Doomskater v1 [WIP]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
waaaaaaah

Doomskater v1 [WIP]

Post by waaaaaaah »

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to go ice skating? Have you ever wanted to install rockets on your boots so you could run faster? Have you ever dreamed about watching everything go speedily by as you desperately try to shove a shotgun shell into the damn Imp who just pulled off a hit and run? Well, look no further, for I have the mod just for you!

Introducing, the DOOMSKATER. This is a gameplay mod that decreases the friction, pumps up the wall bouncing, and lets the chaos flow in the way that only Doom knows how.

Download here. The mod (v1) is compatible with GZDoom 2.2.0, as well as the most recent version (3.1.0)

Enemies Currently Affected
Zombies
Shotgunners
Imps
Pinkies
Spectres
Hell Barons

Notes
Due to the difficulty with the increased amount of monsters in Ultra Violence+, Shotgunners, Imps, and Pinkies/Spectres do less damage at that skill level.

Known Issues
Too many enemies can surround you and make it impossible to pass (E1M8 currently starts off with the walls down due to this very reason)
Imp in E1M1 can get stuck in the acid

More additions are planned, so stay tuned!

Credits
ZDoom guys ;)
iD Software
FDARI and Worst (used some code on found on the forums)

This is my first mod, so I'd like as much (constructive) criticism as you can give me ;) Enjoy!
LossForWords

Re: Doomskater v1 [WIP]

Post by LossForWords »

it's like doom, but with crash 2 ice physics :)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”