QC:DE v2.7 is out! (With 100% more Dusk Dude)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Quake Champions: Doom Edition (RELEASED!)

Post by StroggVorbis »

Cyanide wrote:Great work dudes.

One small thing: The itemcount seems to change during singleplayer maps, and in some cases I haven't been able to collect all items on a map. Is this a known issue, or is it in some way intentional?
This is because the hourglass items (which occasionally drop from enemies) have the +COUNTITEM flag, but not the +ALWAYSPICKUP flag like health/armor bonuses. Meaning you can't pick them up when your skill is ready to be used. Some ways to see this is by typing 'countitems' in the console or giving count item things an automap color other than the default white and either setting 'am_cheat' to 2 or typing IDDT twice when viewing the automap. Doomzone & Quakestyle have a similar problem, because the weapons and ammunition inherit from Healthbonus.
SoundOfDarkness

Post by SoundOfDarkness »

Wow, this is even better than I have hoped. The perfect megawad for singleplayer is definitely scythe2. My only problem so far is that the weapons are so colorful and look almost like toys, especially the normal shotgun.
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

SoundOfDarkness wrote:Wow, this is even better than I have hoped. The perfect megawad for singleplayer is definitely scythe2. My only problem so far is that the weapons are so colorful and look almost like toys, especially the normal shotgun.
Darkening the colors on some of them would help (Except the shotgun, that just looks like a nerf gun.)
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Neeeeeeeice! It's been really great to work with you guys, and now i finally can play this mod and can't wait to see more previews and gameplays in the future- And of course, i'm going to play this mod soon.
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

this mod is pretty cool. i hope in a future update or addon. we can perhaps see more characters added. like Duke Nukem, BJ, Lo Wang and so on. but yeah. cool mod to play
SoundOfDarkness

Post by SoundOfDarkness »

If I may suggest something...
I think the super shotgun should replace the standard shotgun, just like with the nailgun and machinegun. Or maybe add an option for replacement.

I tried to accomplish that myself after looking at the files but it looks like just adding

Code: Select all

TNT1 A 0 A_TakeInventory ("QCShotgun")
to the pickup lines of the super shotgun doesn't do the trick.

EDIT:
Stupid me...
I should've scrolled a bit more before I wrote here. Found out I had to add

Code: Select all

QCGC A 0 A_TakeInventory("QCShotgun")
to the select sequence too.
mutator

Post by mutator »

when you play as caleb even if you get ammo refill to full at next level you loose some ammo, is that intentional?
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

D3athStalker wrote:It's carnage time :twisted:

What also impresses me is the size of the mod. I was expecting 200+ Mb but it's only 70 :D
That might change over time. We still want to add more stuff :D
Legend wrote:Is there anyway to get bot matches going? I was kinda hoping there would be Q3 style single player with bot matches. I've only tried in gzdoom so far. Not sure if my computer can run the newer zandronum. Haven't gotten around to trying yet.
Im not sure about bots in GZDoom. However, Zandro isn't that heavy performance wise, you should be OK :D
If you do try zandro, check out this video @20:51 for info on setting a local bot match.

DabbingSquidward wrote:Miniscule bug report:
-Weapons dropped by monsters don't give half ammo.
-When changing maps within a hub, e.g. Unloved, the current armor amount gets set to the champion's spawn default (only if lower before?)
-When playing with DUMP 1-3, the lootboxes/-crates won't trigger after the second or so level despite every enemy killed and every secret found, also the player generates more footstep sounds per single step (might have to do with ResetInventory oddities)
-Many acs scripts are numbered, not named, causing a general incompatibility with certain map packs.
1. This is intentional.
2. I'll look into that
3. DUMP has always given us issues with our gameplay mods, can't promise that will change. It's about completely clearing the inventory and that kills trackers we use.
4. Ehhh... Not really. We use named scripts all around.
Naniyue wrote:Again, there hasn't been a single mod you've had a hand in that I didn't like!

Glad there's single player! I tried multiplayer, but I'm already turned off by death match.
Thanks! well, deathmatch isn't for everyone, and Im glad you do enjoy the SP :D

Jeimuzu73 wrote:I can hear a little casing tinkling sound at the end of the machine gun's firing sound even though no casings are produced (speaking of which, will there be bullet and shell casings for the MGs and shotties respectively?)
Also, ammo pickups are a bit too common in single-player - maybe they should randomly spawn just one instead of a pile.

Otherwise, this mod is great.
Casing sounds: normal. That's a product of ripping the sounds from QC. We won't add casings anytime soon if at all. Ammo, problem with spawning one single ammo type is that often you end up with ammo for the wrong weapon. Doom had 4 ammo types, but QCDE has 8 types, and getting slugs instead of rockets, for example isn't always good. :(

blackfish wrote:I had a lot of fun with this yesterday. Some nitpicks on the singleplayer side.

-I know you went through the effort to warn about the large champions, but I'd love to find a compromise that allows the champion's hit box to not be so big when in singleplayer. Does Decorate/ACS allow the hitbox to be smaller when in singleplayer somehow? They have the most PVE friendly abilities, which makes it more of a demand for me.

-You then in the same video recommended the four medium champions. Problem is, one of them has a teleporter, and the other one flies! Could they have alternate singleplayer/coop abilities that don't break vanilla gameplay? For Ranger, I'd probably convert his ability to a remote detonating projectile. Corvus can either fire a Morph Ovum, or if you really want him to still have his movement ability, perhaps have Slash's ability from QC?

I know this is your mod, so I'll take no for an answer. I don't make making my own compatability patch. I just want this mod to not break so easily with vanilla megawad gameplay.

Everything else is great so far though! The weapon play is well balanced so far PVE wise.
1. Sorry, this can't be changed. Hitboxes are 100% statics (except for when crouching) in this version of gzdoom/zandronum. I believe this can be altered in zscript, but that's not the engine version we're aiming for.
2. In our gameplay mods we always have tons of ways of breaking maps by the nature of the abilities and whatnot. The (bad) alternative would be to give them different abilities in SP and MP, but that means non-transferrable experience.
Cyanide wrote:Great work dudes.

One small thing: The itemcount seems to change during singleplayer maps, and in some cases I haven't been able to collect all items on a map. Is this a known issue, or is it in some way intentional?
Was a bug, addressed in v1.0.1 that was released last week.
Captain J wrote:Neeeeeeeice! It's been really great to work with you guys, and now i finally can play this mod and can't wait to see more previews and gameplays in the future- And of course, i'm going to play this mod soon.
Well, thanks for helping us out so much :D
SoundOfDarkness wrote:If I may suggest something...
I think the super shotgun should replace the standard shotgun, just like with the nailgun and machinegun. Or maybe add an option for replacement.
Nope. The SG is deliberatly a non-starter weapon because in doom maps, SG is sometimes preferable than SSG. Hence we kept both in SP.
mutator wrote:when you play as caleb even if you get ammo refill to full at next level you loose some ammo, is that intentional?
That sounds like a bug. Will look into that too.

And here's a bit of how the release party went. It lasted ungodly amounts of hours. But damn that was fun!

We will continue our tradition of Friday MP events, for if anyone is interested in joining us in COOP/DM
Korell

Post by Korell »

DBThanatos wrote: Im not sure about bots in GZDoom. However, Zandro isn't that heavy performance wise, you should be OK :D
If you do try zandro, check out this video @20:51 for info on setting a local bot match.
Does the console offer any advantages to setting up botmatches over the Zandronum multiplayer setup menu? Only in the Zandronum menu you can set bot skill levels, add and remove bots, set time limits, frag limits and game modes, and choose the map, then when all settings are chosen you simply select the Start Game option. It seemed easier to do it that way rather than learn the console commands.
mutator

Post by mutator »

DBThanatos wrote:
mutator wrote:when you play as caleb even if you get ammo refill to full at next level you loose some ammo, is that intentional?
That sounds like a bug. Will look into that too.
Actually it happens with any class when you play with current updated version
mutator

Post by mutator »

Is the bug that made you loose ammo at next level is fixed with this new update?
LukasG2004
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by LukasG2004 »

Dope AF
mutator

Post by mutator »

no it's not fixed, I just saw that bug in current version as well
StroggVorbis

Post by StroggVorbis »

In Single Player, continious fire with the standard machinegun or nailgun doesn't deduct ammo every shot like tap firing does, intentional or a bug?

EDIT: Also, the timer and K/I/S in the automap are very small, hence difficult to read on a 1920x1080 resolution, and unaffected by the status bar and fullscreen HUD scaling options.

EDIT#2: About the bug mutator mentioned, it only happens with the Heavy Machinegun and the Super Nailgun. You lose 125 bullets and 75 nails upon map change. It doesn't matter if you have a backpack or are over the normal capacity. The special thing about this case is, that it doesn't happen when you get full ammo by typing "give ammo" in the console before changing the level. So it's probably because the game checks for an item inheriting from ammo which you only get via cheats, not during normal gameplay. And because you don't have that, it steals 125 bullets and 75 nails from you every time you exit a map.

EDIT#3: It's not an item inheriting from Ammo, but Weapon. In normal gameplay, collecting every weapon and a backpack lists 64 items with the "printinv" CCMD, but when I type "give all", printinv lists 66 items, so one or both or these are responsible for the bug. I compared both lists but I couldn't find them.

EDIT#4: Forget about it, sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes the values are swapped. I'm on the wrong track.
StroggVorbis

Post by StroggVorbis »

Anyway, the bug that classes that start with armor like Ranger get set to the default if the current is lower than that upon map change still hasn't been fixed.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”