Netronian Chaos V.3.57: The Final, Last, Concluding Update

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TheNightATK300

Re: Netronian Chaos : Cosmic Adventures with Wars and Aliens

Post by TheNightATK300 »

That's a really nice mod! I enjoyed most of the weapons a bunch and stuff! I hope you'll keep up this awesome work m8!
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

Captain J wrote:
chronoteeth wrote:thing is the tag thing is true but in the heat of crazy battle its hard to really look at that stuff
Well, you eventually have to look at the HUD for a second to make sure you know your ammo is dried out or not. Also to make sure you know what kind of gun you're grabbing and firing.

I'm sure it'll take another month to recolor or redesign either guns. So should i add unique raise sound effects to them?

EDIT:
Redead-ITA wrote:Ok it think i found why
Sorry for the late reply, but i definitely have no idea why this bug happening to you. In my GZDOOM g3.1.0, weapon limit never breaks although i've followed your instructions as possible.

And yet, i'm updating the mod right now. And i'm sure it'll be alright after the release.
mayb the thing isnt having to have to redraw the whole sprite, sometimes it might just be adding a bit of color to certain parts.
Attachments
NARRF0.png
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Nice recoloring and such, and yeah, i'd better make a mutator to add such recolored Combat Rifle.
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

for some reason even dropping the weapon once reached having 6 weapons on your equipment when i drop the weapon it doesn't seem to think that there are 5 it thinks that there are still 6 of them
im using gzdoom 3.1.0 just to point out

edit: seems to do with the combat rifle apparantly
Edit2: nvm seems it has to do with the hunting daggers i seems, when i drop them they don't count as as weapon dropped, but when both throwned they count as weapon dropped
Edit3: Apparantly it doesn't stop there for some reason if you grab any other gun in the next map, it breaks the limit making it thing its the 6st gun
even if a dropped a gun afterwards, it still thinks its the 6th gun
Edit4: ok i think it has to do with picking up the dropped weapons, because i dropped the service pistol then later i picked that up and decided to drop it (reached my max of 6 weapons) again but the counter didn't stop saying it was still on 6 weapons
I think I know what might be causing this issue. I think I had this same issue. Did you happen to use the drop weapon command that was set up by default by GZDoom or did you use this mod's drop weapon command? It seems as though if you drop your weapon using GZDoom's drop weapon command, it won't recognize it as part of your 6 weapon inventory that was set up by this mod, thus thinking you still have 6 weapons in your inventory. Using this mod's drop weapon command will recognize that dropped weapon as no longer being a part of your inventory, this allowing you to pick up a new weapon.
Gollgagh

Post by Gollgagh »

Your main character is completely adorable; she makes me think of Commander Keen, in a Doomy sort of way.

I would change your A_Print calls in AmmoPickup: to A_Log so that those messages are consistent with regular pickups.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Ey. Noted and already fixed. Thanks!
lizardcommando wrote:
for some reason even dropping the weapon once reached having 6 weapons on your equipment when i drop the weapon it doesn't seem to think that there are 5 it thinks that there are still 6 of them
im using gzdoom 3.1.0 just to point out
I think I know what might be causing this issue. I think I had this same issue. Did you happen to use the drop weapon command that was set up by default by GZDoom or did you use this mod's drop weapon command? It seems as though if you drop your weapon using GZDoom's drop weapon command, it won't recognize it as part of your 6 weapon inventory that was set up by this mod, thus thinking you still have 6 weapons in your inventory. Using this mod's drop weapon command will recognize that dropped weapon as no longer being a part of your inventory, this allowing you to pick up a new weapon.
Well... I guess that happens because you kept dropping weapons by pressing ZDoom's default drop key. Since this mod's drop key works completely different, you should press Mod's weapon drop key, X key for now on.

And yes, Even Title Screen Info informs about it.

Anyway, thanks for your precious yet informational feedback once again, guys. It's now updated to V.2! And here's the Changelog:
- You can't fire non-stop weapons by holding Zoom key anymore.
- Bouncy Frost Grenade somehow disappears when landing on watery terrain. But already fixed!
- Now you can fill up your weapon's magazine after picking up weapon that you depleted in the next map.
- LB-1000 Pile Banger Glove Now have Alt-fire that you can hold and deliver a powerful blow!
- Fixed Anaika Hunting Dagger ammo Issue.
- Infinite Ammo is not completely fixed... But works at least fine.
- Ver. S4 Hand Sweeper Now have Single-barrel and Double-Barrel shot. Happy now?
- New Slot 4 Weapon, Ver. 80 Burst SMG Added. Fires 4 Bullets in murderous speed, yet accurate than Machine Carbine!
- Pistol Ammo sprite is now grown bigger.
- Dropped weapons now drops faster, to make the gameplay a bit faster.
- Sparkplug Bomb Added. Many thanks to Skelegant for the code and sprites! Press Activate Item key To plant, and watch the democratic firework!
- Spelling errors fixed and fixed.
- HUD now shows EMP Bolt counter.
- Added Doom 1 Music replacements. And eyup, they're all Gundam related! :D

And it's really shame that i couldn't do anything about weapon limit extending system for backpack. I tried to make it work, but it kept failing instead. So yeah, sorry about that. But you've got to pickup weapons just wisely!

And Chronoteeth, the mutator will be done soon. Although i still like the way it is, but for greater gud.
RikohZX

Post by RikohZX »

Either it's something on my end, or the Shotgunners don't drop anything and seem to have an error appear due to the randomspawner for a shotgun weapon freaking out now.
Atik

Post by Atik »

Just booted up the new version and encountered a bug of sorts: Zombie Shotgunners are giving an error message about "unknown item" when they die, and don't drop anything.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Aaaand i've fixed the bug. Sorry if there's anyone got freaked out before. Hueheh. :P
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

One Mutator finished and released. Check out the first page!
Outtagum

Post by Outtagum »

Captain J wrote:One Mutator finished and released. Check out the first page!
Nice! I'm glad to see that you're open to the idea of mutators. I have a request, if you're interested. I'd love to have the blood be green. It's mainly so that I can allow my kids (I work with school children) to play it. At the moment, I'm allowed to let them play Chex Quest (part of the reason for my previous suggestion). If the blood was green in this mod, I could justify it much more easily. :)

No worries if this goes against your 'mod philosophy'. I just thought I'd ask. :)
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

And guess what? I've done it! Check out the first page and have fun with REAL flemoid chunks!
tu3sday

Post by tu3sday »

I've been having a lot of fun playing this with the WIP builds from Super Mayhem 17: https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/9 ... s-release/

The two aesthetics mesh well; the Mutiny mapset also feels like a really good fit.

Keep up the great work! The guns feel great, and the wide variety + carry limit mechanic means that you are constantly retooling your loadout and finding new content throughout a run.
Outtagum

Post by Outtagum »

Captain J wrote:And guess what? I've done it! Check out the first page and have fun with REAL flemoid chunks!
Wow! That was super quick! Thank you so much. You, sir, are a legend. :)
Atik

Post by Atik »

Question. You said you replaced the Doom 1 music. Was this only specific maps? Because I did a full playthrough of episode 1 and it gave me all the same music as normal.

Also, just curiosity on my part, but are weapon replacements completely random selecting from a list of candidates? Or, for example, am I more likely to find a Heavy Pistol at a shotgun pickup than a hand-sweeper? (As in, is there a certain weight to certain weapons?) I mostly ask because, on subsequent runs I tend to get very similar spawns, but it might just be RNG.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”