Fusion Weaver 1.11.0: Vendor refactor! Time to sell!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Fusion Weaver 1.10.0: Thor is here... with fixes

Postby AvzinElkein » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:41 am

Foxin had no armor equipped, for one. I was trying to equip armor in Hexen as Foxin, but it got insta-dropped. The reason why no hotkeys is because I've already assigned too many keys to other functions. I think that in order to give Soul Flasks a use in singleplayer, they give a random rune when used by anyone but Za'Sha.
AvzinElkein

Discord: AvzinReborn#9162
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)

Postby Virathas » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:30 am

Ok, got the Armor issue fixed - it's now deployed. The fix *SHOULD* work with saved games, but i had to touch the ACS modules, and GZDoom doesn't like that during saved games(I did create a save game to see if it will work, and it did). Note that this affected only Hexen, but all characters. Since this was at least he second "Hexen-only" bug, i believe there might be more. Why is it happening? Hexen doesn't treat a "delay 1 tick" the same way as Doom does.

I completely undertand that - i usually have entire keyboard bound when playing her. But if you do have an idea how to "avoid" it, then I am all ears.

That is an idea, I need to actually think about it. Though it would probably look weird :P. Then again, I probably could program the flask to be replaced by a random rune on its "spawn"...
Virathas

Postby AvzinElkein » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:50 am

What do experience orbs do for Nova? Also, you know the "inventory" that lets you equip weapons and armor as Za'Sha? You should expand that to let you use potions from there.
AvzinElkein

Postby Virathas » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:07 am

Every other level she gains the ability to improve her skill with a weapon. It is accuracy, precision (increases minimum damage) and some form of attack speed. She can also learn to modify found land mines and grenades (using minerals for that).
Every fifth level she gains a major improvement to one of her abilities (if she has one), for example she can improve usage of medkits, and receive more health each from used Field Kit.
Virathas

Postby Virathas » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:08 am

AvzinElkein wrote:Also, you know the "inventory" that lets you equip weapons and armor as Za'Sha? You should expand that to let you use potions from there.

I could actually do that. Although i intend to rework this entire screen first, this should be something straightforward. I'll add it to the list of things to do
Virathas

Postby AvzinElkein » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:10 am

Also, for Nova, I think mineral bundles can replace chainsaw spawns. Also, the Soul Flask replacement should be called the "Ensouled Rune". When used, if you're Za'Sha, you gain a Dragon Soul. If you're a rune magic user, gain a random rune. Everyone else? You can sell it.
AvzinElkein

Postby Virathas » Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:51 am

The mienrals for chainsaw is a good idea - one that oddly enough didn't occur to me. It shouldn't negatively impact progression (too fast), so i'll probably add it in next version. Perhaps Super Shotgun as well, so something can be obtaiined by her.
The Soul Flask one is a bit more complex case. Mostly, because runes probably can't be obtained in other games. In Heretic you probably could get most of them, but in Strife - not a single one. I could add them as drops to "native monsters" there, but it might not always make sense. That's why i still need to consider how to proceed in those games.
Virathas

Postby AvzinElkein » Fri May 01, 2020 11:40 am

So no plans on Chex Quest compatibility?
AvzinElkein

Postby Virathas » Sat May 02, 2020 6:04 am

Currently no. Never played it myself, so can't really tell if is viable. Though probably it would be fairly simple, adding a few replacers for ammo and monsters(to add exp as drop from them).
Virathas

Postby AvzinElkein » Sat May 02, 2020 8:01 am

Virathas wrote:Currently no. Never played it myself, so can't really tell if is viable. Though probably it would be fairly simple, adding a few replacers for ammo and monsters(to add exp as drop from them).

Well, Chex Quest is a free IWAD: https://www.moddb.com/games/chex-quest/downloads/chex-quest-3-official-release. Also, I think you should refine the mod so it can tell if you're playing single- or multi-player, so it can tweak the items accordingly.
AvzinElkein

Re: Fusion Weaver 1.11.0: Vendor refactor! Time to sell!

Postby Virathas » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:17 pm

New update!

TL;DR: Vendor has been refactored, more items available to purchase and some can now be sold. New armor items, new Ranger feature, a lot of balances and some fixes. All items in the Vendor screen have tooltips with exact functionality.

Half a year is way too long for any Patch.

You can find all and more in the Patch Highlight video here.

Next version, might be what i planned for 1.11.0 earlier (work on Monster Master, feature enchantment rebalance for Za'Sha, rework of her weapon code, perhaps some new gear for her. Additional use for "Increase Maximum Stamina".) or Player Inventory/Status screen. I also plan to add "Rune Spell Scrolls" to the vendor, and fix some known overlapping issues for the new Vendor UI.
Virathas

Postby AvzinElkein » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:18 pm

You forgot to make certain items turn to gold coins when none of the characters can actually use them... I think.
AvzinElkein

Postby Virathas » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:13 am

This is one of the things that will be in the future: Like i said, for now the only "special case" is Chainsaw->Mineral cart for Nova. It will come for other items as well, so there will be little to no placeholder/useless items for most characters.
Virathas

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods