Fusion Weaver 1.13.1: Monster Master Fixes!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Virathas

Fusion Weaver 1.13.1: Monster Master Fixes!

Post by Virathas »

Logo150.jpg
This is a monster/player character replacer addon that works for Doom, Heretic, Hexen and even Strife!

Features:
- A total of 10 player character classes including the good old Marine, Heretic and Hexen characters, the Strife rebel, and 4 completely new characters: Ranger, Foxin, Nova, Dragonborn!
- Some balancing tweaks for classic classes and even new mechnics like Rune Magic!
- More than a 100 different monsters, some simply tweaked a little and some never seen before, like a Terran Siege Tank!
- Compatiblity with most non-replacer map packs!
- Works not only with Doom IWADs, but also Heretic, Hexen and Strife! (Though only as player character/weapon replacer)
- Now also works with Chex Quest! (Although some features are unavailable there)
- Full Cooperative Support with waypoints placed by players!
- Fully functional target health bar!
- While it is a release version, it is in active develompent!

Download Link(If the link is not working message me so I can fix it): Fusion Weaver

Additional Add-ons:
Single Player Character changer

You might also want to follow me on my YouTube channel to see way more!

Changelog:
Spoiler:
And a few screenshots:
Dragonborn about to die
Dragonborn about to die
Attachments
A Phoenix, a Urun and a Hellion walk into the bar...
A Phoenix, a Urun and a Hellion walk into the bar...
Last edited by Virathas on Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:11 pm, edited 26 times in total.
Doomenator

Re: Fusion Weaver Mod Version 1.0.0

Post by Doomenator »

You know, if you will convert the sound to OGG format, the mod will be less than 100Mb. :)
Virathas

Re: Fusion Weaver Mod Version 1.0.0

Post by Virathas »

Doomenator wrote:You know, if you will convert the sound to OGG format, the mod will be less than 100Mb. :)
Yeah, i still need to optimize everything. Both sounds and graphics. :P
It is still the first release version though.
Virathas

Re: Fusion Weaver Mod Version 1.2.0

Post by Virathas »

Updated with some significiant fixes! Enjoy!
Virathas

Re: Fusion Weaver Mod Version 1.3.0

Post by Virathas »

New version! Some fixes, Ranger's Explosive Arrow buffed and 2 new monsters!
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Is that a Protoss Nexus mugshot in the 3rd pic!?
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

Oh Christ, this has as many keys as a real roguelike. I recommend adding a way to cycle between actions instead of having to bind every single one of them. Some other mods do it by delegating them to inventory items but I think that would be too cluttered as there are already inventory items around this mod. Also, I seem to have gotten a randomizer error where items were literally rapidly changing in front of me and when I collected it it gave me a "Something went terribly wrong!" error.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Do you have a list of credits?
Virathas

Post by Virathas »

Lud wrote:Is that a Protoss Nexus mugshot in the 3rd pic!?
Yes it is, though to be more precise, it's an item. Since the character (Nova) can research technologies, build minions or even morph into one! Nearly half of Terran and Protoss units from Starcraft: Wings of Liberty are available in the mod!
Someone64 wrote:Oh Christ, this has as many keys as a real roguelike. I recommend adding a way to cycle between actions instead of having to bind every single one of them. Some other mods do it by delegating them to inventory items but I think that would be too cluttered as there are already inventory items around this mod. Also, I seem to have gotten a randomizer error where items were literally rapidly changing in front of me and when I collected it it gave me a "Something went terribly wrong!" error.
Most of the hotkeys are indeed optional, and added as a way to select skills without cycling (of course you can do it that way as well). Furthermore most of the hotkeys are character specific and do nothing if set for others. If i haven't set it yet I will set a default keybind that will fit most characters, with all necessarry keybinds.

Did you per chance select the Monster Master class? If so, then yeah it's not working right... As i am a derp and i forgot to disable it for release. If it was any other character than that is a severe bug. As soon as I am able I'll put in a hotfix blocking the character.
wildweasel wrote:Do you have a list of credits?
Yup, though it is inside the .zip file. I hope i have everyone there, but if anyone sees that someone is missing - by all means message me so I can add them.
Virathas

Re: Fusion Weaver Mod Version 1.4.0

Post by Virathas »

New update!

TL;DR: Two new monsters, a few fixes, a lot of background work for the new character class

Fusion Weaver 1.4.0 is now LIVE! It features two new monsters utilizing a new damage type/element: Void. The element is generally effective on all living things, and tend to have chaotic status effects. The two new monsters, Voidcubus and Voidrevenant, both have special quirks. Voidcubus is slightly stronger version of mancubus that may cause weakness upon dealing damage. Voidrevenant has the power elsewhere, being able to rise from the dead after being slain.
There one significant change reducing the Strife Templar's movement speed, as I increased it way too much.
There were a few fixes, the noteable ones are Storms working in QZdoom and GZDoom (They were working in regular ZDoom though) and Supply Drop no longer spawning outside the map. Airstrike and storms are still spawning outside, but the fix used for the Supply Drop is not viable for the other two.
Also worth of note, that the Monster Master class, the one that is WIP, is no longer selectable(if you want to play around with it, uncomment the comment in KEYCONF. There isn't much playable at the moment though). I put a lot of work in it, but i still have around 70% of the character to do. All inventory items, a lot of GFX, SBAR and most of the monster selection/evolution system(I have around 40% done by now). So it will take some time until it's done.

But for now, enjoy the 1.4.0 version! Feedbacks and bugreports are welcome!
Virathas

Re: Fusion Weaver 1.5.0: Protoss Zealot joins the fray!

Post by Virathas »

New update! (1.5.0)

Zealots can now be found as a hostile monsters - and also available to Nova as a trainable unit. They are pretty strong and fast, and can use the Charge ability, increasing both their speed and damage for a short while.
Also Fusion Weaver now has a logo! For now at least.
Got a different screenshot here as well.
Kyotra

Post by Kyotra »

No offense, but the name of your mod sounds like some kinda 3D CAD program.
Virathas

Post by Virathas »

None taken, but you are totally right, I probably should try to think of some other name... Though it is very hard :D
Bezhael

Post by Bezhael »

I cant figure out how to change weapons in this mod.
Virathas

Post by Virathas »

Bezhael wrote:I cant figure out how to change weapons in this mod.
Which player class were you using? For all but the Za'Sha (Skyrim character) it is as simple as pressing a button. For her, you need to first equip the weapon. Open her special inventory, select an inventory by using movement buttons and equip by using use button (You need to bind her menus from the options menu first). For visual presentation, you can look at the character video on my channel.
Also note, that some weapons might not be obtainable by cheats.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”