Highway To Hell v3 - End Of The Road

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Highway To Hell v2 - Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

I suggest the health packs staying put too. It fits the game with a more quake-ish feeling.
SoundOfDarkness

Post by SoundOfDarkness »

My only complaint is the constant flame sound when the shotgun is equipped, which is kinda annoying for me. Maybe lower the volume a bit more or remove it completely.

Oh, and if anyone cares: No problems running this mod with Zandronum 3, at least not with the version I'm currently using.
Rustygold

Post by Rustygold »

I have one suggestion for balance reasons, Make the primary fire for the SSG both barrels firing and make the secondary fire the single barrel shot. It just feels weird to have It the other way around.
NullWire

Post by NullWire »

¿You are going to add all the guns of every Doom? Including mobile games
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Rustygold wrote:I have one suggestion for balance reasons, Make the primary fire for the SSG both barrels firing and make the secondary fire the single barrel shot. It just feels weird to have It the other way around.
Agreed, it always feels clunky to have a single shot on the primary.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

I feel the exact opposite way - primary fire is typically bound to the index finger and thus implies greater precision.

Of course, I also make far, far more use of the SSG killing 2 guys at a time rather than overkilling 1 guy and getting shot/running away helplessly (or, more typically, getting shot by both of them while trying to get them both in the doubleshot death cone), so I'm biased.
Rustygold

Post by Rustygold »

Vaecrius wrote:I feel the exact opposite way - primary fire is typically bound to the index finger and thus implies greater precision.

Of course, I also make far, far more use of the SSG killing 2 guys at a time rather than overkilling 1 guy and getting shot/running away helplessly (or, more typically, getting shot by both of them while trying to get them both in the doubleshot death cone), so I'm biased.
That's not what the supershotgun Is about, It was specifically designed to take out medium enemies and act as sort of a crowd control for smaller guys likes zombies and imps. The shotgun Is the one you want to be using against groups of imps, zombies, etc. It's also faster and more ammo efficient with the exception of this mods flamethrower which works good with panic firing when you get cornered by pinkys or other vermin. Although I am biased myself when It comes to the shotguns.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Classic, decent and interesting mod! It's been fun touching weapons and killing monsters. But i've found some problems to talk about;

- Nice touch on pistol when lacks ammo while pressing Alt-Fire. But the problem is It only fire once even though i only had 3 rounds and i still can use them all up. But nope, it just fires once because my ammo is still not enough.

And i have no idea why is it still accurate, making Primary fire a bit useless.

- Service SMG Mk.II's zooming is kinda awkward; it doesn't zoom further enough and still inaccurate, but with slow firerate. It makes Primary fire more useful to me.

- Don't you think Plasma Combat Rifle is overwhelming? I mean, i can kill baron with one shot.

- BFG 2704's Alt-fire is pretty underwhelming. I mean the sound effects are nice and such, but it sounds like projectile has no powerful sound effects at all.

- Berserk Kit is WAY TOO LARGE! For real man, i guess?

- Heavy Assault Rifle's Missile, Precision Railgun, Plasma Combat Rifle's Projectile and BFG 2704's Alt-Fire Projectile has no decal at all.

And that's about it. Really fine mod to play with. Nice job!
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

I seem to have found a bug, if you switch weapons while zoomed in with the railgun, you get permanent night vision until you switch back to the railgun and zoom in and out.
Black Rock Shooter

Post by Black Rock Shooter »

NullWire wrote:¿You are going to add all the guns of every Doom? Including mobile games
The SMG on the cover art is one of them, if everything goes as I expect. But not all of them.
CaptainJ wrote:
Spoiler:
Thanks for the appreciation Cap! Most of those issues (exceot for the BFG2704 sound) will be fixed for the 2.5 that will be coming soon, with a Chaingun in place of the SMG. But she'll will return on the v3 (btw I huge fan of your sprite work). I'm not a huge fan of decals though.
SoundOfDarkness wrote:Oh, and if anyone cares: No problems running this mod with Zandronum 3, at least not with the version I'm currently using.
Thanks for the test bud, I'll be sure to include this next time (and I can lower a bit the sound too). I'm more of singleplayer guy.

And finally, I'll not touch on the SSG. She'll stay as it is.
Armaetus
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Armaetus »

Does this alter monsters in any way?
Black Rock Shooter

Glaice wrote:Does this alter monsters in any way?
No, it can be played with any Monster Pack/WAD. You'll only have issues if the wad have custom weapons (but nothing a little patch from yours truly can't solve).
0mrcynic0
Location: The corner of "screw off" and "none of your business."

Post by 0mrcynic0 »

Is it also possible to disable the grenade launcher and railgun in-game? Sometimes when I use the mod and then play MAP 30 of Doom 2, I sometimes get the grenade launcher instead of the rocket launcher, thereby making the game unwinnable since the grenade launcher fires in an arc, making it really hard to hit inside the boss' brain.
LoneDoomer17

Post by LoneDoomer17 »

Hi there! I’ve been lurking on this forum the past couple of years, using and enjoying the amazing mods this creative community seems to crank out on a near regular basis. Well, after having enjoyed your mod so thoroughly and seeing you were looking for feedback, I figured it was high time I make an account and finally see if any feedback I could give is useful to you and the other fine modders here.

First off, let me say that for a mod that’s only in Version 2, you’ve done a great job with balancing. I’ve certainly played mods with worse balancing and yours is doing pretty well thus far. That being be said there some things that could be improved upon. Other people have already covered some of these but I figure it can’t hurt to say it again. I’ve also spoilered each them so the post isn’t just a gigantic eyesore.

Rocket Launcher
Spoiler:

Grenade Launcher
Spoiler:
Shotgun Alt-fire
Spoiler:
Already heavily discussed SMG
Spoiler:
"Precision" weapon suggestion
Spoiler:
Anyway, those are my thoughts on your mod thus far, BRS. Sorry for the length of the blocks, but I’ve been playing your mod more than any other lately and I genuinely want to see this mod get better and figured maybe a bit of detail couldn’t hurt. Other than that, I’m eager to see what you have for us next! :)
Black Rock Shooter

Re: Highway To Hell v2.5 - High Voltage

A little update, to start the weekend in that way. As usual, changes are listed on the changelog.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”