Fusion Weaver 1.13.1: Monster Master Fixes!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Virathas

Re: Fusion Weaver 1.7.0: More Item Information!

Post by Virathas »

Generally the same as you would any. But she tends to be very weak at start, needing to rely on her weak pistol. At least until you can find a better weapon. Her "building" stuff will probably not come in until later levels, as she requires 400 minerals to even start building in the tech tree. To see the tech trees you need to bind the "strife pop-up" keys.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Virathas wrote:Generally the same as you would any. But she tends to be very weak at start, needing to rely on her weak pistol. At least until you can find a better weapon. Her "building" stuff will probably not come in until later levels, as she requires 400 minerals to even start building in the tech tree. To see the tech trees you need to bind the "strife pop-up" keys.
How does one acquire these minerals?
Virathas

Post by Virathas »

Both minerals and gas are obtained from 3 sources. 1) Destroying enemy Protoss and Terran vehicles; 2) They spawn in place of Cells and sometimes instead of Rockets; 3) From Mineral Fields and Refineries/Assimilators, but those two are not available until late game.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

How do I use potions and equip armor as Za'Sha?
Virathas

Post by Virathas »

Za'Sha uses potions via hotkeys, and only hot keys. You can either bind a particular potion or bind the "best" potion of a particular type, like "the best healing potion". Armor is equipped the same as weapons - you open your inventory by a hotkey, and you navigate the menu by using movement buttons and interact with it by using the use key.
Virathas

Re: Fusion Weaver 1.7.1: Moar Hotkeys!

Post by Virathas »

New, albeit small, update!

Added new hotkeys - this version should be fully compatible with saves from version 1.7.0.
Note that if you had the Field Healing Kit bound, you will have to manually rebind it.

I do have some plans for 1.8.0 - most notably a change to the armor system - to allow the user to choose whether to pick up an armor or not, and also the ability to drop it.
OlegGontar

Post by OlegGontar »

Hello guys, please help me, I can't download the mod :(
I click to the link, but nothing happenes...
Virathas

Post by Virathas »

OlegGontar wrote:Hello guys, please help me, I can't download the mod :(
I click to the link, but nothing happenes...
Weird - I just rechecked the link - it does work. Although it does open the archive via dropbox and prompts you to log in (It s not required - you can download it without logging in)

EDIT: I have changed the link so it will forcibly prompt download. Seems to be working as in intended.
Keldian

Post by Keldian »

acs.acs - 71,000 lines of code
MainDeco.txt - 84,000 lines of code
why not split these files into several smaller and more specialized ones (make separate files for spawners, for example)?
Virathas

Post by Virathas »

The reason is simple. It takes a ton of time to refactor and sort functions and objects. Frankly, this is all because of lack of foresight on my part, never expected for the project to become that big. At least currently i create new decorate modules as they are needed.
Virathas

Re: Fusion Weaver 1.8.0: Armor and Rune update!

Post by Virathas »

New update!

TL;DR: New Armor system, rune spellbook, a few new rune spells, megasphere changes and some fixes. For a full list you can see the Patch Highlights or the Change Log!

In the future i plan to add the Monster Master (though the development goes veeeeeeeery slow). Also rebalancing and adding a few new features to Za'Sha.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Funny question: does this work w/ Strife?
Virathas

Post by Virathas »

AvzinElkein wrote:Funny question: does this work w/ Strife?
Actually, it does! While it does not support random monster spawns, and has a few issues, you can use any of the player classes! (There is a bit of a problem with Alien Spectres, as i was unable to replace them without breaking the scripts. To fight them you either need to use debug "MDK" or to have a challenging fight but still in game, target the spectre and open the console and type "summon spectralseeker". It will allow all weapons to do damage, but will also give a hefty damage resist buff).
If you'd really like to use the monsters there, drop me a line, as rigging that in is pretty easy (but it would be extremely random, as there isn't many monsters types in Strife)
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Virathas wrote:
Actually, it does! While it does not support random monster spawns, and has a few issues, you can use any of the player classes! (There is a bit of a problem with Alien Spectres, as i was unable to replace them without breaking the scripts. To fight them you either need to use debug "MDK" or to have a challenging fight but still in game, target the spectre and open the console and type "summon spectralseeker". It will allow all weapons to do damage, but will also give a hefty damage resist buff).
If you'd really like to use the monsters there, drop me a line, as rigging that in is pretty easy (but it would be extremely random, as there isn't many monsters types in Strife)
How do I use "MDK"?
Virathas

Post by Virathas »

AvzinElkein wrote:
Virathas wrote:
How do I use "MDK"?
MDK is the console cheat that simply kills the target you point at. Simply open the console (~ key), type MDK, press enter, and the target you currently point at dies.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”