QC:DE v2.7 is out! (With 100% more Dusk Dude)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
BradmanX
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: QC: Doom Edition (New Champion p.13)

Post by BradmanX »

Korell wrote:Just tried out the new version with Duke Nukem. I wonder if getting Duke Nukem 3D enemies into the enemy roster for single player would be possible?
Mmm, would love to see some more enemy sets too (the foes from games of the champions, like Heretic, Hexen, Blood, etc.), not something that's necessarily needed, but would be neat to see, even if it was an addon.
mutator

Post by mutator »

I tried the mod with and without colorful hell or other monster addons but result is same, by the time I get to map3 or map4 i loose alot of ammo on machine gun, chaingun and other guns as well...does anyone else here play this mod with single player? I want to know if others find this bug as well
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Post by Cyanide »

mutator wrote:I tried the mod with and without colorful hell or other monster addons but result is same, by the time I get to map3 or map4 i loose alot of ammo on machine gun, chaingun and other guns as well...does anyone else here play this mod with single player? I want to know if others find this bug as well
It's probably because this mod changes the drops of the zombies. When a monster mod is loaded the new changes supersede the QC:DE changes, which results in no drops or unusable drops.
rosfell

Post by rosfell »

Okay so... There's Corvus, the Hexen trio, Caleb and Duke, any chances that the roster might get more... "SERIOUS" in the future? maybe even add some... "WANG" to one of the champions slots?
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

rosfell wrote:Okay so... There's Corvus, the Hexen trio, Caleb and Duke, any chances that the roster might get more... "SERIOUS" in the future? maybe even add some... "WANG" to one of the champions slots?
What about Powerslave's Jon? don't leave him hangin' around...
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

YukesVonFaust wrote:
rosfell wrote:Okay so... There's Corvus, the Hexen trio, Caleb and Duke, any chances that the roster might get more... "SERIOUS" in the future? maybe even add some... "WANG" to one of the champions slots?
What the heck would their specials be anyway? Launching a huge cannonball in the arena? Whip out a minigun for 15 seconds? throwing gas bombs to harass other players? dual wield weapons temporarily? (should have been caleb's ability) Throw ancient Egyptian grenades? shoot a homing snake projectile that heals the user?
rosfell

Post by rosfell »

insightguy wrote:
YukesVonFaust wrote:
What the heck would their specials be anyway? Launching a huge cannonball in the arena? Whip out a minigun for 15 seconds? throwing gas bombs to harass other players? dual wield weapons temporarily? (should have been caleb's ability) Throw ancient Egyptian grenades? shoot a homing snake projectile that heals the user?

All of those sound good actually...
Turret49

Post by Turret49 »

I've looked all over the mod's code and I just can't figure it out, so I'm asking here -
How did you make it so using teleporters doesn't freeze players momentarily? I can't find anything about this anywhere.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Turret49 wrote:How did you make it so using teleporters doesn't freeze players momentarily? I can't find anything about this anywhere.
I can only guess that it Involves the use of [wiki=Inventory flags#INVENTORY.NOTELEPORTFREEZE]INVENTORY.NOTELEPORTFREEZE[/wiki] flag.
Turret49

Post by Turret49 »

Blue Shadow wrote:
Turret49 wrote:How did you make it so using teleporters doesn't freeze players momentarily? I can't find anything about this anywhere.
I can only guess that it Involves the use of [wiki=Inventory flags#INVENTORY.NOTELEPORTFREEZE]INVENTORY.NOTELEPORTFREEZE[/wiki] flag.
Ohh, thanks! I've figured it out. Players have a powerup (PowerPlayerSpeed<Number>) given to them to set their speed percentage based on a server cvar. This powerup is inherited from PowerSpeed, which itself has +INVENTORY.NOTELEPORTFREEZE. Not sure if it was intentional or not, but it sure answers my question!
DBThanatos

Re: QC: Doom Edition (Another New Champion!? pg.14)

Post by DBThanatos »

Okay. Everyone asked for him. So here he is!!

BradmanX
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by BradmanX »

Good one XD
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

DBThanatos wrote:Okay. Everyone asked for him. So here he is!!
DBT, you absolute madman, you actually did it! 😂
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

DBThanatos wrote:Okay. Everyone asked for him. So here he is!!

that's an interesting choice to add for the mod. but it's cool at the same time. i'd play as good ol' Rick any day. hahaha
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

Is this gonna be one of those things where since it was released on April first, we're all gonna think that "haha, it's never gonna really happen" and then it does? like the payday 2 goat simulator DLC?

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”