Netronian Chaos V.3.57: The Final, Last, Concluding Update

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
PlayerLin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Re: Netronian Chaos : Cosmic Adventures with Wars and Aliens

Post by PlayerLin »

Captain J wrote: That's indeed sad. Jumping onto lava only takes your weapons away, not with weapon tokens. And i somehow want to make the compatibility patch for SSD that works fine with other weapon mods. But once again, i'm pretty busy with the enemy sprites. And Sky City Zone Act 2 Boss is kind of a showstopper, too.
Good to know you would do compatibility patch for SSD. Again, the patch can wait, you should complete the NC enemies first, I can wait. :D

Other showstopper, take noted, I will mind about that when in SCZ Act 2. :)

Captain J wrote:Hmm. At least it worked. And about their ice-death, i guess giving you score after freezing them was never meant to be implemented.
Hmm, the original mod doesn't give score by let the freeze trap kill enemies in Crystal Palace Zone too, but then I won't use this weapon since I'm scoring whore. :P
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Yeah, that happens. So you'd better careful about that if you want some big high score.
PlayerLin

Post by PlayerLin »

Well, just finished SSD...I have a lot of fun. Even keeps get killed and reload savegame then shit happens again and again...
Spoiler:
Time for more messing around. :3:
MasterOfPuppets86

Post by MasterOfPuppets86 »

I've noted that if you use the secondary fire of the Handsweeper you fire from the left barrel, but if you reload without firing the other one, the right shell gets replaced instead.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Hmm. I didn't know that. I thought it was a correct move. I'll fix that later.
Spoiler: Replies to PlayerLin
Anyway, glad you beaten SSD, man! It's glitchy and frustrating sometimes, but it's very fun and challenging mod.
MasterOfPuppets86

Post by MasterOfPuppets86 »

Nevermind what I said, I just realized the chambers are on a hinge, not a rail. I thought they slid out at first.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Yeah, chambers are indeed attacted to a single hinge; you must roll the chambers upside down, oppositely to reload.
PlayerLin

Post by PlayerLin »

Captain J wrote: I do aware that Fierce Caliber is way too strong to handle. I think i should make some penalties for slot 8 weapons later.
Hmm, not sure about all slot 8 weapons need nerfs, like the one using 12.7mm explosive ammo, it still not so powerful like the other two I guess, sure, no reloading is great but ammo just not easy to find like other 2 energy-ammo ones.

The 9mm burst pistol just worst one I think, hard to find until very late of levels.
(In my SSD run, the TNT IWAD run nearly never see it for some reasons, maybe RNG hates me.)
Its firepower also meh, needed 15-18 of ammo to take down a lost soul... :o
(I know it's good for those zombies but I keep got .44 drops so... *sigh*)

Also, since Service Pistol never spawns, are you considering it won't be dropable or do spawns? Because sometimes I encountered a very rare situation which I run out all my weapons' ammo but 9mm, and I have no 9mm weapons, my Service Pistol just throw away some levels ago for pick up other weapon. And no slot 1 weapon drops on that level, still some enemies needed to take care.
Yes, I know it's rare, but you never know when RNG decided to do silly shit on you. :3:
Spoiler: reply about SSD shit
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

PlayerLin wrote:Hmm, not sure about all slot 8 weapons need nerfs, like the one using 12.7mm explosive ammo, it still not so powerful like the other two I guess, sure, no reloading is great but ammo just not easy to find like other 2 energy-ammo ones.
I see. Heavy Vulcan's shot is weaker than Anti-Armor Rifle for reasons. You just can mow down the hordes and even can murder SMM without any thoughts.
The 9mm burst pistol just worst one I think, hard to find until very late of levels.
(In my SSD run, the TNT IWAD run nearly never see it for some reasons, maybe RNG hates me.)
I guess it's all RNG's fault! Chainsaw replacement has Burst Pistol, so i'm sure killing chainsaw guys would drop it.
Its firepower also meh, needed 15-18 of ammo to take down a lost soul... :o
Raising its damage would make no difference between Service Pistol, tbh! But hey, you can stun lock Lost Soul for a moment.
Also, since Service Pistol never spawns, are you considering it won't be dropable or do spawns? Because sometimes I encountered a very rare situation which I run out all my weapons' ammo but 9mm, and I have no 9mm weapons, my Service Pistol just throw away some levels ago for pick up other weapon. And no slot 1 weapon drops on that level, still some enemies needed to take care.
Yes, I know it's rare, but you never know when RNG decided to do silly shit on you. :3:
Service Pistol does spawns as Pistol. Sadly it cannot be helped because it would make random spawners more confusing. But hey, SSD is pretty generous about the Backpacks.
Spoiler:
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

Just saw your mod on Doom Mod Madness. Quirky and interesting as always, cap.

This is REALLY well done. I personally dislike mods that force you to scroll through dozens of weapons, so the drop function was a great feature.

Playing through Plutonia with this. I will let you know my thoughts later, if you want.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Many thanks for your kind words, V! I do dislikes to switch tons of weapons in certain situations as well.

After seeing some thankful feedback from others, i decided to make some change for the mod and it's now updated to Version 2.5! Here are some changes;
- Burst Pistol's damage slightly increased.
- Heavy Pistol's damage slightly nerfed.
- Now Clipbox Spawner Drops Big 9mm Ammo.
- PDA's damage slightly increased. Because no one seems to love this gun. :P
- Riotgun and Hand Sweeper's pellet slightly decreased. Because they looks absolutely overpowered in my eyes.
- Full Auto LAWF's Alt-fire Overhauled. Now it would be more neater to use.
- Fierce Caliber's Alt-fire damage slightly nerfed. Well, just in case of making the game easy!
- Made Coilgun's firing animation a bit stronger.

And that's it. Thank you so much for the feedback and i'll work on the enemy sprites right away! Be sure to check out the first page to download!
PlayerLin

Post by PlayerLin »

Captain J wrote:I see. Heavy Vulcan's shot is weaker than Anti-Armor Rifle for reasons. You just can mow down the hordes and even can murder SMM without any thoughts.
Yes, so I guess it already fine now, doesn't needed any of torch, but really, use it at SMM still can get Eilidh's ass kicked if you're not careful or just bad luck. :p
Captain J wrote:I guess it's all RNG's fault! Chainsaw replacement has Burst Pistol, so i'm sure killing chainsaw guys would drop it....
...Raising its damage would make no difference between Service Pistol, tbh! But hey, you can stun lock Lost Soul for a moment.
Yeah, it should but sometimes I just feel RNG hates Burst Pistol too and just spawns other weapons...about no difference between Service Pistol, I get it, but I'm sure it will be the first weapon I would throw away or just don't want pick it up if I have other alternatives. :\
Captain J wrote:Service Pistol does spawns as Pistol. Sadly it cannot be helped because it would make random spawners more confusing. But hey, SSD is pretty generous about the Backpacks.
Yes, I get it, but 6 weapons limit just made me throws away those slot 1 and 2 weapons first since I see other ammunition types drop more, ammo never be a problem, problem is I don't have the weapon that has a lot of ammunition just everywhere, but you know what, whatever! :p

Spoiler:
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Oh, and make sure you know, i think i handled some problems you've had in the previous version. Because i updated the mod to V.2.5!
PlayerLin

Post by PlayerLin »

Captain J wrote:Oh, and make sure you know, i think i handled some problems you've had in the previous version. Because i updated the mod to V.2.5!
Thanks about your reminding, I know that...when I sent my previous post, forum software prompts me about new posts, so I know you updated, I already downloaded that and were in considering what IWAD/mod should I load with NC and try it again... *thinking*
marco.nadal.75

Post by marco.nadal.75 »

I'm very much in favor of limited weapon selection because it

A) adds another element of strategy to the game;

B) even using the keyboard, switching between multiple weapons in the same slot is cumbersome;

C) switching between many weapons using the mouse wheel is even more cumbersome;

C) weapons tend to become redundant if they are of similar type (don't need more than one type of machine gun)
Brohnesorge wrote:The weapon slot system just simply doesn't work. If you have six weapons and then drop one to get a new one, it doesn't clear a slot and you can only pick up the weapon you dropped. Even going to the next level doesn't help; you can drop a weapon, end the level, then be stuck with 5 weapons, unable to pick up anything.
This. I have this exact same problem, as described, wether i use the default drop weapon function or the mod-specific one at the bottom of the list, it makes no difference. I'm using doom2.wad and GZDoom latest build (https://devbuilds.drdteam.org/gzdoom/gz ... 07c3291.7z). Also the mod's "just drop" function is unusable, as the player picks up the weapon as soon as he drops it.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”