QC:DE v2.7 is out! (With 100% more Dusk Dude)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: QC: Doom Edition (Another New Champion!? pg.14)

Post by Captain J »

Sometimes, i know it's actually fake because of april fools, but i wish it was real. Like, as in 'SHIT ACTUALLY JUST GOT REAL!' Real.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Captain J wrote:Sometimes, i know it's actually fake because of april fools, but i wish it was real. Like, as in 'SHIT ACTUALLY JUST GOT REAL!' Real.
If this was real, it would either be because the VA was a bro, they were paid enough cash to mortgage a house, or the imitator that was found was really fucking good at imitating Rick.
mutator

Post by mutator »

I loose half of my ammo at third of fourth level...I don't use any monster addon, it happens when i play without anything but quake mod.. I tried gzdoom 1.8.6, gzdoom 3.2.5 and other engines as well but the problem is still there..i dont know what triggers the bug but I get it.
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

mutator wrote:I loose half of my ammo at third of fourth level...I don't use any monster addon, it happens when i play without anything but quake mod.. I tried gzdoom 1.8.6, gzdoom 3.2.5 and other engines as well but the problem is still there..i dont know what triggers the bug but I get it.
Dunno what to say there. We've not encountered this issue at all. Which skill are you playing? which mapset? does it always happen?
insightguy wrote:Is this gonna be one of those things where since it was released on April first, we're all gonna think that "haha, it's never gonna really happen" and then it does? like the payday 2 goat simulator DLC?
Haha. Nah. It really was just an april fool's. I've never been a fan of mixing "jokeish" stuff with "seriousish" stuff. If one day i do a "quake champions: tv series edition" then maybe i'd keep this guy :P

Worth mentioning that several YT comments were fairly positive about it XD
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

DBThanatos wrote:
mutator wrote:I loose half of my ammo at third of fourth level...I don't use any monster addon, it happens when i play without anything but quake mod.. I tried gzdoom 1.8.6, gzdoom 3.2.5 and other engines as well but the problem is still there..i dont know what triggers the bug but I get it.
Dunno what to say there. We've not encountered this issue at all. Which skill are you playing? which mapset? does it always happen?
insightguy wrote:Is this gonna be one of those things where since it was released on April first, we're all gonna think that "haha, it's never gonna really happen" and then it does? like the payday 2 goat simulator DLC?
Haha. Nah. It really was just an april fool's. I've never been a fan of mixing "jokeish" stuff with "seriousish" stuff. If one day i do a "quake champions: tv series edition" then maybe i'd keep this guy :P

Worth mentioning that several YT comments were fairly positive about it XD
that would of been cool & funny to see though. i mean i knew it was an april fools joke. but the concept idea of seeing Rick as a playable character was a cool idea to see happen for real
mutator

Post by mutator »

DBThanatos wrote:
yes it happen with original or any custom mappack, i play it on normal setting but uv.. this problem existed ever since 1.0.1 and rest...in very early update you uploaded i did not get this bug but rest of the updates all have it, so I think it's probably something you or someone did that break it
mutator

Re: QC: Doom Edition (Nah, just kiddin')

Post by mutator »

and yes after couple maps you get this bug at all times
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

There's no UV skill in QCDE. There's quite a few but none are called that. What skill number is it?
mutator

Post by mutator »

its normal max monsters
DBThanatos

Re: QC: Doom Edition (Tournament Saturday 7th')

Post by DBThanatos »

Jehar and TastySpleenTV are hosting this Saturday 7th, a duel tournament with QCDE

Signups:
https://challonge.com/tastycups_de_1

INFO
START TIME: 4pm EST

All players will be required to check-in on discord 1 hr before games are scheduled to begin:

http://tastyspleen.tv/discord

Format: Double Elim If we have more than 12 teams, UB matches until UB Semis will be Bo1. Otherwise, only the first round of the UB will be Bo1. Grand Final will be played in a 2xBo3 format.

Server settings:
-Duel
-10 minute timelimit
-20 fraglimit

Map Picks:
- Aerowalk (QCDE08)
- Blood Covenant (QCDE01)
- Blood Run (QCDE07)
- Fortress in the Void (QCDE05)
- Vertical Vengeance (QCDE09)

BO1: High seed tosses first, then low seed. High seed picks.
BO3: High seed picks, low seed picks. For tiebreakers, low seed tosses first, then high seed. Play the remaining map.

Match Streaming: In both brackets, one game per round will be streamed until the semifinals, which will be delayed so both can receive coverage. If you are asked to delay your match until the stream is ready, please do so.

Prize Distribution: TBD

Additional prize money may be donated to jehar@tastyspleen.net - 100% of donations will go directly to the next week's prize pool, in a 50/35/15 split once the pool reaches more than $100 USD.
Apaul27
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)
Location: Fighting some cats in the planet "Wool Ball", with Scott & Rebecca

Re: QC:DE (Tournament Saturday 7th ($) pg15)

Post by Apaul27 »

The tournament is on my birthday tomorrow? That's so awesome! 😎
Exosphere

Post by Exosphere »

Beyond paramount weapons pack, Incredible quality as always with your stuff. Btw if you don't mind me asking, where are the BFG sprites (first person, and world spirte) from? Its first person sprite seems familiar.

Also, I have always been noticing that there is always seems to be a disproportionatly large amount of Tribolt ammo, this is especially annoying when you don't have the Tribolt. Is this a bug or just an inevitable result of spawning the ammo with rocket ammo?
mutator

Post by mutator »

and this bug happens at any difficulty in normal...you loose ammunition regardless you choose max monsters or less monsters in normal difficulty :/ not sure if this bug will be fixed
edit: I play with doom monsters only, that means i dont choose quake monsters
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

mutator wrote:and this bug happens at any difficulty in normal...you loose ammunition regardless you choose max monsters or less monsters in normal difficulty :/ not sure if this bug will be fixed
edit: I play with doom monsters only, that means i dont choose quake monsters
Look, buddy, we get it. You lose half your ammo after a certain point. Is it really that gamebreaking when you can just pummel a few more enemies and just build up your ammo stocks again?

I mean, if you suddenly lost your ammo while playing a level, that would be a bug. This just sounds like an annoyance.
mutator

Post by mutator »

this didn't happen in very first upload on moddb when mod was going to be released but in later updates it started happening so it must be something that triggered it while trying to improve the mod.. people report every bug that is in mod but why is it problem when i report a bug? everyone ignore it

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”