Fusion Weaver 1.11.0: Vendor refactor! Time to sell!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Fusion Weaver 1.10.0: Thor is here... with fixes

Postby Virathas » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:52 am

I can't reproduce the switch weapon issue - it works for me properly. Maybe source port issue? I use GZDoom here.
The armor problem - it is far more serious than expected - no armor is set right regardless of which Class you use. I'll try to fix it ASAP.

Also: Great thanks for giving all the bug reports - i tend to tailor it for the regular Doom experience - so often enough i will miss something from other IWADs :)
Virathas

Postby AvzinElkein » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:58 am

Speaking of Doom, have you tried it out with WadSmooshed Doom?
AvzinElkein

Discord: AvzinReborn#9162
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)

Postby Virathas » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:12 am

Never used it - I always kept relaunching the game :). Although it would make it possible to play as a single character from doom1 to all things... I have a question though - does it also merge other Doom-like games (i.e. Heretic)?
Virathas

Postby AvzinElkein » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:13 am

Virathas wrote:Never used it - I always kept relaunching the game :). Although it would make it possible to play as a single character from doom1 to all things... I have a question though - does it also merge other Doom-like games (i.e. Heretic)?

It does not, alas. WadSmoosh merely merges several Doom Wads: https://jp.itch.io/wadsmoosh
AvzinElkein

Postby Virathas » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:17 am

I am glad - it would make soooooo many problems in the mod :D. I'll have to check it out at some point.
Virathas

Postby AvzinElkein » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:34 am

The only reason I use WadSmoosh is to go with Dinosaur_Nerd's continuation mod: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=66213
AvzinElkein

Postby Virathas » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:36 am

This looks great! I will need to check it out - I've seen a few maps i wanted to play but I would lose progress!
Virathas

Postby AvzinElkein » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:41 am

By default, it will heal you when an episode ends.
AvzinElkein

Postby Virathas » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:05 am

I have deployed yet another hotfix - armors should now spawn properly in Strife. I have also added the Doom UI when outside of Doom games.

Side note: Strife built-in merchants are not fully compatible, they use different type of currency than the Daedric Merchant (item class coin vs item class money). Also the items that can be purchased behave differently, an example being purchasing armor from the armor merchant and then attempting to take it off will result in "dispelling" of the armor.
Virathas

Postby AvzinElkein » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:13 pm

Still, best of luck experimenting with WadSmoosh and DN's episodic mod.
AvzinElkein

Postby Starman the Blaziken » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:44 pm

Their is a problem I do have with the mod (outside of the balance that is the ammo diversity and class weapon restrictions which can make some levels real hard to play through with some classes) is with the fact I cannot swap to the starting melee weapon sometimes when I get a weapon for the class, in the case Strife. I cannot really conserve ammo in smart ways when the game does not allow me to get to the knife as easy as Doom would.
Oh, and sometimes when I do get a weapon with ammo, for some reason it might get stuck and the only way to get to it is with the weapon keys. I forgot what exactly caused that issue for me, but I have a bit of a hard thought when it comes to playing the mod when ammo and weapons can get really scarce.
Starman the Blaziken

Discord: Starman The Blaziken#2417
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Virathas » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:17 am

I have heard of the weapon swap problem, and i was finally able to reproduce it. It was introduced with a new GZDoom version (I use 3.2.5 during development, and it does not occur there; but it does occur on 4.3.3). I will investigate and try to fix it, as it does work in Vanilla Strife.
About balance, yes, Rebel is by far the hardest class to play with.
If you can provide more info when a weapon is stuck (which class, which IWAD, which weapon) i will be able to investigate and, hopefully, fix it.
Virathas

Postby Virathas » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:08 am

Hotfix deployed for the "Punch dagger" issue. Also fixed the Foxin's Elemental Trinity sword to actually do Fire, Ice and Lightning damage instead of 3 times ice. Buffed it slightly as well.

This hotfix is compatible with older saved games, but for any games started with "broken" Rebel, you need to use the "give NewPunchDagger" command to once more be able to select it.
Virathas

Postby AvzinElkein » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:12 am

Dunno if bug, but casting Oakflesh as Za'Sha in Strife alerts guards. Also, I wish there was a way to use potions as Za'Sha without using hotkeys. Another thing! Is it true that Foxin can't wear armor? I tried picking up resistance armor, only for it to be insta-dropped. I don't see a way for runes to drop in Hexen, though.
AvzinElkein

Postby Virathas » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:34 am

Let me list to make it easier to answer:
1) Casting spells will alert the guards, that is intended. Only a handful of effects are "undetectable":
- Marine's Pistol with Tome of Power
- Rebel's Punch Dagger and Poison Bolts
- Nova's Snipe (And maybe Psionic Storm)
- Ranger's regular arrows and sword (Although the sword alerts enemies but only in close proximity)
- Foxin's everything, unless using Rune Magic her weapons are fully silent.
2) Any idea how it could work differently? I thought hot-keys are easiest to use, especially with the "use best potion" option.
3) She can use any armor. Maybe you had a different armor equipped? Try playing around with Armor pickup mode, or maybe you have also pressed "drop armor" button?
4) Unfortunately, it is possible that Rune Magic is not fully supported in non-Doom games. I will need to do a content sweep, to make sure all runes can be obtained in someway
Virathas

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods