Netronian Chaos V.3.57: The Final, Last, Concluding Update

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: Netronian Chaos V.3: Cosmic Adventures With no Tendencie

Post by Captain J »

Yeah that happens. BTSX has Dehacked files that changes actors and such, so it needs to be loaded properly.
m8f

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro Linux

Post by m8f »

While I'm here, I'd like to thank Captain J for Netronian Chaos! It is immeasurably awesome! The art style, the sounds, the weapons, so cohesive and fresh. And challenging! I even had to switch to HNTR. Those netronians are as dangerous as they are cute.
Spoiler: Warning: self-promotion!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

You're welcome! And glad you still enjoying my humble mod. And yes, they're cute but deadly. And some of them has bigger muscle and guns than us!

And pardon my ignorance, but what HNTR means?
m8f

Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro Linux

Post by m8f »

HNTR - Hey, not too rough (second easiest difficulty in Doom). In terms of NC, "With Honor.".
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Aaaah, that difficulty. I only played every maps with Ultra Violence difficulty. In terms of NC, "Bring it.". Sometimes it's hard to understand some acronyms. And yeah, NC is quite challenging.
Turret49

Post by Turret49 »

Anyway to set the field of view on the TITLEMAP? I play with a lower FOV than default, and it made elements of the intro get cut off. My Stillbob setting also made the graphics slowly bob up and down, but that's not as much an issue. Can camera actors use a set FOV, maybe?
[imgur]https://i.imgur.com/jr9qESN[/imgur]
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Hmm. That's a first to me. Anyway the intro is specifically adjusted for Default FOV setting. You may adjust your FOV setting to Default for nominal gameplay. Thanks!
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

My muse seems entirely convinced that these orange alien psychotics are perfect fodder for future fanfiction ideas.

Only thing she wants now is some kind of Word Of God on the universe, such as what the hell is Annihilium and how is it made, and small things like that. :P

I blame you and will discuss with you on Discord at some point. :D
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

And yes, Macrocosmic fanatics and zealots will live and prosper. However this mod is all about neronians doing some massive mischief. But that sounds like a good idea- :D
Skelegant
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Skelegant »

I'd love to see a CJ Universe Bible made at some point, you've got more races, planets, weapons etc than Lord of the Rings and it' be amazing to see all that info compiled into one place. It could even become the base for a classic pen and paper RPG! :D
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

I tried loading it w/ the original DOOM, and I got errors (haven't started the game yet): https://imgur.com/PokNlhJ
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

AvzinElkein wrote:I tried loading it w/ the original DOOM, and I got errors (haven't started the game yet): https://imgur.com/PokNlhJ
These errors are absolutely harmless. At least try playing the game before you post about these things. :?
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Skelegant wrote:I'd love to see a CJ Universe Bible made at some point, you've got more races, planets, weapons etc than Lord of the Rings and it' be amazing to see all that info compiled into one place. It could even become the base for a classic pen and paper RPG! :D
Funny you should say that, I was just thinking about trying my hand at a Netronian PnP RPG homebrew, with the Muse suggesting it be called 'Netronian Conquest: Cosmic Wars Of Chaos And Heroics!' along with suggestions to integrate further elements such as power-armour, playing as a robot (for those who want to be the Calmel), and likely discussing with J about how the Netronian Empire is laid out, who else is part of the Macrocosmos races, and why Humans have gone back to 1980's style.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Skelegant wrote:I'd love to see a CJ Universe Bible made at some point, you've got more races, planets, weapons etc than Lord of the Rings and it' be amazing to see all that info compiled into one place. It could even become the base for a classic pen and paper RPG! :D
Hahahahahah, yeah. Gideon told me something about that on Discord. Sounds excellently fun. Although i can't work on it all by myself. However i all-welcome the volunteers! That would be soooo amazing.
AvzinElkein wrote:I tried loading it w/ the original DOOM, and I got errors (haven't started the game yet): https://imgur.com/PokNlhJ
Funnily enough, i never seen those errors except the key replacements for chex quest and coil carbine's rail adjustment. Is there any mod you running along with NC?
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Captain J wrote:
Hahahahahah, yeah. Gideon told me something about that on Discord. Sounds excellently fun. Although i can't work on it all by myself. However i all-welcome the volunteers! That would be soooo amazing.
Funnily enough, i never seen those errors except the key replacements for chex quest and coil carbine's rail adjustment. Is there any mod you running along with NC?
Just this one: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=59912 I was also playing on 3.3.0

Return to “Gameplay Mods”