QC:DE v2.7 is out! (With 100% more Dusk Dude)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
insightguy

Re: QC:DE (Two New Champs Announcement, pg17)

Post by insightguy »

You are on a roll with these new champions! how many did you plan to add?
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

We have a few more planned. After that, only time will tell :P
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

DBThanatos wrote:We have a few more planned. After that, only time will tell :P
Add Marty and Alosha from Russian Overkill.

:lol:
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

hopefully in the next update. the ability to check the stats of the champions works again. that was the one bug i found from the latest release
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

MrRumbleRoses wrote:hopefully in the next update. the ability to check the stats of the champions works again. that was the one bug i found from the latest release
...unfortunately, the bug is still there in this new version :(
mutator

Post by mutator »

when you kill monsters with durandal you dont receive ammo from zombies so i assume this class hasnt been fixed
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

I completely forgot to update here.

V1.3.0 Released! Quick Overview:

Full changelog
Spoiler:
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: QC:DE (v1.3.0 released! Two new champs)

Post by Captain J »

Qick Ass!!
Urthur

Post by Urthur »

Hi, I'm making a QCDE version of my mapset 'Dimension of the Boomed', because QCDE is pretty awesome. But I ran across an oddity with the Quake Grunt monster.

I noticed that he's a more dangerous sniper than the Enforcers, which felt wrong, and quite deadly in even small groups at medium to long range. So I had a look at his decorate code and noticed that his shotgun blast has a vertical spread of 5 degrees, but strangely only a 1 degree horizontal spread:

Q32A C 4 BRIGHT Light("PlayerFiringLight") A_CustomBulletAttack(1,5,4,1,"BulletPuff")

I assume this is probably a typo, and the horzontal spread is perhaps supposed to be 10 degrees or more? In any case, I altered the line and tested it at 10 degrees and he seemed to work better.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

Urthur wrote:Hi, I'm making a QCDE version of my mapset 'Dimension of the Boomed', because QCDE is pretty awesome.
Great to hear! Will this be specific to QCDE or will it be a generic mod-friendly version ala Valiant Vaccinated Edition?
Urthur

Post by Urthur »

Kinsie wrote:Great to hear! Will this be specific to QCDE or will it be a generic mod-friendly version ala Valiant Vaccinated Edition?
It's QCDE only, so I can place the Quake enemies I want, rather than rely on the random spawn system. Basically I stripped out everything related to Boom/MBF and the custom palette, converted the textures to true colour PNG, and processed the maps into Hexen format and then UDMF. I'm presently going through the maps and doing Thing replacement, and balancing them for QCDE's gameplay.

Creating Vaccinated Edition in the Valiant sense would be tricky due to the custom monsters, (the Masterminds would all end up stuck in walls and over ledges at their original radius.) But it would be fairly easy to create a true colour, weapon mod friendly version, if people want it.
DevilBlackDeath

Post by DevilBlackDeath »

Hey guys,
I was playing this with CC4 yesterday, with the Quake Monsters on and notcied a little something. The Q1 zombies don't properly die from being frozen by Duke's active skill. They get frozen, then shatter no matter what attacks them, but it seems that if the attack destroying them is not a "gibbing" one, they come back to life. I can't confirm what does it or not, but I think the kick sometimes don't make them completely dead, although I think it's mostly enemies attack and player weapons that don't gib zombies (so anything that' not nailgun/RL/GL). Here goes ;)

Also can't wait to test out the 2 new champs, I still have to download the new version, but they look nice ;)

Of course the bug may have been brougth up before, so I apologize if it was.
mutator

Post by mutator »

is this compatible with colorful hell monsters addon? I like playing the mod with this addon but if I do will the ammo reducing issue happen again?
DevilBlackDeath

Post by DevilBlackDeath »

Urthur wrote:
Kinsie wrote:Great to hear! Will this be specific to QCDE or will it be a generic mod-friendly version ala Valiant Vaccinated Edition?
It's QCDE only, so I can place the Quake enemies I want, rather than rely on the random spawn system. Basically I stripped out everything related to Boom/MBF and the custom palette, converted the textures to true colour PNG, and processed the maps into Hexen format and then UDMF. I'm presently going through the maps and doing Thing replacement, and balancing them for QCDE's gameplay.

Creating Vaccinated Edition in the Valiant sense would be tricky due to the custom monsters, (the Masterminds would all end up stuck in walls and over ledges at their original radius.) But it would be fairly easy to create a true colour, weapon mod friendly version, if people want it.
Now you mention it, I'd be interested :D Although sadly a lot of gameplay mods these days have custom monsters :( And having them conflict with other monsters just generally isn't good for gameplay/ammo/balance purposes =/
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

I'd definitely appreciate a truecolor version of DotB because then it would work even better with Doomzone. And for the sake of staying on topic, I've just tried the Morpheus map and I feel like the gravity should be reduced like it is in the originals.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”