Shades of Doom v4.1 (07-09-23)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Whoah

Re: Shades of Doom v1.0.2 - Chaos Mode fixed... I think

Post by Whoah »

shadstarn wrote:
Cyanide wrote:
Gideon020 wrote:You know, Duke3D enemies would probably fit rather well. I can already see Pig Cops in the Shotgun Zombie category, Suicide Drones in the Lost Souls, and that hovering overseer with the rocket launchers as a cacodemon addition.
I've had some of the Duke 3D enemies added to the mod before I released it, but to me they stick out like a soar thumb. Technically I could add arouind half of the enemies from the game, but visually I don't think they fit with the rest of the monsters.
i can give you a duke nukem enemy mod if you want.. i have it
you can pair it with samsara..
I would like this mod as well.
Doomenator

Post by Doomenator »

Cyanide wrote:It is possible to add. But this is a randomizer mod, not a replacer mod. I will not be adding a de-randomizer option to my randomizer mod.
The "Heads Will Roll" theme chooses enemies that loose their heads when dying.
I'd like to see themed sets like heretic, hexen, doom, aliens, hi-tech, gothic, fantasy, medieval, dark creatures, etc. Easier to make customization. But the ideal would be both. :)
Gorec

Post by Gorec »

Doomenator wrote:
Cyanide wrote:It is possible to add. But this is a randomizer mod, not a replacer mod. I will not be adding a de-randomizer option to my randomizer mod.
I'd like to see themed sets like heretic, hexen, doom, aliens, hi-tech, gothic, fantasy, medieval, dark creatures, etc. Easier to make customization. But the ideal would be both. :)
there is an option "forced themes" so maybe it could be like that
shadstarn

Post by shadstarn »

[quote="Whoah"][quote="shadstarn"][quote="Cyanide"][quote="Gideon020"]You know, Duke3D enemies would probably fit rather well. I can already see Pig Cops in the Shotgun Zombie category, Suicide Drones in the Lost Souls, and that hovering overseer with the rocket launchers as a cacodemon addition.[/quote]
I've had some of the Duke 3D enemies added to the mod before I released it, but to me they stick out like a soar thumb. Technically I could add arouind half of the enemies from the game, but visually I don't think they fit with the rest of the monsters.[/quote]

i can give you a duke nukem enemy mod if you want.. i have it
you can pair it with samsara..[/quote]

I would like this mod as well.[/quote]

i will link you to the site

https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronu ... nsters.wad

its from

https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronu ... hp?page=78
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Post by Cyanide »

Doomenator wrote:
Heretic and hexen does not have enough enemies to replace all the monsters in Doom 2. There's a theme that changes some of them called "Nevermore".
A theme with only the doom monsters is easy. Just don't load this mod, and you're set...
There are themes revolving around robotic enemies and medieval weapons as well. ("Diabolus ex Machina" & "Sword & Board")
I've removed a "dark monsters" theme in the past, which I might be able to add in again.
It seems like you wan't a theme that changes every monster to something else. For most of your suggested themes that is not an option for the scope of this mod, which I've already told you once.
shadstarn wrote:Messed up text
Check your messages for bugs before you post. :)
shadstarn

Post by shadstarn »

can you please .. i rewrite this because it might have been lost in conversation

i would love a way to choose individual replacements for your neemies! that would be just the best!
also the names to be frank are confusing to the themes.... nad personal opinion the heads will roll enemies doenst make sense lol they are legos?
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Post by Cyanide »

shadstarn wrote:can you please .. i rewrite this because it might have been lost in conversation

i would love a way to choose individual replacements for your neemies! that would be just the best!
I understood you the first time. :) I still think it goes against the concept of this mod.
shadstarn wrote:also the names to be frank are confusing to the themes.... nad personal opinion the heads will roll enemies doenst make sense lol they are legos?
I think it makes perfect sense. When a theme is rolled it doesn't necessarily reroll every monster to a specific kind. For that specific theme it rerolls 4 monsters to a specific kind: Zombieman, Shotgunguy, Hell Knight and Cyberdemon. The rest of the monsters are randomly selected from all the different variants available.
shadstarn

Post by shadstarn »

this is what i have done i load the SOAD main file and the patch after i do not see any difference ... can you teach me how to use the patches?
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Post by Cyanide »

shadstarn wrote:this is what i have done i load the SOAD main file and the patch after i do not see any difference ... can you teach me how to use the patches?
Have you read the OP?
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Re: Shades of Doom v1.0.3 - More shady business

Post by Cyanide »

New version up. Little things here an there including:
  • More monsters
  • Additional options
  • Ingame credits
  • Tweaks
  • Bugfixes
Whoah

Post by Whoah »

Just played the new update. Great as always! Also, I had an idea for an alien theme. There are quite a few alien variants for the enemies, and that theme could work really well for wads like Dark Universe and Ancient Aliens.
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Post by Cyanide »

Whoah wrote:Just played the new update. Great as always! Also, I had an idea for an alien theme. There are quite a few alien variants for the enemies, and that theme could work really well for wads like Dark Universe and Ancient Aliens.
Good idea! There actually was such a theme a while ago, but that was scrapped. It would work much better now, so I'll be adding that one back in.

EDIT: Also, I've just updated the changelog and the SoD_Patch download. I realized I'd forgotten 2 monsters I've added, and that one of them wasn't compatible with Custom Gun.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

When I was playing some map-packs, I had a strange bug where some enemies that should spawn actually don't.

This happened on Bloodstain and Hellbarde, while I was using Doom Incarnate, so I have no idea what might be at faultl
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

Gideon020 wrote:When I was playing some map-packs, I had a strange bug where some enemies that should spawn actually don't.

This happened on Bloodstain and Hellbarde, while I was using Doom Incarnate, so I have no idea what might be at faultl
Can't check right now, but if the spawning involves A_SpawnItemEx, it misses the SXF_NOCHECKPOSITION flag. Without this flag, actors refuse to spawn if their radius intercepts other actors or map geometry. It's not fail-safe, i.e. sometimes monsters don't spawn even if they do have enough space and are able to move freely.
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Post by Cyanide »

Gideon020 wrote:When I was playing some map-packs, I had a strange bug where some enemies that should spawn actually don't.

Bloodstain changes the Baron of Hell, Hell Knight, Wolfenstein SS and Commander Keen. Shades conflicts with those changes. I'm guessing the same is true for Hellbarde.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”