Fusion Weaver 1.13.1: Monster Master Fixes!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Virathas

Re: Fusion Weaver 1.6.0: All new Cacos! Flying Monsters upda

Post by Virathas »

Long time nothing, but now a wild update has appeared! 1.6.0!

TL;DR: 4 new monsters, 2 new rune magic spells and a few fixes. Nerf to Dark Templar shields

No point to really type in here what is new, check out the change logs or this patch highlights video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMO1HgdB0Jo

Out of other notes, Monster Master is still WiP, and is completely unplayable (You can choose it as a player class, but you can do barely anything as him; available as a simple way to see how it looks).
In the future, when the Monster Master is finally done, Damage refactoring will be the next priority - Setting all monsters resistances and weapon damages... Fun times...
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

I haven't started it yet, and Fusion Weaver is the only mod I'm using. The game is Ultimate DOOM, and I got errors (A red error message is important that I won't start the game):
Virathas

Post by Virathas »

This screen doesn't suggest any fatal errors. The red error is an odd one, and been here since a long time - never caused any issues. Doom doesn't like the filename. But this screen is totally normal - you should just start a new game right now. I did a quick test with GZDoom 3.3.2, on Ultimate doom - the same screen, I opened Main Menu, chose an episode, difficulty and then a player class and afterwards the game started normally.

Also note that the invalid data errors are harmless, and so is the truncation warning.

If you will still encounter the issue, i'll try something - but it is hard to debug an error of this sort when it does not occur for me.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Virathas wrote:This screen doesn't suggest any fatal errors. The red error is an odd one, and been here since a long time - never caused any issues. Doom doesn't like the filename. But this screen is totally normal - you should just start a new game right now. I did a quick test with GZDoom 3.3.2, on Ultimate doom - the same screen, I opened Main Menu, chose an episode, difficulty and then a player class and afterwards the game started normally.

Also note that the invalid data errors are harmless, and so is the truncation warning.

If you will still encounter the issue, i'll try something - but it is hard to debug an error of this sort when it does not occur for me.
My bad. Although I do notice that sometimes, items get replaced by stuff that my class can't use; for example, if I'm playing as Za'Sha, some health/armor bonuses get replaced with Discs of Repulsion, which can't even be picked up by Za'Sha!
Virathas

Post by Virathas »

There are a few cases of that, true. Caused because the particular item does not have a class-specific item set. Why? Well... For some i didn't think of a valid item :D - If you have a good idea, i'll gladly implement that (Though the script is an ACS one, which if i update will cause save games to not load). Although there is also the case of helping the coop environment - using the example of those bonuses, if you play as a Marine and a Za'Sha, you will have all the bonuses for Marine. In a more extreme example - Foxin doesn't use ammo. As such, ammo spawns are pretty much useless for you. But if you play Coop, the ammo is all of the type that can be used by the other player.

On this note, if for some reason an item would start rapidly changing during other time than map loading, it is a significiant bug (But again, Monster Master has this issue, because it is a heavy Work In Progress).
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Virathas wrote:There are a few cases of that, true. Caused because the particular item does not have a class-specific item set. Why? Well... For some i didn't think of a valid item :D - If you have a good idea, i'll gladly implement that (Though the script is an ACS one, which if i update will cause save games to not load). Although there is also the case of helping the coop environment - using the example of those bonuses, if you play as a Marine and a Za'Sha, you will have all the bonuses for Marine. In a more extreme example - Foxin doesn't use ammo. As such, ammo spawns are pretty much useless for you. But if you play Coop, the ammo is all of the type that can be used by the other player.

On this note, if for some reason an item would start rapidly changing during other time than map loading, it is a significiant bug (But again, Monster Master has this issue, because it is a heavy Work In Progress).
How do I get minerals as the StarCraft character?
Virathas

Post by Virathas »

Both Minerals and Gas are obtained from destroying Starcraft vehicles and can be found in place of Rockets/Cells. In late game you may also have a mineral deposit/geyser, but they give resources at the start of a map, provided you have the workers to work them.
Hipnotic Rogue

Post by Hipnotic Rogue »

Looks interesting. It's always nice to see mods that support Heretic. I'm looking forward to playing with it tonight. :)
Virathas

Post by Virathas »

Hope you'll enjoy it :). Though to be frank, the monster replacer will not be present in Heretic... But it's very easy to set (not that easy to balance though), so I can always rig it up if needed.
Virathas

Re: Fusion Weaver 1.7.0: More Item Information!

Post by Virathas »

New Version!

Not much going on, a lot of backend work for Monster Master, some balancing (I am looking at you, Ghosts), and a few items are now permanently visible on the UI. For more you can visit the patch highlights!
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

What game is Foxin from?
Virathas

Post by Virathas »

No game - created from scratch. The model was designed for Warcraft 3, but alas, the model itself was lost with a disk failure.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Virathas wrote:No game - created from scratch. The model was designed for Warcraft 3, but alas, the model itself was lost with a disk failure.
I assume the same goes for Ranger?
Virathas

Post by Virathas »

Yes, though the sprites are from resources from realm667.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Virathas wrote:Yes, though the sprites are from resources from realm667.
Ah, okay. I dunno how to play as the Starcraft character, though!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”