapons limitation, just open console and input "give all" and have fun with all weapons on hand. :P
Outtagum

Post by Outtagum »

Gideon020 wrote:
Outtagum wrote:Yeah, I am... I must've done something really bad in a previous life! :P

Were they playing it with straight Doom or were you using Chex Quest?
Chex Quest along with the green splatter mutator that Captain J so kindly created for them. :)
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

PlayerLin wrote:Even with 6 weapon limitation, I tend like feel I cannot run out of ammo after played some levels of TNT.WAD(I haven't try a lot yet...but man, just a lot of shotguns laying around...)
Maybe just because there are not enough of powerful monsters I guess or it may changes after later levels(in MAP15 now, just no time to play it yet :(), or maybe I should try some harder WADs... :3:

But you know, if someone hates this 6 weapons limitation, just open console and input "give all" and have fun with all weapons on hand. :P
Eey you said it right. Although you only can carry 6 weapons, but they have their own advantages and enough damage to cover. Also, ammo droppings are pretty hefty in each maps.

Well, the enemies i'm creating right now would be very stronger than vanilla ones.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”