QC:DE v2.7 is out! (With 100% more Dusk Dude)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
MrRumbleRoses

Re: QC:DE (Tournament Saturday 7th ($) pg15)

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

i'm curious about something with the mod. more specifically one of the champions. what is the Terminator champion from? i wanna say Strife, but i've not played that game in full to see it there
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

I think it's a custom sprite because I saw it on Realm667 once upon a time.
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

MrRumbleRoses wrote:i'm curious about something with the mod. more specifically one of the champions. what is the Terminator champion from? i wanna say Strife, but i've not played that game in full to see it there
As Gideon020 mentioned, it's a custom monster. Sprites by Vader
mutator wrote:this didn't happen in very first upload on moddb when mod was going to be released but in later updates it started happening so it must be something that triggered it while trying to improve the mod.. people report every bug that is in mod but why is it problem when i report a bug? everyone ignore it
Im not ignoring it ;) But it's just that unfortunately i've never been able to reproduce it myself. This doesnt happen to me when I play SP at all. :shrug:

And for a new annoucement. This one is for real. No April Fool's :3

Gideon020

Re: QC:DE (The Real New Champ April (pg 16))

Post by Gideon020 »

It seems that Durandal is updating his puppet's combat protocols.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

I assume that QC:DE will not work with Heretic/Hexen.
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

mutator wrote:this didn't happen in very first upload on moddb when mod was going to be released but in later updates it started happening so it must be something that triggered it while trying to improve the mod.. people report every bug that is in mod but why is it problem when i report a bug? everyone ignore it
You'd be happy to know it finally happened to me. I've seen it. Now I have to figure when and why it happens.

Also, here's a bit of what happened in the duel cup last saturday
Korell

Post by Korell »

I just saw a YouTube video stating that there will be a new version of this mod releasing tomorrow, v1.2.0. Looks like the new champion and a new enemy set. Watching the video made me wonder if it would be possible, when starting a solo player campaign, for it to ask you which enemy set(s) you want to use for that game (which I imagine it then saves for the duration of that game) rather than having to remember to choose the enemy set(s) first and then start the campaign.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Holy crud, man. DBT, you're indeed an Quad-Quality Quaker. That gameplay video was really nice and you seem already know what are they gonna do and move on to!
DBThanatos

Re: QC:DE (New version released Apr-20th, pg1)

Post by DBThanatos »

And the new version was released. Here's the videos regarding the new champ :D

Korell wrote:I just saw a YouTube video stating that there will be a new version of this mod releasing tomorrow, v1.2.0. Looks like the new champion and a new enemy set. Watching the video made me wonder if it would be possible, when starting a solo player campaign, for it to ask you which enemy set(s) you want to use for that game (which I imagine it then saves for the duration of that game) rather than having to remember to choose the enemy set(s) first and then start the campaign.
Not 100% sure on that. Will check if it's doable.
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

DBThanatos wrote:And the new version was released. Here's the videos regarding the new champ :D

Korell wrote:I just saw a YouTube video stating that there will be a new version of this mod releasing tomorrow, v1.2.0. Looks like the new champion and a new enemy set. Watching the video made me wonder if it would be possible, when starting a solo player campaign, for it to ask you which enemy set(s) you want to use for that game (which I imagine it then saves for the duration of that game) rather than having to remember to choose the enemy set(s) first and then start the campaign.
Not 100% sure on that. Will check if it's doable.
i think there's a bit of a bug with the new version. i can't seem to check out the champions stats. no matter what i set the button to
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

I assume it only works with DOOM(2).
Korell

Post by Korell »

MrRumbleRoses wrote: i think there's a bit of a bug with the new version. i can't seem to check out the champions stats. no matter what i set the button to
Yep, I'm getting this too.
mutator

Post by mutator »

So far I am on map2 and no ammo loss bug yet but there are few bugs I have catched. It's great update!
1) When you freeze zombieman with special attack freezer weapon by duke nukem class they don't drop ammo although I thought it was fixed
2) When you choose the new class and use special attack the friendly players you spawn when they kill the zombies they dont drop ammo
that is all I have found so far and I'll let you know if I find any more. I give 10/10 for the mod!
mutator

Post by mutator »

Update: I have played up to map5 and I did not get the bullet and nail ammo loss again so it seems like ammo reduce bug is no longer there so I think these 2 bugs are the only ones that needs a fix as well and person above also stated something which might need fix too although I have not checked it
Korell

Post by Korell »

AvzinElkein wrote:I assume it only works with DOOM(2).
I just loaded it up with Hexen and it worked, though the enemies weren't dropping ammo meaning I was left with the circular saw and the player ability only. If you pick up a Hexen weapon then you still get to use that instead, and you can only get back to the QCDE weapons by pressing one of the weapon number keys. So I'm guessing it isn't designed to run with Hexen (though looking at the mod in Slade does show up some references to it), and I'd say run it for the Doom games (Doom, Doom 2, TNT, Plutonia, FreeDoom) and map mods for them.

I've noticed that if you resurrect then the health and armour bar increase in size. They still work as normal, so a full bar is still 100% health, but they are longer, reaching to the centre. For instance, if your player class has 125 health then you get 5 small blocks, each block representing 25 hp, and so a player class with 100 health only gets 4 small blocks. Die and resurrect, however, and whilst it still counts the same health points, it shows it across 14 small blocks instead.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”