Netronian Chaos V.3.57: The Final, Last, Concluding Update

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: Netronian Chaos V.3.1: Project Manhattanova

Post by Captain J »

Thank you so much for your priceless and generous Congratulations!!!★★★★★ :D

I wasn't proud of my works, honestly. I felt like i couldn't make anything more unique than the other mods i honestly like, because i'm not the type of person who can be educated easily, no matter how hard i try. So when i got stuck during progression, i asked others for support and that made me a bit embarrassed; still not smart and professional enough to complete the work of my own. However people accepted my little request and really helped me with their best. And now i made several doom mods like Rebel Rumble and this one, Netronian Chaos. I still feel embarrassed, though. But i also feel proud and amazing that i could learn myself over and over, throughout time, finishing this mod eventually.

So yeah. The point is, it doesn't matter if you're not smart nor professional enough to do something you really like. It can be done as long as you don't give up, learn while working on, and ask someone for a help. The result would be good! If it's somewhat bad or worse, just don't worry! You can... Well, try again and correct your mistakes!

Anyway, i'm so much grateful for your support, love and attentions towards me and my humble mods. You're the best!
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

I think it's cool to see more and more cartoony mods getting recognition and accolades like this mod, Adventures of Square and Shadow of the Wool Ball mod. So thank you for helping raise the bar for cartoony Doom mods.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

And i THANK you for giving me such an inspiration. I never thought such style can be charming if you're creative enough!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Aaaaand done! Once again, thanks for your attention and sincere love towards my mspaint mod-
PlayerLin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Post by PlayerLin »

Congratulations for got Cacowards 2018! And nice draw! :D

Do a sequel please. :P :P :P j/k
LOLANONIMUS

Post by LOLANONIMUS »

Hola hay un error no me carga el mod en d-touch podrias arregalrlo no?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

LOLANONIMUS wrote:Hola hay un error no me carga el mod en d-touch podrias arregalrlo no?
¿Cuál es el error? (What is the error?)
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

¡Gracias a nosotros, ya sea que usamos traductores de Google o que nos digan errores en inglés! (Using Google Translator or not, telling us the error in english would be appreciated!)
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Extra Minor Update! I found that Hand Sweeper's Single Barrel Firing Sound Effect sounded pretty weird... Because i certainly heard the Discord Ping during playing it! So i had to recreate the sound and it's ready to go.
NewVS4FIR.zip
(103.74 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
This is the Newly Created Sound, used the same Resources.

If anyone's interested, or seeing this Doom Mod for the first time, please check out the First Post and Download the Mod!

P.S: I recently drew one artwork for this mod!
Goregrinder

Post by Goregrinder »

I really love this mod still, the character design is so charming, the weapons are fun and detailed, the way the balance changes with the new enemies reminds me of the old classic platformer games like commander keen: very cute, but brutally hard.

I really like the world you've created. I'm not an expert on doom modding at all, is it possible to replace the default map textures as part of a mod? Netronian style textures for the maps could make any map set into a netronian planet or something.

i just like this mod enough i would love to see it in a kind of Adventures of Square thing. I think its truly good enough to be its own game. But thats a ton of work, and i think as it is now the mod stands well on its own feet.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Thank you so much for playing my Humble mod. I'm glad you liked the major features. Like Balancing, Weapon and Enemy Varieties, and the Difficulty even!

Anyway you actually can replace all the Textures and Flats in the Game. You have to make a Custom addon, that is. Sadly, however, i'm done making Doom mods for now. If anyone wants to make some Addons or Tribute to the Mod, By all means, Be my Guest!

That sounds like a fine idea, but i can't make the Game all by myself at the moment. But again, Tribute would make the mod worth a lot. I appreciate your love towards my mod!

Lastly, if you REALLY want to play the mod that is more akin to Commander Keen, Try this one!
MasterOfPuppets86

Post by MasterOfPuppets86 »

Hey, I wanted to say that the personal colors don't work anymore, I don't think it's on my end, but thought you should know
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

If you make the File Order right, it does work! Along with other Mutators.
Zachus-Claudicus

Post by Zachus-Claudicus »

Just a thought
Will you be adding more characters? With their own badass weapons of destruction
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

I'm afraid i'm done with adding new stuff to the mod but fixing some existing bugs. Sorry about that. But if someone wants to donate their own stuff to the Mod, be my guest! :D

Return to “Gameplay Mods”