Fusion Weaver 1.13.1: Monster Master Fixes!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
AvzinElkein

Re: Fusion Weaver 1.8.0: Armor and Rune update!

Post by AvzinElkein »

Strife data seems incomplete; where there should be a guard at the start, there was only a placeholder... Likewise with Hexen; some of the Afrits got replaced with placeholders.
Virathas

Post by Virathas »

Odd, theses were all working when I checked them last time. Apparently something broke in the meantime... Curious thing, as spawning all of those "missing" monsters manually work completely fine. I'll try to isolate the problem and deploy a fix ASAP.

EDIT: I have managed to isolate the issue. The fix, however, is not as trivial, and due to the new feature i am working on I can't easily upload a fixed version. But I was able to upload a dirty workaround, that should fix most of the spawning issues.1.9.0 Will hold an actual fix, that is way cleaner. The hotfix should be up in an hour or so.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

I'll wait until 1.9.0 then.
Virathas

Re: Fusion Weaver 1.9.0: Speed update!

Post by Virathas »

New update!

TL;DR: New Movement and Attack Speed system for monsters, some backend work and some fixes. For a full list you can see the Patch Highlights or the Change Log!

Plans for the future are the same as they used to. However i do intend to push 1.9.1, that will include attack speed for player weaponry!
Virathas

Re: Fusion Weaver 1.9.1: Dynamic Player Weapon Speed update!

Post by Virathas »

New update!

Far later than intended, but 1.9.1 is up now! Player weapon speed is now affected by various speed buffs and debuffs (except for Za'Sha, i will need to do a total rework of the code there to implement more).

Note, that so far speeds feel odd, slows seem a bit too weak and speed ups feel to big. This is caused by not exactly the best calculations, and this will be revisited at later version. There might be still some wonkiness with monster behavior but nothing major (except Terran Predator, that needs to have it's See state readjusted).

Next version will probably feature some work on Monster Master, and perhaps a new monster. Perhaps the Terran Thor, as a new boss level monster? We shall see!
Virathas

Re: Fusion Weaver 1.10.0: Thor is here... with fixes

Post by Virathas »

New update!

Way later than hoped for, but here it is nonetheless! New Monster, and a ton of fixes and nerfs!

You can find all and more in the Patch Highlight video here.

Next version, in addition to work on Monster Master, will feature enchantment rebalance for Za'Sha, the aforementioned rework of her weapon code, and perhaps some new gear for her. And maybe an additional use for "Increase Maximum Stamina".
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

I'm not sure if you know this, but I saw a good number of orange messages when I loaded it with WadSmooshed DOOM: Also, Heretic ammo isn't replaced when you're Za'Sha.
Virathas

Post by Virathas »

Most of the Orange messages are known by me:
- First two are just markers inside the pk3
- Stimpack thingies are some remnants that i will remove next patch
- Power thingies are a work in progress for Monster Master

However, i do not see those later ones in GZDoom - but i will investigate to make sure all references are OK

Also, thanks for the bug report! Actually all ammo in Heretic got broken and don't change to classes - i will fix it tomorrow, so expect a fix in around 12 hours (+/- 6hours). Should be fairly simple to do so :).
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Is it just me, or in Hexen, Za'Sha can't equip items (yes, I hit the Use/Open key)? Another thing: Strife ammo remains unchanged if you're Foxin.
Virathas

Post by Virathas »

I have deployed a fix for both the Heretic Ammo issue and Hexen Za'Sha apparel issue. It should all work properly now, though there is slight visual glitch when changing armor for Za'Sha now. Regarding ammo when playing as Foxin: It is intended! Foxin does not use any ammo from pickups, as such no items spawn for her in their place. This is also very useful in coop play, as her allies get all the ammo they need.

If you see anything odd, or have any ideas I am all ears

PS: I hopefully fixed those orange drop item references - one of them was an actual bug!
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Question; what do Soul Flasks do?
Virathas

Post by Virathas »

Soul Flasks contain "Boss level" souls for Za'Sha's Shouts. Simply use them, and she will absorb them. This is a compatibility item, since Hexen does not have enough Boss monsters.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Well, those sometimes drop for Foxin, and when in Doom, the Rebel cannot switch back to their knife. Another thing: Is it intentional for enemies' ammo drops to not be replaced?
Virathas

Post by Virathas »

All drops from monsters drop for any possible class - Soul Flasks are no exception. They can be picked up, so in a coop environment can be used to bring it them to Za'Sha.
I am not encountering the problem with Rebel. Perhaps weapon slot 1 is not assigned? Or maybe some flag in options is set that prevents changing to fists?
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

I used the mouse wheel for next/previous weapon and the switch to weapon slot 1 button. Another thing: in Strife, the armor remains as-is instead of changing to something-character appropriate. (Playing as Za'Sha.)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”