QC:DE v2.7 is out! (With 100% more Dusk Dude)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DBThanatos

Re: Quake Champions: Doom Edition (RELEASED!)

Post by DBThanatos »

Well, It's finally out! Come join us in the innaguration deathmatch session.

​​​​​​​Discord Link:
https://discord.gg/XzD2TdV
dawnbreez

Post by dawnbreez »

The download link appears to be broken; there are no files listed.
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

dawnbreez wrote:The download link appears to be broken; there are no files listed.
Just went there, encountered the same thing :(
BoneofMalkav

Post by BoneofMalkav »

DabbingSquidward wrote:
dawnbreez wrote:The download link appears to be broken; there are no files listed.
Just went there, encountered the same thing :(
Now it's released! http://www.moddb.com/mods/quake-champio ... ll-release
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

It's carnage time :twisted:

What also impresses me is the size of the mod. I was expecting 200+ Mb but it's only 70 :D
Clocky
Location: Inside a BFG 10K's Energy Cell magazine (Brazil, Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre)

Post by Clocky »

It's finally here, internet failed me 4 times, and now I'm hoping to download this before my internet cuts off once again, I can't wait to play this.
Legend

Post by Legend »

Is there anyway to get bot matches going? I was kinda hoping there would be Q3 style single player with bot matches. I've only tried in gzdoom so far. Not sure if my computer can run the newer zandronum. Haven't gotten around to trying yet.
StroggVorbis

Post by StroggVorbis »

Miniscule bug report:
-Weapons dropped by monsters don't give half ammo.
-When changing maps within a hub, e.g. Unloved, the current armor amount gets set to the champion's spawn default (only if lower before?)
-When playing with DUMP 1-3, the lootboxes/-crates won't trigger after the second or so level despite every enemy killed and every secret found, also the player generates more footstep sounds per single step (might have to do with ResetInventory oddities)
-Many acs scripts are numbered, not named, causing a general incompatibility with certain map packs.
Korell

Post by Korell »

Legend wrote:Is there anyway to get bot matches going? I was kinda hoping there would be Q3 style single player with bot matches. I've only tried in gzdoom so far. Not sure if my computer can run the newer zandronum. Haven't gotten around to trying yet.
As far as I know, there is no way to get bot matches within GZDoom at present. As I use GZDoom I would also like to be able to play bot matches in this mod, as well as in Brutal Doom 64, but I know of no way to do so with GZDoom. Zandronum will therefore be required for that.
phantombeta
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by phantombeta »

Korell wrote:
Legend wrote:Is there anyway to get bot matches going? I was kinda hoping there would be Q3 style single player with bot matches. I've only tried in gzdoom so far. Not sure if my computer can run the newer zandronum. Haven't gotten around to trying yet.
As far as I know, there is no way to get bot matches within GZDoom at present. As I use GZDoom I would also like to be able to play bot matches in this mod, as well as in Brutal Doom 64, but I know of no way to do so with GZDoom. Zandronum will therefore be required for that.
GZDoom does have bots. They're pretty bad, though...
StroggVorbis

Post by StroggVorbis »

phantombeta wrote:
Korell wrote:
GZDoom does have bots. They're pretty bad, though...
Forgive my ignorance, but what's the difference between ZDoom's and Zandronum's Bots? From my experience, they were just as bad, if not the exact same bots.
Naniyue

Post by Naniyue »

Again, there hasn't been a single mod you've had a hand in that I didn't like!

Glad there's single player! I tried multiplayer, but I'm already turned off by death match.
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

I can hear a little casing tinkling sound at the end of the machine gun's firing sound even though no casings are produced (speaking of which, will there be bullet and shell casings for the MGs and shotties respectively?)
Also, ammo pickups are a bit too common in single-player - maybe they should randomly spawn just one instead of a pile.

Otherwise, this mod is great.
SyntherAugustus

Post by SyntherAugustus »

I had a lot of fun with this yesterday. Some nitpicks on the singleplayer side.

-I know you went through the effort to warn about the large champions, but I'd love to find a compromise that allows the champion's hit box to not be so big when in singleplayer. Does Decorate/ACS allow the hitbox to be smaller when in singleplayer somehow? They have the most PVE friendly abilities, which makes it more of a demand for me.

-You then in the same video recommended the four medium champions. Problem is, one of them has a teleporter, and the other one flies! Could they have alternate singleplayer/coop abilities that don't break vanilla gameplay? For Ranger, I'd probably convert his ability to a remote detonating projectile. Corvus can either fire a Morph Ovum, or if you really want him to still have his movement ability, perhaps have Slash's ability from QC?

I know this is your mod, so I'll take no for an answer. I don't make making my own compatability patch. I just want this mod to not break so easily with vanilla megawad gameplay.

Everything else is great so far though! The weapon play is well balanced so far PVE wise.
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Post by Cyanide »

Great work dudes.

One small thing: The itemcount seems to change during singleplayer maps, and in some cases I haven't been able to collect all items on a map. Is this a known issue, or is it in some way intentional?

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”