Netronian Chaos V.3.57: The Final, Last, Concluding Update

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: Netronian Chaos : Cosmic Adventures with Wars and Aliens

Post by Captain J »

Going to be based on wildweasel's. But i might ask him what kind of difference he would recommend. I expect extremely often, yes. But i just hope he have any idea that would make this projectile more special.
Panzermann11
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Panzermann11 »

My suggestion is you should do a Guncaster-esque taunt system with some of them being TF2 Demoman's lines. It'll be cool!

If only there's a voice actress who can do this sort of job though.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Finder153 wrote:If only there's a voice actress who can do this sort of job though.
Aaaand yeah. That might be the hard task!
Naniyue

Post by Naniyue »

There are programs out there that can alter your own voice pretty well. I've made a couple convincing female voices for a game I was working on, so I know this a viable option. Also try experimenting with the pitch of your own voice while recording with one of the programs.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Unfortunately i can't record my voice in this little poor rented house. But hey, donation might be neat!
Skelegant
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Skelegant »

I'd love to help but I'd just end up making Eilidh sound like Mother Russia from kickass 2, plus my scottish accent sucks :D Until you find a suitable voice actor, maybe you could use clips from Morrigan Aensland? (you'd have to cherry pick tho cuz a lot of her voice clips are kinda sensual, her being a succubus and all lol)
Naniyue

Post by Naniyue »

Is this because you can't afford the programs (there are free trial versions that will do the job), or is there not enough privacy where you live? I understand either way. Hmm . . . Maybe you could hold an open audition with the community? Post some sample lines, and maybe describe the sort of tone and modulation you're looking for, and we can send samples to you! I'd personally love to see more voice acting in DooM mods!
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Captain J wrote:That sounds kinda neat. Another development for later!
As another possible, actually serious idea. Give the Service Pistol a silencer that is (de)activated with alt-fire? That should give it a bit more utility because I know that I've tossed the Service pistol for the Heavy/Burst pistols despite it's accuracy and good stopping power on several occasions.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Sounds good. I'll think about it!
Naniyue wrote:Is this because you can't afford the programs (there are free trial versions that will do the job), or is there not enough privacy where you live? I understand either way. Hmm . . . Maybe you could hold an open audition with the community? Post some sample lines, and maybe describe the sort of tone and modulation you're looking for, and we can send samples to you! I'd personally love to see more voice acting in DooM mods!
Maybe both. And if you'd like to send some sample, send them later! I haven't finished the sprites, after all.
Skelegant wrote:I'd love to help but I'd just end up making Eilidh sound like Mother Russia from kickass 2, plus my scottish accent sucks :D Until you find a suitable voice actor, maybe you could use clips from Morrigan Aensland? (you'd have to cherry pick tho cuz a lot of her voice clips are kinda sensual, her being a succubus and all lol)
Yeah, i really hope! This is going to be hard to find the fitting yet less-seducing voice, but it would be eventually done.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

robowalk.gif
robowalk.gif (9.01 KiB) Viewed 822 times
This is no Gundam, dude. No Gundam!

... Although it's gonna take more time to finish. :P
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Neat, so the Gattling and the Fierce Caliber will be wielded by their own robots as well? Also, I like the impression of size since the Tri-Devastator is shoulder-fired by Sarge.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Sadly Fierce Caliber is for earth troops only. And about Heavy Vulcan, i'm thinking about making another enemy that uses exact weapon.

And yeah, Tri-Desolator is for mechs but also can be used for hunamoid beings as well. If they're strong enough, of course.
Last edited by Captain J on Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Captain J wrote:Sadly Fierce Caliber is earth troops only. And about Heavy Vulcan, i'm thinking about making another enemy that uses exact weapon.

And yeah, Tri-Desolator is for mechs but also can be used for hunamoid beings as well. If they're strong enough, of course.
Heh, Netronian Heavy Powersuit Operator. Uses the Vulcan or the Annihilium Thrower (forgot the name) but drops them rarely and more common drops big ammo for 12.7mm or Annhilium. :D
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Sounds good! :P But first things first, i have to finish this sprite somehow!
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

It'd be neat in the future to play as a Netronian defector I think, but for now keep up the great work Cap'n!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”