The Soldier Z - WIP - Update 12 3/5/2019 Rocket Poll

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Rocket launcher...

Keep it the M72 LAW
47%
Change it to Mk 153 SMAW
53%

Total votes : 34

Re: The Soldier Z - WIP - Update 12 3/5/2019 Rocket Poll

Postby retronutcase » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:42 am

Just recently tried this mod, and I LOVE it. it feels like a good balance between the realism hideous destructor went for, and Doom's run and gun approach.

That said, one small thought I had: The player's backwards running speed. Should it be that fast? You argued running sideways doesn't work. One could argue running backwards at a sprinting pace doesn't really work either. Obviously you still need full forward run speed or a lot of maps could break, but I feel like backward run speed shouldn't be QUITE as fast, so as to discourage just being able to constantly run backwards while shooting. It would encourage more of an actual turning around to run away approach and trying to find a better position when you need to get out of somewhere fast.

Also, is there a reason one can't pump the shotgun when they've fired their last round? It's a bit irritating that I can't eject the last spent shell to allow for a full reload.
retronutcase

Postby Brohnesorge » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:27 pm

Really, the only reason strafe speed is lower is just cause it's a personal preference. I'm keeping backwards speed the same cause I don't want to stray too far from the Doom gameplay style.

As for shotgun pumping last shell stuff, that's been fixed in the WIP.
Brohnesorge
Release date: Eventually

Discord: #7624
Twitch ID: brohnesorge1
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby -Ghost- » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:24 am

Great job on the weapon sprites in the WIP version, they're really coming along now.
-Ghost-

Postby CanisLaticanis » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:23 pm

Something that's bugging me a bit: the AUG doesn't have a bolting animation when reloaded from empty, and it also doesn't get +1 round from reloading with a partial magazine.

EDIT: Also, when aiming down sights your crosshairs don't disappear. And the UMP with drum upgrade always gets 51 rounds, even when reloading from empty.
CanisLaticanis

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods